“Not Happy”

Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
New Jersey
“Not Happy”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

book the room from Priceline, paid higher price, checked in on Sunday evening for 5 days, Priceline website said, there will be Breakfast and at the front desk said no breakfast. They did not care who we are and were we come from. I do travel a lot this is the worst experience. Booked with Priceline so, I am stuck. I don't suggest this to anyone.....

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Chuck T,

I am sorry for any misleading information that you came across during your booking. We continually check all 3rd Party websites for any and all information issues.
After reading your post; I took the liberty to check the Priceline website and have found no mention of any breakfast. All the information is correct for our Parsippany, NJ location.

Although we are only one of many Red Roof Inns that do not offer a complimentary breakfast we do have many others that offer a grab and go or continental breakfast.

We always recommend that you book with Redroof.com or by calling 1-800-redroof, as we will always supply the most current, accurate, and up to date information on our site. We also offer many other incentives such as our redicard program which offers points for free night stays, complimentary bottles of water and additional discounts that are not available on any 3rd party site.

Daniel Gutierrez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Before checking in this hotel we went to couple of hotels which were international brand names. However what adds a value to the brand is the people who work there. The moment we walked into the hotel Marsha was so helpful and had a positive attitude, smiling. I can definitely say that Marsha was the most important reason in our decision to stay in Red Roof Inn. And also the housekeeping was so hardworking. One day we didn't wanted to be disturbed (put a dnd card to the door ) so they couldn't come in to the room and clean it. However to make sure they called our room and asked if we wanted a housekeeping for the day. So I can say that in Red Roof inn hygiene is important!!! It was snowing when we stayed there and they even specifically helped us clean the snow by our car tires. I'd like to thank all of the employees who made our staying a lot comfortable and memorable.

• Stayed February 2014
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear GisemFB,

Thank you for your kind words about our Parsippany Red Roof Inn location. I must agree with you that we do have a wonderful staff at our location. All of our staff has the ability to make our guests feel as though they are family and they never forget a face or name. We always strive to make sure that our guests have the best experience possible, as we say something to "WOW" about.
I thank you again and I will be sure to share your comments with Marsha and my whole staff for that matter so they can see that their efforts are being noticed.

We look forward to seeing you on your next venture in the Parsippany area

Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Simple, functional, very clean. Front desk person very nice. Comfortable beds, surprisingly quiet. Nice big TV, microwave and mini-fridge. Optional safe for valuables. They did advertise "coffee in the room" but there wasn't any. They need to go one way or the other. I'd come back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Narrpalho,

Thank you for the great response it is guests like yourself that show us we are doing a great job! I do want to point out one thing; from what I read I do believe that you stayed in one of our Double Deluxe Rooms. The only room at this time that offers In-room Coffee and Tea are our Superior King Rooms. In the not so far future this too will be a standard amenity in our Double Deluxe rooms as well. We always offer coffee and tea in our lobby 24 hours a day for our guests.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future when your in town.

Matawan, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

I was Very happy with my stay at this hotel. Considering the price I paid, I was happy, satisfied & comfortable. It was clean & bed was comfortable. I would recommend & stay at Red Roof again.

Impressed customer.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Anthony C,

Thank you for noticing our efforts. We strive everyday to give all of our guests the same experience as you have. We see our guests as an extension of our family and we want to make sure that all of you are delighted in your stay. Which in return will make you want to come back and see us time and time again.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 January 2014

This was my second time using red roof inn, and the the second time was better than the first (one from Anaheim). Red roof inn always has one of the most competitive price, and the room that I had was clean and organized. It has a good size flat screen TV, and no stains or rust was found in the bathroom or the counter sink, which was my problem at the one at Anaheim. I really had no complain about this inn, and it's a good option for someone who is only looking for a place to sleep.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear MichaelChan0727 ,

Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone. We strive to keep each room clean and comfortable for all of our guests. We have a great staff that does a wonderful job of cleaning and maintaining the quality of our hotel. The Front Desk staff is also very friendly and knowledgeable and willing to help each guest as best as possible.
We appreciate your business and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to your next stay with us when you in town.

Tionesta, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Older hotel, not a nice as other Red Roof Inns we've stayed in. Average, not great not terrible. Had a Deluxe Double room, three adults and one medium dog. Room was small; had a iron board and iron, microwave, frig, and safe. But no coffee pot in the room. Beds were not comfortable. Found a piece of previous pretzel and food wrappers under the bed. Could have been vacuumed better. But the carpet seemed clean and so did the bathroom. Shower was decent. If we come this way again, we will probably try a different hotel even tho others charge a pet fee. Lots of places to eat and shop at- downfall is, in New Jersey you can't just cross traffic; you have to drive to get to a U-turn area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear Tina E,

As you have stated we are an older Red Roof Inn and we are slated for a complete renovation later this year. As a company we usually schedule a renovation every 7 to 10 years and our last one was 8 years ago. Many of the new features have been updated thus far, such as brand new flat screen televisions, all new Sealy Posturepedic Mattresses, iron and ironing boards, and hair dryers in all of our rooms. We do offer 24 hour coffee in our lobby for all of our guests, Currently we only offer in room coffee in our Superior King Rooms but I am happy to say that soon we will offer in room coffee in our Deluxe 2 Full Bedrooms as well. It is just another way that we will be improving our hotel for all of our guests. So give us another try and soon you will see the new Red Roof and always remember Red Roof is where your pet always stays for free.

Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 27 December 2013

This is a motel, not a hotel. All rooms are from the outside. I was given a 2nd floor smoking room. I asked if could have a 1st floor as I have Fibromyalgia which means chronic back pain. Also, I am an ex-smoker and really do not like the smell of old smoke. When I explained this to Will who was the front desk clerk he said there was nothing he could do in spite of the fact that there WERE other rooms available. He said because I booked thru hotels.com the computer could not allow me to move (unless I payed for a second room - I would sooner have gone elsewhere, anywhere....) He was also showed NO SYMPATHY for my distress after i spent the last 8 hours in car driving from South Virginia. Furthermore it was Christmas Eve, but still he felt no idea to be accommodating. I was clearly very upset and Will showed no kindness or care. So basically, it's ugly, the room took about an hour for the heat to kick in,(temp was in the high 20s) Will was unkind, the soda in the vending machine is $2.50, the tv had 7 stations (in total) and due to the smokey air it was dirty and I felt like I was at a place where couples come for one or two hours. My husband was not with me and begged me to leave telling me just lose the money but my back ached so at that point I did not feel safe getting back in the car and it was just for 2 night.. GO ELSEWHERE! ANd to the Red Roof Inn, due to the number of people who are out of work...you will have NO PROBLEM finding someone with better customer service skills than will!

Room Tip: My tip is don't stay here.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Elizabeth C
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Elizabeth c,

I am sorry that your stay was not as expected. But Wil was correct; we are unable to make any changes to any Merchant Model or Online 3rd Party Vendor which as you stated was Hotels.com.
The only thing that can be done is book you a new room and you would have to cancel your reservation with the vendor to get your refund, as they are the ones that have taken your credit card information and we receive theirs in return for billing.
If you had booked with Red Roof Inn directly by calling 1-800-Red Roof or through Red Roof.com we would have been able to change any room to your liking and have been able to better accommodate you.
You also stated that we are a motel and not a hotel and only offer 8 television stations, but I wanted to clear up the misconception. We are in fact an Economy Hotel which offers a great stay for a great price and we have 28 channels from HBO, Sports, News, and many of the major Stations for free, plus pay per view options for our guests.
When you do ask for a first floor room we will always do our best to accommodate. But keep in mind we offer 11 different room types and only a few of each are on the first floor, thus the reason why we can only offer all preferences as requests and never a guarantee.
In the future please make sure that you look over your confirmation that you receive from the vendor that you book with or call the hotel directly to make sure that what your booking is correct, this will save a lot of issues and will guarantee no surprises when you come to check in.