“Great Stay. Highly Recommended”

HYATT house Parsippany-East
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
NortheastPA
“Great Stay. Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2006

I've stayed at this hotel twice in the past 4 months and I couldn't recommend it more. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The beds are the best I've ever slept on in a hotel. The staff was very friendly and the woman at the desk remembered me from my last stay months earlier, even though it was only one night (this was even before she pulled up my reservaton!). They have free wireless internet in the rooms, or free computer access in a room near the lobby. It was quiet, comfortable, and relatively new. The room is well appointed with a kitchen area, which includes a good-sized refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot, etc. The social hour is a nice touch. The food is fine, nothing exciting, but not terrible. Breakfast was nice, with quite a few offerings. Don't pass this one up if you need to stay in the area. I will continue to go back. Sierra Suites won me over! Their staff deserve a gold star for service.

• Stayed January 2006, travelled on business
4 Thank WearyTravelerPA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2006

The place looks nice. Until you deal with the rude staff. We get to the room and our towels were wet. We asked for more and they sent up hand towels. "This is all we have." The worst is yet to come. We woke up in the morning with bug bites. Bug bites!! All over our legs and torso. When I went to the desk in the morning to complain, I was told the manager is out and nothing could be done without the manager. I paid the bill, left and sent a letter to the hotel. I have yet to hear back. Typical.

• Stayed November 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Bethlehem, Pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2005

My boyfriend and I stay at the Sierra Suites when we visit friends in Jersey for the weekend. We LOVE it there! the rooms are inexpensive..the beds are comfy, the kicthens come in handy, and it serves a little breakfast for the included price. You can't beat it. Although you can find cheaper rates sometimes going directly onto... ---- than using other browsers. I definetly reccomend this hotel! Staff is very friendly, once we went to check in and our room was mistaken, they placed us in a smoking room by accident. They quickly fixed their error and gave a $50 gift card for us to use again. Happy traveling!

Stayed October 2005
1 Thank Momo1220
Long Island, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2005

We stayed here when attending a wedding and were pleasantly surprised by the accomodations. Good size rooms and bathrooms that were well kept and clean. And it was nice to have a separate kitchen area with working appliances and all the necessary utensils. As we had to take part in wedding festivities we did not get to sample the evening snacks but it was nice having coffee and tea available at all hours. Breakfast was not bad but we weren't expecting anything gourmet. Cereals, yogurt, fruit and bacon and eggs that were edible at best. If you are expecting the W or Hilton this isn't for you, but if you want a comfortable and affordable mid-range hotel then check out the Sierra Suites.

• Stayed April 2005
2 Thank wackygirl
Clayton, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2005

I am temporarily working in NJ for a few months and I found this place through the internet. I stayed there from 8/8 - 8/19 and again from 8/29 - 9/2. I found the hotel very clean and well tended and if you check-in during the early evening (5-6pm) there are cookies waiting at the front desk. The rooms are not huge but they are not small by any means. The kitchen is equipped with everything I need if I don't feel like going out for a mean - bowls, utensils, glassware, paper towels, icemaker in refrig, dishwasher, pans, pots, coffee maker, toaster, etc. The bathroom area is off the bedroom and I appreciate the built in blowdryer.

The selection of hot and cold breakfast items (included in the price I paid) is decent and they have an evening food selection from 6 to 7pm that if you are not real picky - this could be dinner. This comes with complimentary beer or glass of wine, which I have not had yet.

I have seen owners walking their dogs but I have yet to hear one barking in the hotel.

If I had something bad to say about it - it is a bit tricky to get to from the Hwy 80 interstate and I hate the TV remote control because it isn't easy to use.

• Stayed August 2005, travelled on business
1 Thank wellmad
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2005

My wife and I recently stayed at Sierra Suites and were referred there by the bride whose wedding we were attending. Firstly, they let us check in early. However, when I found out our room was a "smoking" room, I immediately requested a non-smoking room. The front desk showed me that I (somehow) requested a smoking room. Needless to say, they PROMPTLY put us into a non-smoking WITHOUT delay!! We were told about the social hour in the evening during the week. We were expecting chips, nuts, pretzels, and pop. We walked into the lounge and saw: green salad, chips, breaded chicken fingers (2 types), french fries, soda bar, 1 complimentary glass of wine or beer. Unheard of for a social hour. That being said, I couldn't WAIT for breakfast. We were told they served a hot breakfast (in my experience, that means having a working toaster for the bread). Breakfast was: bagels, french toast, toast, english muffins, scrambled eggs, bacon, fruits, and cereals. By the way, the soda bar and coffee bar were open 24hrs/day. Wanna hear about the rooms? Well, we had a lavish bed, fridge, microwave, electric stovetop, and dishwasher - all in our suite. Plus, free internet access throughout the ENTIRE hotel! The pool and jacuzzi were both clean and well-kept and we liked it. I liked the gym, even though it was small. WE had a WONDERFUL time staying there for the wedding. We will DEFINITELY stay here again, or arrange our next trip to be close to a Sierra Suites. You can't beat the value - $90/night for our rooms! Highly Recommend it

• Stayed July 2005
8 Thank rocyomama
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parsippany
Hampton Inn & Suites Parsippany/North
#6 of 16 in Parsippany
Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany
Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany
HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany

Been to HYATT house Parsippany-East? Share your experiences!