“Safe location, modest but priced accordinghly”

Red Roof Inn Parsippany
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Cheap, but yet located in the very safe area of New Jersey, about 1.5 drive to Manhattan, very inconvenient if you need to drive to New York for whatever reason. However if you don't , the area has a lot of restaurants to different tastes. Hotel is very modest, but as mentioned in other reviews - functional and is " good enough" to travel on budget and with pets.
If not for my needs to travel to Brooklyn, I would stay there again if considering budget and safety + pets as the main factors.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Honestly501,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. As you stated we are a modest hotel at a great price and the leader in the Economy Hotel segment. Many of our guests take advantage of our Inn due to the proximity to New York City and the great price point.

Our hotel is on the brink of a renovation that will change our modest look to a more sleek and sophisticated style, with laminate flooring, new paint inside and out as well as upgrades to our upholstery.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay with us at the Parsippany Red Roof Inn

Cordially,

Reviewed 27 July 2014

The Red Roof Inn in Parsippany is exactly what you would expect from a cheap stay: clean, simple, functional. The modernly equipped standard rooms have 2 twin beds, a big flatscreen tv and an (verly loud) air conditioning unit. Unfortunately only the more expensive King rooms also have a refrigerator and microwave.
The only real annoyance is the (free) wifi. Sometime it connects, sometimes it doesn't.
Over all good value for money and one of the better cheap options on route 46 in Parsippany. If they would offer breakfast (free coffee is available at the reception), the rating would even be better.

Room Tip: Our room was in the second building in the back.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Raskolnikow,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We do offer many different options for our travelers and as you stated our standard 2 Full bed is one of our best economic choices. As you can see I have corrected part of your statement to 2 Full Beds as we do not offer twin beds or even cots at our location. We do offer the Superior King Room with In room coffee and tea, and I am happy to say we will also offer the in room coffee and tea in our 2 Full bed deluxe rooms as well. which will give our guests another option for their stays.

As I have pointed out in the past; our WiFi is rated the best in service by Yahoo travel and many of the common issues we have is guests either have a firewall set to high or they leave the computer unattended for more than 10 minutes which will automatically close the connection.

Sincerely

Reviewed 25 July 2014

There's absolutely nothing exciting, interesting, or memorable about this place, but it's not bad. Really, if you look up "motor lodge" in the dictionary, there's probably a picture of this place--the place is completely generic. Hence, I don't have a lot to say about it, other than that it seemed clean enough, the a/c and other mechanicals worked OK, and the furnishings were boring but functional. The price was much lower than the other area places we checked. The area was kinda sad looking and maybe a tiny bit sketchy, though it has nearby conveniences such as similarly generic restaurants and a large, decent supermarket. Some of the other guests were the type that liked to shout at each other across the parking lot (let's face it, this isn't the type of place that draws an upper-crust, Bentley-driving clientele!), which wasn't particularly restful, and the parking lot was pretty packed, which forced us to park clear on the other side of the place from our room and drag our bags a long ways from our car. As another recent reviewer complained about, they seem to have only one ice machine for the entire (rather large) place, and when I used it I managed to collect only about a half-dozen little semi-melted ice cubes before the thing completely ran out if ice. The wi-fi signal was decent, on the plus side.

If you're looking for a completely generic and unmemorable budget motel at a decent price, this is your place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear cyberluddite,

Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn Parsippany. As you stated we are currently a no frills hotel with a great stay at a great price. Many of the chains nowadays offer may more amenities such a pools, hot breakfast, jacuzzi tubs, and more. But as the leader in the Economy Segment we have asked all of our guests; what are the most important amenities that they would like to see? and although we couldn't do all of the suggestions; without raising our fantastic price point. Many of them we were able to do, such as new bedding, flat screen televisions, HD channels, and new and improved WiFi.

The best part of it all, is as a company we are in the process of extensive renovations and soon all of our Inns including us, will have a sleek new look inside and out. We have also introduced the PLUS property which offers many more comforts from home.

I thank you again for your comments and we do look forward to you coming to stay with us again when your back in Parsippany.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The Red Roof in Parsippany is a no-frills stay, conveniently located on HWY 46, easy to get to New York City. The bed and shower was good and we parked right in front of our room. There is no breakfast and didn't try the coffee; found a starbucks a few miles away. My favorite thing was the Japanese Sushi restaurant two doors west and watching the fireflies outside.

Room Tip: there's a little noise from the highway at rear of hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Stephen B,

I want to thank you for your response. I cannot say it better than you. "WE" are a good hotel at a great price and only getting better. Although we are a no frills establishment, we are rated #1 for the economy segment of hotels and we have quite a few amenities that are not offered at other chains, such as updated WiFi which is rated as a leader in Yahoo Travel. New Flat screen Televisions, and brand new Sealy Posturpedic Bedding to name a few. We are also on the verge of a complete renovation which will offer a sleek new modern look and even more amenities for our guests.

Again; I thank you for the review and we look forward to seeing you again when your back in Parsippany.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Most of my issue with this hotel had to do with the staff. As far as cleanliness, this Red Roof Inn should be demoted to a lower-end Motel 6 (no disrespect to Motel 6, which I would have preferred over this location.) dingy carpet, and musty smell. A/C worked but it's right next to the bed, so if you want cool air it's in your face all night.

My issue with the staff began immediately upon arrival at about 10:30pm. The clerk was on her cell phone, and continued on with her call, while asking me for my reservation name, license and credit card, all still while on her cell. After I finally broke in to confirm my actual rate, she took a moment to explain to her call that she was going to have to call her back.

After finally getting checked in, along with my free bottle of warm water for being a redi-card member, I decided to made the journey that seemed like a city block from the far back building to the ice machine next to the lobby. Of course, the ice machine did not work. I walked into the office to ask if there was another machine (of course not) and was told 'guess there's no ice then.' That bottle of warm water sure hit the spot! Thanks!

Upon leaving the next morning, I was met by a creepy maintenance guy who confronted me about trash that was left under my van (by someone else). He had an attitude and there were words - initiated by him, and escalated into profanity. This is the first time I've ever reported a motel for staff issues. I certainly did not feel welcome, and will never return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jason d
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Jason d,

I thank you for your phone call and giving me the opportunity to address the problems you had while staying with us before your post. As I stated to you; All of our guests deserve a great room at a great price with no complications what so ever, and I cannot fix what I don't know is broken. The issues at hand have been dealt with and I assure you that it is rectified.
I am always grateful that guests such as yourself give me input whether it be good or bad, as it only makes our Inn better. I share all comments with my employees to insure that we fix our problems and praise them for a job well done.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was a VERY nice place with friendly staff and GOD AWFUL internet. Typical for Red Roof Chain. We stay on business and NEED working internet. Did get it to work ok after I spent an obscene amount of time on phone with provider. I meant what I said, would love to stay here again, but only if they get this fixed.

Room Tip: If wifi is important to you, ask if theirs is good and ask to be put near the router. A lot of the p...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank horizontransport
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear horizontransport,

I understand your frustration when it comes to a strong WiFi signal. Our internet here as with many of our other locations is a work in progress and we have many great minds working on a resolution. It is with great confidence that we will get a stronger and more reliable connection for all of our guests in the near future. As you stated; rooms closer to the routers which are located in the center and ends of our buildings are the best for any guest that needs a strong working internet connection. I preferably offer any guest with a WiFi need, rooms on the second floor as there is less of an obstruction for the connection. Anyone with an issue can always call the Internet provider to trouble shoot any issues 24/7, to get you up and running. Some of the most common issues we have found were: Firewalls being set to high or guests walking away from their computer for more than 10 minutes which will automatically disconnect you from the server if not in use.

We do appreciate your stay with us and hope to see you again in the near future

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is my second review...
My first review was complimentary and positive...
Not this time...
I have had a "Redi Card" and frequented this particular hotel quite often.. Due to a very long commute to work, this was a "go to" stay over for me.. Stayed here many times and recently booked a "Nicest Price" room .. When I got to the Hotel I wa told that my Reservation was cancelled.. Meanwhile, I had a confirmation number, quoted low price etc. and the desk clerk (even though they had rooms available) could give me a room but "at the highest" price because I was basically a "walk in".. No flexibility on price.. No consideration.. Nothing.. I even called their customer service 800 number and was put on hold so long I ended up hanging up..

Goodbye Red Roof.. I am in the process of canceling my "Red Roof Memebership Card" and removing all my data from the system.. You just lost a loyal customer..

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Lefty-BassPlayer,

I am sorry to hear that your booking was cancelled and you wish to leave us and the Redicard Program. We value all of our guests' Redicard Members and new patrons alike and we will always provide the best stay at the best price. With the information that you have provided in your posting which does not give me much to work with; but you did state that you had booked the "The Nicest Price" rate. This would be an advanced purchase, which does state on the RedRoof.com website under Terms and Conditions that:

"The Nicest Price™ rate is designated for our RediCard members. Full payment in advance is required for this reservation. RediCard® membership will be validated at check-in. No credits or refunds for early departures, cancellations, no shows, or changes in your reservation will be made."

So the only reason I can see as to why we would have cancelled your reservation, is if you gave us a credit card that was not able to be charged or a form of payment was not made in advance as stated above. Keep in mind a courtesy call would have been made if a valid phone number was provided as well so we would not have to cancel the reservation.

"The Nicest Price" rate is only available through RedRoof.com for our Redicard Members and cannot be made, adjusted, or applied at any Inn. Thus the reason the Front Desk could not make any adjustments at check in.

Again; I do not have the complete details but from what information you have provided this is what I have ascertained as the issue. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to call me at 973-334-3737 and provide me your name so I can pull up the exact details in our system. If for any reason we can see it was an error on our part we will be happy to offer you a fee night stay to be used at any one of or 300 plus locations.

Daniel Gutierrez

Also consider these accommodations in or near Parsippany
Days Inn Parsippany
#4 of 16 in Parsippany
HYATT house Parsippany-East
HYATT house Parsippany-East
#3 of 16 in Parsippany

Been to Red Roof Inn Parsippany? Share your experiences!