Red Roof Inn Parsippany
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
US$194
  • Pool
Hampton Inn Parsippany(Parsippany)(Great Value!)
US$183
Hampton.com
US$234
US$182
Courtyard
US$265
US$77
Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany(Parsippany)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$146
HYATT house Parsippany-East(Parsippany)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$159
All reviewsfront deskrooms are cleannew jerseyflat screenpleasant staydunkin donutsfirst floorwould definitely stay here againthe general managerbed was very comfortablemarsharridynastynjpetscommuteroute
Reviewed 9 September 2012

It is rather clean, recently renovated, grounds nicely kept, small rooms but good amenities, flat screen TV, some rooms with fridge and microwave. Excellent value for short stays. Ask for a hair dryer from front desk, they dont have it in the room. Maybe a decent coffee machine in the front would be nice.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2012

Dear NYist,

Thank you for sharing your stay with everyone on Trip Advisor. We try our hardest at the Red Roof Inn - Parsippany to provide clean and comfortable rooms for every guest. As you mentioned, all of our rooms now come with Flat Screen TV's that have HDMI and RCA connections available for computer or gaming devices. We do also provide hair dryers at the front desk. Our Superior King rooms do have a coffee maker in the room with the same great coffee that we provide in the lobby 24 hours a day. We do offer great rates for short stays and even better rates for weekly stays. Ask us how you can save on your next trip.
Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to having you stay here again.
Please travel safely,

Reviewed 31 August 2012

I Thought the Hotel Looked OK, Needed it for Business, The Room looked Renovated, and was large. I Was bothered repeatidly by people outside (standing around drinking), and talking. It looked like a "hotel party", when you Did open your door.
People literally standing outside, sitting on vehicles, (was in 1st bldg. BackSide), I Was told
that I Wouldn't be disturbed. Got to sleep kinda late, then by the time I could Relax, there were maids knocking on the door next day (was just there one night at this point) Then, right outside my door was A Tall Guy "worker", taking out garbage, ( THROWING BAGS OF GARBAGE
OVER The BALCONY) and YELLING accross The parking lot to somebody. I Was totally Irritated by him. This Went on For a While, by him..
Real Rude!!!! This guy had No Respect At ALL!!! I Don't know who bothered me more, the "guys" drinking and "partying" all night, in the parking lot, or the "WORKER'S" the next morning.....(Yelling and conversing outside my hotel door)...
Truly, do NOT Expect to Rest at this hotel, I probably could have rested better in my Car!
It Was Filled with extremely Rude & Disrespectful PPL. OMG, What NOISE at this place!
I Truly Would NOT Recommend it at all...(Not for any type of Rest)...

Room Tip: Don't pick a Room in the 1st Bldg in Back. It Was AWFUL with All The Noise!!! Don't know about that 2nd bldg. (I stayed in the First BLDG.) near Office in back...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Dear Brian T,

Thank you for staying with us at the Red Roof Inn – Parsippany. I am glad that you thought our rooms looked nice and comfortable. I am very sorry that you were disturbed by other guests. We do not tolerate parties at this hotel and if we had known about it we would have stopped it right away. Usually we are a very quiet hotel and we do not have many issues with noise.
Our housekeepers do not start working until after 9AM each day, which is the usual time for housekeepers to start in most hotels. Usually, they will not knock on an occupied room until after 10AM. Most of our guests are usually awake or gone at that time of day. I apologize if someone was yelling outside of your room. I have talked to my staff to try and prevent this from happening again.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

Recently having surgery on my knee (Needed a Quiet Place to rest for several days)..
The Guy who checked me in was polite//fast and Pleasant!! I think his name was JZ....
Anyway, He ASSURED me tha t "I would not be bothered" (was at Red roof about 9 days and nites)., And, I Was told I could leave my Don't Disturb sign in my door.

Well, the Guy who manages the place was a REAL Jerk!!!! The Housekeeper would Still Come By (even though I assured them that I would NOT NEED Service),
But, The Girl told me the Manager says MUST Check All Rooms DAILY!!!
I Was like WHAT????? There Goes my Peaceful Quiet REST at a Hotel!!!!

EveryDay they showed up to "INSPECT" and Clean. (Again I was in BED, just Trying and ASKING for Rest), Paying 80 Bucks a Day (to Rest, and Sleep).
The guy JZ was cool, he gave me a Dont Disturb sign, But He Assured me I
That I WOULD be able to REST at this hotel!!!!
Again, Don't know What the Managers PROBLEM is, But he is either Paraniod and or a Bully to his employees.... This girl who would come to my Room sayin that She HAD TO clean my Room AND inspect (afraid of being fired)...very upset and nice girl, so I Did not bother to
make a big deal about it...
. Anyway, It wasn't until I Checked out on a Wednesday Morning, around 10AM, When my Brother came to assist me (having knee surgery), we were walking around the building and could hear the Manager Yelling at a Lady (guest), for not Answering her Phone!!! I Mean, This guy was banging on her door, saying he was the Property MGR, and How "HE RUNS THE PROPERTY" They 'MUST GAIN ACCESS TO EVERY ROOM" to Inspect and or CLEAN Daily!!! My Bro and I Had to stop to listen (while carrying luggage to my car), then we saw the Guy, He was yellin to her for not answering her phone needing to Gain Access...
Just to Wrap it up, The Red Roof Staff Seems Real Good, The Rooms Seem Very Good, the MGR. Andrew is Truly NOT SO GOOD!!!! --( "Disturbing The Guests" and bullying the workers TO DISTURB the Guests!!!!)
I Will Never Go Back because of this Guy, I Found this situation at this hotel to be ODD, and disturbing. Don't Expect to Ever Sleep a Full Day here, AND, Do Not Bother to put a
"Do Not Disturb" Sign on your Door, They WILL Disturb You, Every Single Day!!!!
What a Joke!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo

Dear Michael S,

Thank you for staying with us at the Red Roof Inn – Parsippany. I am glad to hear that the Front Desk staff was pleasant, helpful and friendly. I am very sorry to hear that rest of your experience was not up to your expectations. I apologize that you felt “bothered” by myself and our staff. It was not our intention to disrupt you in any way.
We do try our hardest to provide each guest with a clean and comfortable room. In order to do so we must maintain the quality of our rooms. Therefore, my staff has been instructed that they must inspect and clean each room at least every three days (not every day as you stated).
To make things clear, I have never yelled at a guest at this property and I never will. I did knock on a guest’s door after trying to contact them by calling the room because they had not had their room cleaned in seven days. This particular guest had a cat and had signed our pet policy where it states that rooms with pets must get cleaned every other day. The guest has caused us problems before and I was stating our policy to the guest and making sure that we could clean her room since they did not answer the phone to talk about it. We did have to do a deep cleaning on the room after the guest left because we were not given access to the room during their stay.
We hope that you will give us another try in the future. Our helpful and friendly staff is always willing and eager to help our guests. I want to assure you that I am not a “bully” to my staff or our guests. I will go out of my way to make sure my staff and guests are happy.

Reviewed 23 August 2012

I thought the registration process was friendly though it was delayed because they didn't know if the room was ready. The bed was comfortable enough, the room appeared clean, BUT I think I was attacked by bed bugs overnight as my arm had big bumps that I couldn't get rid of for over a week. They weren't mosquito bites as they usually disappear overnight or over a few days. But, I suppose there is no way to control whether a previous occupier brought in bed bugs or not. The bathroom amenities (shampoo) were in ketchupdispenser-sized plastic bags. I found the other lodgers rather strange looking in athletic shirts -- not the classiest people but this was summer at a cheap motel. But, do they have to hang around outside their room? Except for the bed bugs, it would have been a pleasant enough stay. A bit over priced for the level but this is typical of the region outside NYC where the minimum goes for $80+/night in summer. The coffee was good and I suppose it saves them lots of money to avoid even the minimal breakfast buffet. In our case, we just went across the street do Dunkin Donuts. I might stay here again but I'd check for bed bugs OR I might try some of the other places further down the road. (Oddly, my wife who slept next to me did not have any bites -- yeah, not sweet enough, I suppose. Sorry, honey.)

Room Tip: Evidently the ground floor rooms are the first to go. You might want to find a room close to the stairs. There are two separate structures with non-connecting second floors. But you may want to stay in a room close to the stairs in the middle of each of these 2 story buildings of perhaps 30 rooms in each building.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear Oak L,

Thank you for staying with us at the Red Roof Inn – Parsippany. I am glad that your room was clean and for the bed was comfortable. I am very sorry to hear that you think you had bed bugs in the room. This does not usually happen at this hotel. We monitor and check for bugs very frequently. Unfortunately, as you stated, sometimes guests bring them to the hotel which we can’t control. We do try our hardest to provide each guest with a clean and comfortable room. We also try to give the best quality for the price.
As you mentioned, there are many great restaurants in the area to find a good meal. Most are within walking distance of the hotel. IHOP and Dunkin Donuts are across the street for breakfast. Long Horn Steak House and Applebee’s are also very close for lunch or dinner.
We have made some recent improvements at the hotel and have improved our linen and towel quality. I have also recently purchased larger shampoo bottles and we will be placing them in the rooms from now on.

Reviewed 17 August 2012

I'll try to make it short:

-Floor was dirty: so much filth lying around
-Only 2 big towels and 2 small towels for a room with two double beds
-Hair and yellow stains on sheets
-Shower curtain to short and water would spill everywhere onto the floor from the corner of the tub (god forbid you should move around once in the shower and happen to push the curtain a bit outwards, subsequently lifting curtain further up and letting more water out)
Hence a 'closed in wet towel' moldy, humid, rotting smell in the bathroom. You know, a very strong "i-forgot-to-take-my-wet-towel-out-of-my-bag" type of smell.
-Door not flush with door frame, had to slam the door to close it (felt bad for my neighbors)
-Crumbs/dust on chair that was not dusted off along with several milky white stains on chair.
-Don't forget to tell them you're not using the safe, since it's an automatic $1.50 fee each night you stay (but they do waive it if you tell them you didn't use it)
-Just one liiiittle facial tissue pack for a room with two double beds.
-Two double bed room is so TINY. If you're traveling with someone, be prepared to get annoyed with them always being in your way.
-No hairdryer or coffeemaker. But wtv.
Not even worth the $75 rate.

Pro: tv was nice.

Room Tip: go elsewhere?
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank UtotheSA J

Dear UtotheSA J,

I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us at the Red Roof Inn - Parsippany. We do try our hardest to provide each guest with a clean and comfortable room. We try to give the best quality for the price. I am glad to hear that you thought our TV's are nice. We recently had all new flat screen TV's installed in each room.
We will provide extra towels and amenities if requested at any time of day. Our helpful and friendly staff are always willing and eager to help our guests. We have made some recent improvements at the hotel and have improved our linen and towel quality. We have also put in new shower curtains which are longer to help prevent water from getting out of the shower.
I would also like to recommend our larger Superior King room, which does come with a Fridge, Microwave, in-room coffee maker, and brand new Serta mattress.
We hope that you will give us another try in the future.
Thank you for your comments as we do strive to improve our hotel and make it better each day.