“I have plans to go back again in September”

HYATT house Parsippany-East
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Clayton, NC
“I have plans to go back again in September”
Reviewed 13 September 2005

I am temporarily working in NJ for a few months and I found this place through the internet. I stayed there from 8/8 - 8/19 and again from 8/29 - 9/2. I found the hotel very clean and well tended and if you check-in during the early evening (5-6pm) there are cookies waiting at the front desk. The rooms are not huge but they are not small by any means. The kitchen is equipped with everything I need if I don't feel like going out for a mean - bowls, utensils, glassware, paper towels, icemaker in refrig, dishwasher, pans, pots, coffee maker, toaster, etc. The bathroom area is off the bedroom and I appreciate the built in blowdryer.

The selection of hot and cold breakfast items (included in the price I paid) is decent and they have an evening food selection from 6 to 7pm that if you are not real picky - this could be dinner. This comes with complimentary beer or glass of wine, which I have not had yet.

I have seen owners walking their dogs but I have yet to hear one barking in the hotel.

If I had something bad to say about it - it is a bit tricky to get to from the Hwy 80 interstate and I hate the TV remote control because it isn't easy to use.

• Stayed August 2005, travelled on business
1 Thank wellmad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 27 July 2005

My wife and I recently stayed at Sierra Suites and were referred there by the bride whose wedding we were attending. Firstly, they let us check in early. However, when I found out our room was a "smoking" room, I immediately requested a non-smoking room. The front desk showed me that I (somehow) requested a smoking room. Needless to say, they PROMPTLY put us into a non-smoking WITHOUT delay!! We were told about the social hour in the evening during the week. We were expecting chips, nuts, pretzels, and pop. We walked into the lounge and saw: green salad, chips, breaded chicken fingers (2 types), french fries, soda bar, 1 complimentary glass of wine or beer. Unheard of for a social hour. That being said, I couldn't WAIT for breakfast. We were told they served a hot breakfast (in my experience, that means having a working toaster for the bread). Breakfast was: bagels, french toast, toast, english muffins, scrambled eggs, bacon, fruits, and cereals. By the way, the soda bar and coffee bar were open 24hrs/day. Wanna hear about the rooms? Well, we had a lavish bed, fridge, microwave, electric stovetop, and dishwasher - all in our suite. Plus, free internet access throughout the ENTIRE hotel! The pool and jacuzzi were both clean and well-kept and we liked it. I liked the gym, even though it was small. WE had a WONDERFUL time staying there for the wedding. We will DEFINITELY stay here again, or arrange our next trip to be close to a Sierra Suites. You can't beat the value - $90/night for our rooms! Highly Recommend it

• Stayed July 2005
8 Thank rocyomama
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parsippany
Hampton Inn & Suites Parsippany/North
#6 of 16 in Parsippany
Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany
Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany
HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany

Been to HYATT house Parsippany-East? Share your experiences!