“"Red Roof Inn at Parsippany, NJ...the best one I have stayed at"!”

Red Roof Inn Parsippany
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
North Carolina
“"Red Roof Inn at Parsippany, NJ...the best one I have stayed at"!”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I needed a room so I could stay for a few days before Labor Day weekend while visiting my gravely ill aunt in Care One in Morristown. I must say that I have never seen a more well-kept and cleaner Red Roof...with such a friendly and helpful staff...anywhere! And, I have stayed at Red Roof's from Tampa, Fl., all the way up to Milford, Ct.
Too often, "smoke free" rooms smell like stale smoke...but not here. My room was clean with no bad odors. Everything worked well, and the bed was comfortable. Aside from a slightly noisy AC unit, I'd say overall, it was excellent...especially considering the budget price!
Marsha, Gerda and Clarissa were also the best...recommending great places to eat, and helping out with bottles of spring water and some needed stuff in the evening! You could tell that the staff here really cares!
I would definitely recommend this Inn and will visit again when back in NJ.

2 Thank Thomas B
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear Thomas B,

Thank you for taking the time to notice the efforts of our staff here at the Parsippany Red Roof Inn. Marsha, Guerda and Carisa are a wonderful asset to our team, they always do their best to make all of our guests feel signifigant, delighted, and important. Your comments as well as all the other ones recieved, give my staff the motivation to work harder and make sure that all of our guests have the same experience as you. Thank you again and I will surly post this review for all of my staff to see.

Daniel Gutierrez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Let me start by saying that I have never had to leave a motel/hotel earlier than expected due to poor conditions, until this red roof inn. The smell was so unbearable (moldy-musky-smoky smell with perfume trying to cover it up) that I asked to switch rooms. Staff was accommodating and allowed us to switch but the second room was not much better. We slept with the door cracked open to let the room breathe and checked out the following morning to spend the next 3 nights at a much better smelling location with reasonable rates. Highly recommend avoiding this place if you have a nose.

• Stayed September 2013
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear nousernameforyou,

I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Parsippany Red Roof Inn,
and I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We do try our hardest to provide each guest with a clean and comfortable room with the best quality for the price.

Our helpful and friendly staff are always willing and eager to help our guests and we have made some recent improvements at the hotel to improve any odor issues so we can continue to provide exceptional quality to all of our guests.

We hope that you will give us another try in the future.
Thank you for your comments as we do strive to improve our hotel and make it better each day for all of our guests.

North Wales, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I needed a last minute place to stay and I had no expectation of these types of places, I use them for sleep and sleep only, in and out and Thank you Maam.. but this time I had a cigarette burn in my sheets, but this is a non smoking room and someone had 2 dogs that barked until around 10:00pm.. I guess someone else complained because all of the sudden the barking stopped..

That is all

Room Tip: Get a room in the back building away from the highway noise
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Dear Eddie F,

Thank you for you review, We always encourage our guests to tell us about their stay, to show where we need to work harder and how well we are doing as a whole. We will only get better when guests like yourself let us know where we need to show improvement. I will share your comments with my housekeeping staff to show them where it is needed.

Thank you again; and we look forward to seeing you when you are back in the Parsippany area for business.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Here is your hotel! This was our second year to spend several days here. Close to major highways, yet plenty of grassy areas for dog walking. Everything you need from stores along Rte 46. Staff were friendly and helpful. Clean and well maintained. We had a micro fridge which made for economical meals. Drive time to Mountainside, N J on Rte. 22 was just 30 minutes on
most days!

Dear MononGirl1952,

Thank you for taking the time to notice the efforts of our staff here at the Parsippany Red Roof Inn. Your comments as well as all others give my staff the motivation to work harder and make sure that all of our guests have the same experience as you have. Thank you again and I will surly post this review for all of my staff to see.

New Jersey
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I was surprised with this hotel. I was weary because the rates were pretty low and thought it might be a little run down. The room was large, nice, and clean. There is no refrigerator or microwave, but the room did have a safe.

Dear Dee D,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay here at the Parsippany Red Roof Inn. We strive to make sure that every guest has a positive experience. We do offer many room types to fill all of our guests needs and three room types do come with microwave and refrigerators which are the Handicap Accessable Rooms, Deluxe 2 Full Bed Rooms and the Superior King Rooms.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I was quite impressed with this particular Red Roof Inn. The rooms were modern and very clean and the beds were comfortable. The service from the clerk, both on the phone and in person was very good. This is a super choice for staying close to NYC.

1 Thank raizen
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Dear Razien,
I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful it is that you have taken the time to notice the efforts of our staff here at the Parsippany Red Roof Inn. Your comments as well as all others give my staff the motivation to work harder and make sure that all of our guests have the same experience as you have. Thank you again and I will surly post this review for all of my staff to see.

PALM BEACH GARDENS
Reviewed 8 August 2013

This part of NJ is a bustling center for business, and vacation travelers. As a result the hotel room rates have steadily gone up. I was looking for a decent place to stay for 2 nights, without going broke. This Red Roof had decent reviews, so we gave it a shot. It's pretty bare bones...no refrigerator or microwave, but the room did have a safe, not especially useful, in my opinion...and if used it'll cost another $1.50. There is no pretense at a free breakfast either. The room was large, the check-in efficient, and the room clean, except for the black hairs on the bathroom floor. This grossed out my wife...I was less upset, figuring I'd add my own before long. Seriously, however the housekeeping is not their strength. They ballyhoo the free internet, but it barely worked in our room.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the office are likely to have better internet connectivity.
2 Thank ROGER M
Dear Roger M ,

Thank you for you review, We always encourage our guests to tell us about their stays, to show where we need work harder and how well we are doing as a whole.Your comments are a great feed back and I am happy for your response, as we will only get better when guests like yourself let us know where we need to show improvement. I will share your comments with my Housekeeping staff to show them where it is needed. We will only get better and have already started this process which includes updating many of our room amenities, so far we have installed flat screen televisions, hair dryers, iron and ironing boards, and new bedding in all of our rooms. Later this year we will under go a complete renovation that will only offer many more new and exciting features as well.