“Will be back if they fix the internet.”

Red Roof Inn Parsippany
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Ligonier
“Will be back if they fix the internet.”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was a VERY nice place with friendly staff and GOD AWFUL internet. Typical for Red Roof Chain. We stay on business and NEED working internet. Did get it to work ok after I spent an obscene amount of time on phone with provider. I meant what I said, would love to stay here again, but only if they get this fixed.

Room Tip: If wifi is important to you, ask if theirs is good and ask to be put near the router. A lot of the p...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank horizontransport
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear horizontransport,

I understand your frustration when it comes to a strong WiFi signal. Our internet here as with many of our other locations is a work in progress and we have many great minds working on a resolution. It is with great confidence that we will get a stronger and more reliable connection for all of our guests in the near future. As you stated; rooms closer to the routers which are located in the center and ends of our buildings are the best for any guest that needs a strong working internet connection. I preferably offer any guest with a WiFi need, rooms on the second floor as there is less of an obstruction for the connection. Anyone with an issue can always call the Internet provider to trouble shoot any issues 24/7, to get you up and running. Some of the most common issues we have found were: Firewalls being set to high or guests walking away from their computer for more than 10 minutes which will automatically disconnect you from the server if not in use.

We do appreciate your stay with us and hope to see you again in the near future

Daniel Gutierrez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Arabic first
Fort Washington
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

This is my second review...
My first review was complimentary and positive...
Not this time...
I have had a "Redi Card" and frequented this particular hotel quite often.. Due to a very long commute to work, this was a "go to" stay over for me.. Stayed here many times and recently booked a "Nicest Price" room .. When I got to the Hotel I wa told that my Reservation was cancelled.. Meanwhile, I had a confirmation number, quoted low price etc. and the desk clerk (even though they had rooms available) could give me a room but "at the highest" price because I was basically a "walk in".. No flexibility on price.. No consideration.. Nothing.. I even called their customer service 800 number and was put on hold so long I ended up hanging up..

Goodbye Red Roof.. I am in the process of canceling my "Red Roof Memebership Card" and removing all my data from the system.. You just lost a loyal customer..

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Lefty-BassPlayer,

I am sorry to hear that your booking was cancelled and you wish to leave us and the Redicard Program. We value all of our guests' Redicard Members and new patrons alike and we will always provide the best stay at the best price. With the information that you have provided in your posting which does not give me much to work with; but you did state that you had booked the "The Nicest Price" rate. This would be an advanced purchase, which does state on the RedRoof.com website under Terms and Conditions that:

"The Nicest Price™ rate is designated for our RediCard members. Full payment in advance is required for this reservation. RediCard® membership will be validated at check-in. No credits or refunds for early departures, cancellations, no shows, or changes in your reservation will be made."

So the only reason I can see as to why we would have cancelled your reservation, is if you gave us a credit card that was not able to be charged or a form of payment was not made in advance as stated above. Keep in mind a courtesy call would have been made if a valid phone number was provided as well so we would not have to cancel the reservation.

"The Nicest Price" rate is only available through RedRoof.com for our Redicard Members and cannot be made, adjusted, or applied at any Inn. Thus the reason the Front Desk could not make any adjustments at check in.

Again; I do not have the complete details but from what information you have provided this is what I have ascertained as the issue. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to call me at 973-334-3737 and provide me your name so I can pull up the exact details in our system. If for any reason we can see it was an error on our part we will be happy to offer you a fee night stay to be used at any one of or 300 plus locations.

Exton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I spent two nights at this Red Roof Inn and had no complaints. It was a quality room for the price I paid. The maid made me go to the front desk for an extra towel but I guess that's their policy. Within walking distance of a wine/liquor store and dim sum place. Tons of stuff in driving distance. Great delivery nearby too.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Liz S,

I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful it is that you have taken the time to respond about our Inn. Here at the Parsippany Red Roof Inn; we continue to do our very best to offer the most incredible experience possible for all who come to visit. The best thing is, we are only going to get better. In the not so far future, we will be adding many more new and exciting elements to our Inn. Such as a whole new color scheme on the inside and out of our buildings, as well as updating many of our room features such as new laminate floors, Vessel Sinks, and Lighting, which many of our guests have suggested. The most incredible thing is the list goes on, so tell your friends, family, and coworkers.

We look forward to your next visit at the Parsippany Red Roof Inn.

Hythe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

It was superbowl weekend and all of the hotel prices had rocketed - so I ended up a little off my usual hotel track.

I had low expectations but this place was better than I thought. On first arriving - it looks like a location set for a shady 'Burn Notice', second rate motel next to a freeway but without the florida sun. Despite looking like a crime scene - once you get in the room you could believe you were in a better place. Only on stepping out of the room do you get the sense of 'yikes'

I had some colleagues also staying. Their room was not so well located - on the ground floor near the freeway. My advice is stay here if needs must for your budget - it really is ok. If you can spring for more - do.

Room Tip: Second floor away from the freeway.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear RDM-UK,

First of f I would like to thank you for commenting about our hotel and I must agree that during the winter months our hotel does lose some of its charm. As you stated the interior has all the comforts of home such as new bedding, flat screen TV's and some rooms even with micro/ fridges. The best part is that we are going to be getting a complete renovation that will enhance our exterior as well as our interior.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 June 2014

As an avid traveler I look for a few very basic things: clean comfortable room in reasonable proximity to where I need to be, friendly service, and my dog is allowed. I look for friendly service in a good location. This hotel is all of those things. I was immediately greeted by the incredible Marcia who gave me a good idea of what was around here and got me checked in quickly. She is so welcoming & after reading other reviews mentioning how well other travelers were treated by her & Dan I decided to come here. There's a ton of restaurants & places to shop. Close to major highways. Park & ride just up the street for those wanting to go to NYC. Pets stay free. Rooms are very quiet & comfortable. It was nice seeing families hanging out and playing a bean bag toss game. A very nice environment. I've traveled a good bit and the service is top notch. There's coffee available in the lobby 24/7, a Chinese buffet restaurant in the same plaza. Beds are comfortable. Nice large screen tv with a lot of channels! There is no breakfast here but Dunkin and IHOP are close by (3 minute drive with traffic). I will be making this a permanent stop when I've got to be in north Jersey. Thank you Marcia, Dan, and the wonderful staff for a fantastic first stay. So pleased I booked an additional night.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank BubbaSmiley
Dear Bubba Smiley,

Thank you for your kind words about our Parsippany Red Roof Inn location. I must agree with you that Marsha is a wonderful employee and asset to our location. She has the ability to make all of our guests feel as though they are family and never forgets a face or name making you always feel welcome. I encourage all my staff to be friendly to our guests and make sure that they have the best experiences possible. I will be sure to share your comments with Marsha and post your review for all my other staff to see and make them aware that their efforts are being noticed.

We look forward to seeing you in the near future

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My boyfriend & I recently stayed here for one night. We booked through hotels.com. We were driving from Toronto and decided to spend one night here before heading to Manhattan the next day. It's your average hotel and I have no complaints. Great price and did the job. It was clean and easy check in/out. Comfortable beds and had a fridge in the room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ashley_Rose_84
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Ashley Rose 84,

Thank you for great compliments and noticing our efforts. We strive each and everyday to give all of our guests the same experience as you had. We see our guests as an extension of our family and we want to make sure that all of you are delighted with your stay. Which in return will make you want to come back and see us time and time again.
Always remember; you can book your rooms through Redroof.com or buy calling 1-800 Red Roof and we will always guarantee the same price as you would have with any 3rd Party Sites. The ease booking with us and the fact that you are speaking to a representative of our brand makes it that much more personal, not to mention the ability to change your dates and room types with the stroke of a key is one of the factors for using Redroof.com or by calling 1-800 Red Roof.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Clifton, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed at the Parsippany Red Roof for a week last week and had mixed coments. The location is fine but there was a bit of an attitude when I was doing the weekly rate from the front desk. She was abrupt and snippy in ref to the 'agreement'. Rather than make me feel welcome and paying for a week she was much more focused on talking to me like a child and stating that I would not get a refund if I left early. Gee,,,that made me feel welcome! Upon arrival there was some construction work going on and she asked where would you like our room. i said away from the noise and work.The 2nd day the work began right outside and above my room. i questioned it and didnt get a satisfactory response from the manager,. there was a section of the Inn that they never worked on and i should have been paced there sicne I was there for a week. Just no courtesy for the long term customer. Also, on day 6 & 7 they had Apollo cleaning co doing the carpets which was fine. My issue was that the contracted guys, outside my room, said, "we have a problem with this room", pointing to mine, because I was still there and they wanted to get to my carpet. Again, why didnt the fornt desk schedule accordingly per the work they had going on there. Otherwise the rooms were fine, but there were some long hairs in the athroom: obviously housekeeping didnt do a perfect job in cleaning. I needed another 4 days and had mentioned it to the manager but no positive help or response, so i went to another motel. Just very indifferent to issues at this property.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Joseph S.,

As per our company policy it is the Front Desk GSR's job to explain the weekly agreement in detail so as to make sure all guests understand that for the guaranteed low rate we only accept full payment at check in and if you wish to leave early then you will forfeit any and all remaining funds for the duration of your stay.

You stated in your email " I plan on staying and was going to extend my stay by 4 days" if you wanted to extend it would have been your responsibility to just confirm the extension and any one from the front desk or I would have been happy to do so.

I am sorry for the noise issues with the construction, The company here doing the work was never contained to just a part of one building, they were in fact doing work on all the buildings at different times and any attempt to try and keep guests away from the noise would be impossible.

They started work with Building A and went to building B which is where you are situated. It is a completely unfortunate thing to have any of my guests disturbed at any time, but the steel replacement and concrete construction was needed and was scheduled by our corporate office for the safety of all our guests.

As we had done for all guests during the construction had started; was any guest with an issue we would have kindly moved you to the other building so you will not be disturbed. The only issue is was that any guests staying here for a weekly stay it would be difficult to keep you in a quiet location without moving you 2 or 3 times during the stay. As I pointed out in the email mail back to you. Building A had most of the construction done so any noise should have been kept to a minimum, but please keep in mind we could not guarantee they would not need be fixing something there last minute, The construction crew worked from 9AM to 5PM and we also were offering anyone that wishes to leave and find other accommodations we would have gladly let any guest out of their weekly stays.

Again, sorry for any inconvenience