“Very well maintained with great rates”

Red Roof Inn Parsippany
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Denver, Colorado
“Very well maintained with great rates”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I was quite impressed with this particular Red Roof Inn. The rooms were modern and very clean and the beds were comfortable. The service from the clerk, both on the phone and in person was very good. This is a super choice for staying close to NYC.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank raizen
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Dear Razien,
I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful it is that you have taken the time to notice the efforts of our staff here at the Parsippany Red Roof Inn. Your comments as well as all others give my staff the motivation to work harder and make sure that all of our guests have the same experience as you have. Thank you again and I will surly post this review for all of my staff to see.

We look forward to your next stay here at the Parsippany Red Roof Inn.

Sincerely Yours,

Daniel Gutierrez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Arabic first
PALM BEACH GARDENS
Reviewed 8 August 2013

This part of NJ is a bustling center for business, and vacation travelers. As a result the hotel room rates have steadily gone up. I was looking for a decent place to stay for 2 nights, without going broke. This Red Roof had decent reviews, so we gave it a shot. It's pretty bare bones...no refrigerator or microwave, but the room did have a safe, not especially useful, in my opinion...and if used it'll cost another $1.50. There is no pretense at a free breakfast either. The room was large, the check-in efficient, and the room clean, except for the black hairs on the bathroom floor. This grossed out my wife...I was less upset, figuring I'd add my own before long. Seriously, however the housekeeping is not their strength. They ballyhoo the free internet, but it barely worked in our room.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the office are likely to have better internet connectivity.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ROGER M
Dear Roger M ,

Thank you for you review, We always encourage our guests to tell us about their stays, to show where we need work harder and how well we are doing as a whole.Your comments are a great feed back and I am happy for your response, as we will only get better when guests like yourself let us know where we need to show improvement. I will share your comments with my Housekeeping staff to show them where it is needed. We will only get better and have already started this process which includes updating many of our room amenities, so far we have installed flat screen televisions, hair dryers, iron and ironing boards, and new bedding in all of our rooms. Later this year we will under go a complete renovation that will only offer many more new and exciting features as well.

Thank you again; and we look forward to seeing you when you are back in the Parsippany area for business.

Sincerely

Newton, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 July 2013

As always never a problem and always a smiling face from Guerda when I walk in...She will make you feel like family... I just got engaged and planning on spending a romantic evening here as it is close to NYC and we can come back to a nice clean budget friendly hotel. The rooms are always nice and clean and the staff is super friendly... even ran into the manager outside the hotel and he even remembered me and said hi.I highly recommend this hotel ...been coming here for years and will continue to stay here......

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bear464
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Dear Bear464,

Thank you for your kind words about Our Parsippany Red Roof Inn location. I must agree with you that Guerda is a wonderful employee and asset to our location. She has the ability to make all of our guests feel as though they are family and she never forgets a face or name always making you always feel welcome. I encourage all my staff to be friendly to our guests and make sure that they have the best experiences possible. As for myself; it is always great to run into my guests in or out of the Red Roof Inn and it was an absolute pleasure to meet you and your significant other. We look forward to seeing you both in the near future and I will be sure to share your comments with Guerda and my other staff to make them aware that their efforts are being noticed.

Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 23 June 2013

This is no-frills, but the best no-frills at which we've ever stayed. Marsha, the M-F Desk Person, is delightful and makes one feel at home. The hotel is sandwiched in between I-80 and NJ Rt. 46, but in the room there's no traffic noise at all. It's "pet-friendly" and yet the room has no pet odor at all from previous furry visitors. Our room was clean, updated, with a king-sized bed, flat screen tv, microwave and small fridge. The WiFi connection was sometimes slow and we'd lose the connection and have to reconnect more than I'd like, but we understand that a new WiFi is coming soon. They have the best rate by far of any of the pet-friendly hotels in the area. The closest other pet-friendly hotel is the Ramada Inn, but it's much more expensive and, in short, is a dump. There are many restaurants for dine-in as well as take-out in the area. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Wayne B-g B
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Dear Wayne B-G B,

Thank you for your kind words about Our Parsippany Red Roof Inn location. I must agree with you that Marsha is a wonderful employee and asset to our location. She has the ability to make all of our guests feel as though they are family and never forgest a face or name making you always feel welcome. I encourage all my staff to be friendly to our guests and make sure that they have the best experiences possible. I will be sure to share your comments with Marsha and post your review for my other staff to make them aware that their efforts are being noticed. I am alos happy to say that we will be switching out our WiFi system soon and it will be a much faster and stronger connection for all your personal and business needs.

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I usually stay in the Hampton Inn, close to our US offices when I visit Parsippany. However, on this last trip it worked out at over $500 cheaper to stay and the Red Roof over just four nights, so I thought I would give it a try.

A direct comparison between the Hampton and the Red Roof is simply not fair. But I can say that the Red Roof had the following positive attributes:
* Large, comfortable beds
* Free WIFI
* Good showers
* In-room safe

There is no bar or restaurant at the hotel, but there is a Bottle King almost next door for take-aways, and several restaurants nearby. The downside is that no-one walks in New Jersey. Consequently there are no pavements (sidewalks), so you either get a cab (even if you just want to go one mile down the road) or you walk on the uneven (and often glass-strewn) verge.... or risk your life and walk in the road.

Overall, for a short, solo stay, I thought it was perfectly fine. I would (and probably will) stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Al_Gale777
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Dear Al_Gale77,

Thank you for you review, We always encourage our guests to tell us about their stays, to show where we need improvement and how well we are doing as a whole. Your comments are a great feed back for my staff and in your comments it does show that we are competitive alternative to other brand hotels with a great price point. I am happy to say the we are only getting better and this process includes updating many of our room amenities, so far we have installed flat screen televisions, hair dryers, iron and ironing boards, and new bedding in all of our rooms. Later this year we will under go a complete renovation that will only offer many more new and exciting features as well.

Sincerely

Salem, Connecticut
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Marsha at the Red Rood Inn in Parsippany is by far the best and most proffessional Fround Desk person I have ever dealt with. She goes the extra mile every time I visit there.

I travel 60 days a year and have never come across a person nicer and more enthusiastic.

This Hotels is very nice and clean and you can tell the Managment hires great people.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Dear tonyL s,

Thank you for your kind words about Our Parsippany Red Roof Inn location. I must agree with you that Marsha is a wonderful employee and asset to our location. She has the ability to make all of our guests feel as though they are family. She has the ability to never forget a face or name making you always feel welcome. I encourage all my staff to be friendly to our guests and make sure that they have the best experiences possible. I will be sure to share your comments with Marsha and post your review for my other staff to make them aware that their efforts are being noticed.

Parsipanny, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I enjoy the Welcoming Hospitality of the 24 hour staff. My room is spacious and clean. My bed is extremely comfortable. I can not hear neighbors above or beside me. Affordable Rate. Pet Friendly. Conveniently Located. A Great Value ....
I thank the staff at RED ROOF INN. MARSHA, BARBARA, HOUSEKEEPING, for doing an OUTSTANDING job.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TANA W W
Dear Tana W W,

We look forward to your next stay here at the Parsippany Red Roof Inn.

Sincerely Yours,