Hotel is about 30 mins from Newark, and I stayed here for 2 weeks in June. Without a car though it is hard to get around, so I would recommend people to get a car if they want to go more than a few miles from here, since Taxi's are few and far between and very expensive and not always reliable (I called Parisppany taxi's and they never even turned up, and when I called back, just said, person could not come. No call , no apoligies etc). The hotel has a courtesy bus, which will take you within a few mile radius of the hotel, which means to the bus stop, and a few restaurants, supermarkets and a sears, or local offices in the area. There is also a small shop, where you can buy basic items and food. THere is a chinese and Italian takeaway place they have menus for , which will deliver to your room. Can highly recommend the chinese takeway.
Breakfast is included in the price aswell but quite basic,and evening there are some small snacks on offer, which can do you, if you dont mind a simple dinner.
Also there is a laundry where you can buy the detergeant ($2), and the washing machine and dryer cost $2 each. There is also a small gym with a Tv in there.
Room: I had a 1 bedroom suite, which was a large Room, with sep bedroom. I also was lucky enough to have a large screen TV, which I did not see in the other rooms. All have DVD player, tv in the bedrom, kitchen with stove, pots, pans, cutlery, microwave, fridge/freezer, glasses etc. Bathroom ammentities are shampoo, soap and body crea,. Also all rooms have free internet connection (which was fast).
Liked my room with the great large TV (though I dont think all had tihs big TV), dvd player and the easy to use free internet acess. I chose this hotel due to having the Laundry room. Room was very quiet.
- Did not refill my shampoo, body cream each day. Ended up having to take it off the carts when I ran out. After a week I complained, and then I started getting it again. And on one day, did not give me any bath towel or bath mat.
- On first day, bed had some hairs from someone else (ie different colour to my hair colour!), also got some bites. Not sure what it was though, but other nights, no bites.
- Unles you have a car you are quite limited due to the location, and the courtesy bus is good if you can actually get it. found it is usually not available at the time in the morning you might want it, never available over lunch early afternoon, and in afternoon around 5-7 almost impossible to get, since it is promised morning and evening to permanent indian guest to shuttle them to work (so bad luck for other guests if you need to go out that time). After 7 till 8:30pm usually not a problem
- Staff are ok, with some much better than others. On One day I asked for the courtesy bus to take me to the bus stop over lunch, and they said they would look for a driver and get back to me right away. After 40 mins , no response so I called back. Then had someone else, who said they would look and get right back to me.. After another 15 mins no resp, so I have up. If they dont have a driver, fine, but would be polite to let me know.
Overall I have stayed here a few times, and I dont mind it here, and probably this stay was the worse from 'service' point of view. With that said, I would stay again, but if you are looking for a 5 star place / service look elsewhere (possibly Sheraton next door., though I have not stayed there).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Parsippany Hotel Sierra delivers a fresh take on modern day travel thru intelligent design, stress-free service and free-flowing amenities. Its 140 smartly designed suites feature flat panel TVs, MP3 docking stations and waffle terry bathrobes while free details include breakfast with made-to-order omelets, Starbucks brewed coffee, WI-FI throughout and an evening bistro boasting wine, beer and appetizers. Just 20 miles west of the Meadowlands and with easy access to Interstates 80 and 287, day trips to NYC are a snap. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo and Hyatt Hotels Corporation so you can book your HYATT house Parsippany-East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.