“Felt like Family, home away from home.”

Sonesta ES Suites Parsippany
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We were extremely impressed with this hotel. We were here for 2 1/2 months during my husband's summer internship.

There was some mix-up in the beginning from what our business had booked and the hotel showed (studio vs a 2 bedroom suite), but the staff gave us a room with a hide-a-bed for our kids and when it was sorted out helped to move us to the 2 bedroom suite.

We were in a suite right next to the elevator. I could occasionally hear the "bong" but it did not keep me, my husband, or any of our 3 kids awake.

The staff here is EXCEPTIONAL! Made us feel welcome and were so nice to my kids (5, 3, and 1month old). They became family. We took pictures with them and my kids drew pictures for them. Very kind.

The only complaint I had I didn't make. I assume the man was from corporate because I only saw him 3 times throughout our stay and he definetly wasn't the manger (whom was great) and was never at the front desk. He was extremely rude to my children and me. They were getting their wiggles out in the common room downstairs because it was raining and we didn't have another place to go as they were cleaning our room. He was very stern to them about not running and getting in the way. This was about 3 pm when the hotel is usually dead, most guests at work. And my children are 5 and 3 years old and I was right there. I just think he could have talked to me and not yelled at my children and made them cry. I was never impressed with him but since I didn't have to deal with him besides that, it wasn't horrible.

We had problems with our door's card reader. Sam replaced it the next day while we were out so that the noise would not bother us. They were very prompt to answer phones, give messages, replace light bulb, bring needed items to rooms, etc.

The housekeeping is wonderful. There is lite housekeeping daily (trash, towels, make beds etc). They worked well with scheduling our weekly full cleaning since I wanted to make sure I could have the kids out of the suite.

Kitchen staff is very friendly and helpful. Great choice and options that were nice where we were there so long. We were able to make it to dinner on several occasions from our breakfast. We also loved their reception (Tues-Thurs). They do have about 7-8 different things that they run through there so occasionally we did not attend the reception.

The kitchen makes it easy. I did miss an oven, but only because this was an extended stay. They also have take-out menus for local places. Every time we ordered out it came really fast because the location is great.

It is right off I-80 and HWY 202. Very close to HWY 446 and I-287. You did have to drive about 10-15 minutes for supermarket, pharmacy, Wal-mart etc. but it wasn't too bad.

My kids loved the swimming pool and they are great to bring you towels if they are out. We loved having the free laundry services. A couple times a washer or dryer would have a sign that they weren't working but there are 4 sets and the broken one was always repaired very fast.

We used the free wi-fi all the time. It worked flawlessly (my husband was able to do his online gaming without any lag at all). The business center was nice to print out directions (since we had no GPS) or occasional coloring pages for my kids.

OVERALL: Great stay, great staff, we would love to visit again!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank BrindiR

Reviewed 6 July 2011

A newer build, well-equiped rooms, especially if you are in a 1-bedroom suite, as many of the other rooms are studio suites.

The staff are happy, helpful and good natured, especially Joe who is an utter professional and does a fabulous job, thank you Joe!

Breakfast is good, as is their' sundowner' evenings of complimentary beer, wine and snack food. A good place to stay, well done Staybridge Team.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Rillo
Reviewed 2 February 2011

Customer service at this hotel is horrible. Gym is tiny and has old equipment. Non-smoking room smelled of smoke.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank ABCDEFGS
Reviewed 26 October 2010

........A bad experience...............I used the option "name you own price" on priceline, and the "Staybridge Suites Parsippany" accepted my offer, and I had choosed the option for a room for two people. Surprisingly when I arrived, I realized that the hotel accepted my offer without having any room available for two people with 2 beds.
I Spoke with the front desk guy, and he said he can't do anything about it, "all rooms are booked", and the manager wasn't there to approve the cancelation of the priceline reservation. So I called to priceline customer service, but they were unable to help me on this issue, They just don't care about .

when you booked through priceline there is nothing you can do after you use the option "name your own price". No matter what they wont help their customers if the hotel don't meet what you paid for.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Antares1976
Reviewed 12 October 2010

This hotel was easily accessible from the highway. Not much else around it though. The room was clean, comfortable and the breakfast was fabulous. The staff kept the area as tidy as possible and well stocked as there was a soccer tournament of kids 13 and under (no small feat). The front desk person was very nice and very accommodating.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank denibeck
Reviewed 20 February 2010

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel with a friend over Valentine's Day weekend. I got an amazing deal via priceline. This was my second stay here and this place is awesome. Although it's an extended stay hotel, it covers all the bases and would be good for any type of traveler.

This hotel has a lot of freebies. There's a free breakfast buffet, a free dinner reception on certain nights during the week, free wi-fi, free internet in the business center, free fountain soda and coffee anytime, free USA Today, etc. There's a swimming pool, basketball court, gym, DVD player, and cable with lots of channels.

The breakfast buffet is very good. I've paid for worse buffets. There are scrambled and hard-boiled eggs, waffles, bagels, toast, yogurt, oatmeal, fresh fruit, french toast sticks, cereal, muffins, pastries, milk, juices, and either bacon, sausage, or corned beef hash. This buffet tided us over to dinner so we didn't have to worry about lunch. And if someone were staying for an extended period of time, there's enough variety that he or she could have something different everyday.

One minor gripe about the buffet is that I couldn't find any trays. I wanted breakfast in the room, so I had to make multiple trips. It wouldn't been nice to have a tray to transport the food and drinks. Another minor gripe about the buffet this time was there was no bacon, which is my favorite food. I hate sausage and that was the breakfast meat for all 3 days. There was enough other stuff. I just wish they would've changed it up with some bacon or taylor ham-anything but sausage.

The hotel is quiet and cozy with a fireplace greeting you when coming in from the cold outside. The rooms are nice. We just had a small studio room, but the hotel offers suites with 2 bedrooms and 2 baths that are huge. They all have full kitchens with things someone might need if they wanted to cook for themselves. It was nice to have a big refridgerator to store our leftovers in and to have plates and utensils to eat with. They have menus for Baldwins (really good pizza) and TGI Fridays if you want to order in. We used the DVD player to watch a lot of movies and the free wi-fi was fast.

There were a few minor problems we had with the room. We both agreed that the pillows were bad. They're too soft and not firm at all. We also found the pullout couch to be more comfortable to than the bed because it was right next to the air vent. We slept a little better over there.

The walls were thin. We could hear a baby crying next door (which didn't bother us) and we were very loud so I'm sure they could hear us too. The hotel wasn't very busy when we were there and we wondered why they put people so close together. Selfishly it would've been nice to have a few rooms between us and others so no one had to hear us, but I'm sure it's good for cleaning purposes to have everyone together. My friend was also disturbed by the black curtain that was there for decoration and wouldn't shut because she wanted the room as dark as possible.

Check-in and checkout were a breeze and all of the staff were friendly. Free Internet in the business center was nice for printing out directions and boarding passes even though nothing ever printed out quite right. There didn't appear to be any security. Anyone could come over, walk right in, enjoy the free breakfast buffet, and do some free laundry without anybody catching them. Everytime I walked in or out there wasn't anyone at the front desk. I didn't feel unsafe. It's just something I noticed.

The hotel is located very close to I-80, but it's secluded, there's no sign for it. and you'd easily miss your turn if you didn't know where you were going. I wouldn't recommend this as a New York City destinaton hotel. It's doable either by car or train, but that commute's a killer. It might be a good hotel to go to if you just need to go to the city once or every now and then.

Despite my very minor issues with the hotel, I would strongly recommemd this place to anyone because of the aforementioned amenities. None of the problems I had were dealbreakers and I will definitely stay here again. For the price I paid I coudn't do any better. It was cheaper than lower-rated hotels that offered no amenities and offered more amenities than higher-rated, way more expensive places, so staying here was a no-brainer.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2010

Staybridge was the next best thing to home while we were renovating our house for over 4 mons. We are a family of 4 and stayed at a one bedroom. I loved that there was a separate bedroom from the living room. The entire staff, Genevieve, Mary Ellen and both Vanessa was always so friendly and accomodating in anything we needed. All the available amenities including the breakfast and dinner certainly helped out too. I was actually sad when we checked out as it felt like home.

I usually don't take the time to give my reviews on anything but I felt compelled to do so because our stay really alleviated alot of my anxiety in a very long and stressful situation. I would definitely recommend this hotel whether it be a short or long stay.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family