“Just fine for one night with a pet”

Sonesta ES Suites Parsippany
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Dennis, Massachusetts
“Just fine for one night with a pet”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We stayed as a stop over on a 10 hour trip, with a 9 year old and a dog. Cheap enough for the dog, $15.00. The rate on booking.com was $92.00. As we entered, the hallways were dingy, but most of the room as clean (greasy smears on toaster and microwave.) The toilet did not flush properly. The TV was a huge old beast but my husband was able to watch the games. He and my son used the pool. Breakfast was varied and plentiful, the dining area bright and clean. There were several dogs at the hotel. It would have been more convenient to stay on the first floor but we were on the 2nd. We ordered takeout from TGIFridays a couple of minutes away as there is no restaurant at the hotel. Some places deliver. Overall, not bad for just one night.

Room Tip: There is no "view" just parking lots.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Christopher P, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Parsippany, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts about the Sonesta ES Suites with the online travel community. Your feedback is very much appreciated and helps us create a better overall experience for our guests. I am delighted that you and your family were able to enjoy our accommodations while on your road trip. As we continue to grow our brand, we will be making improvements to our property and hope that you will have the opportunity to join us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I just happened on this hotel when looking for something between NYC and the Poconos for two nights. We were so pleasantly surprised by everything! The location on Interpace Parkway is easy. The staff, accomodations, and breakfast buffet were all great. We had to go back into NYC the next day and it was simple to go in and return. We enjoyed the historical sites in the area and the Morristown Inn for some comfort food. There is a fitness center and pool as well. Very clean, very comfortable. Just what you need when on the road away from home.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor. Nice to be away from the noise of the first. Our room looked out the bac...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I'm really not sure why the reviews are so mixed for this hotel. Though I find the hotel rates to be expensive for this area ($165 w/tax for the Sonesta), the Sonesta is a perfectly decent hotel.

Pros:

Large room with a small kitchen.
Very clean.
Quiet.
A free breakfast AND a limited free dinner.

Cons:

Only one -- The hotel management keeps the water temperature turned waaaaay down. It's impossible to take a hot shower here. I was sort of okay with just a warm shower, but others might not be happy.

Would I stay here again? Yes, but only if I got a Priceline.com rate. Again, this is a 3-star hotel that is just as good as any Hampton Inn. I just find the prices to be high in this area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Parsippany, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I did not even know this hotel was here until I searched expedia -it is located in middle of Interpace Parkway office park - very convenient for business people. Loved everything about this place - location, price, staff, accomodations, breakfast buffet - all excellent. Every single person on staff, especially Anastasia at the front desk - went out of their way to make my and my sister's stay a good one. Everyone on staff is so accomodating - so friendly and helpful. When the coffee pot at the breakfast buffet was empty, I knocked and opened the door of the adjoining kitchen - (I was waiting to get in trouble for this but I really needed coffee) - and said to the person washing dishes sorry to bother you but coffee pot is empty, who should I tell?- she smiled and said "No problem, we will take care of that right away" and they did take care of it right away. All staff smiles, says good morning, how can I help you, they were all wonderful! The rooms are so nice! The beds are super comfortable, bathrooms spotless, and these are suites so all rooms have kitchens - refrigerator, stove, dishwasher. Plus, it is pet friendly - $15 for first night, $10 for each additional night pet fee - that is awesome. There is a pet area all set up outside just off parking lot for your pup to take care of business (bags/waste container included). My sister and her 2 children were staying in an adjoining room, she told me there is a free laundry room, soap is @ $1/box - she was very happy about that. Also want to mention decor is very nice and new, gas fireplace in lobby/nice sitting area for meals-meetings/business center for boarding pass printouts/library/swimming pool. I will be back when I need to stay in this area again!!

Room Tip: only gave 4 stars on restaurant, only breakfast buffet (which is very good) but no actual restaurant...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2013 via mobile

The hotel is ideally located for business purposes, in the middle of a business park zone and in no less than 40 minutes you find yourself in Manhattan, which is almost next door to USA standards. Hotel is clean, suites are large with many power outlets, and the kitchenette with large fridge is absolutely fantastic for those evenings when the inbox waterfall needs to be addressed and you order out... Complementary laundry service, swimming pool, gym, business centre, fast wifi, large parking, 24 hour reception, ATM on site, cable & network tv, dvd player and large bathroom, all this for half the price of what Europe calls "business hotels" like Campanile etc... Sonesta is absolutely fantastic and chains in Europe should sit up and take note of what a business hotel should be!

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
maryland
Reviewed 8 April 2013

What makes this hotel good is that there is a vegan restaurant three miles away, in Denville, NJ, called Veggie Heaven. I did a full review of the restaurant on Peaceful Table. But as for the hotel, the room was clean, the bed was fairly comfortable. They do have a breakfast buffet with hot oatmeal, fruits, raw nuts and raisins, juices, etc. They will not give you a sharp knife to cut the fruits, however. I would give a higher rating if they offered soy milk or almond milk. Rooms have full size refrigerators and so you can cook in it. They also do the social events if you want a free glass of wine in the evening. TV is old and poor quality picture but fine for news and such.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Philadelphia, Pa
Reviewed 29 March 2013

The visit to this location was really more business and family related. This hotel was recommended by a friend. I'd say that this hotel is nice...clean, I guess because is ti relatively new compared with other establishments around. Close to the end my mom and aunt's stay, I had asked if it was possible to extend their stay at the price we acquired the rooms. I was told that I needed to go back to Priceline so I can get the same rate, the person then just completely ignored me and gave her attention back to the computer. They would not help me. What a shame. My family ended up staying a total of weeks at another hotel, the Extended Stay America, which came out to be less expensive. The staff at this location were cordial, but the staff at Extended Stay were nicer and more sensitive to our needs... most of all they listened and got to know my family well. I'm not so sure I'll be going back there.

Room Tip: This hotel is located further away from the main drag so one could not walk to a commercial center a...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family