“Great Value”

Sonesta ES Suites Parsippany
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Reviewed 3 September 2013

8 of us stayed in two multi BR suites for 4 days. A great experience at a great price! I would definitely stay there again. Attractive rooms with all amenities, quiet but close enough to NYC and a wedding location to be very handy.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We were pleasantly surprised... good breakfast, nice rooms, very clean, friendly staff. Will choose again, recommend to friends. The room is quite large, has a pull out couch, kitchen facilities, a full sized fridge. The TV did not have AV inputs to view input from a laptop/ipad which would have been nice.

Overall good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

Given that it's a decent hotel, our expectations were higher.
Positive sides: complimentary breakfast, internet, parking, laundry, free popcorn in the room.
Negative sides: - the tv in the room is too small and it was a CRT, really?! How many hotels still left with CRTs?
- Fitnness center was very small and was like they purchased those equipments from a garage sale.
- Laundry room is very busy, we found our dryer's door open.
- The worst part was the swimming pool. It was the dirtiest swimming pool I have ever ever ever seen.

Long story in short, it might be ok if you catch a deal.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank milkstout
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I live in NY and had a baby shower to attend in NJ on Saturday. My husband doesnt go to any function that has to deal with my family or friends. So it was my 3 lil ones ages 7,6 &3. I don't know New Jersey and can't see well when driving at night, so I decided to stay and find something to do with my children the next day. I am always the first one at party's so went the hotel,first to relax and get my monies worth. I checked I at 4 pm. Check in was quick n easy. The guy at the desk was very nice. I got a room on the first floor.
The room was clean, it was a one bedroom suite, with a love seat , desk n chair, and little kitchen area. Microwave , coffee maker n full size small fridge. The kids and I nuked the complimentary popcorn and watched tv. Oh, there are 2 TVs ,not flat screens, the old big ones, but hey why fix what's not broken.
Went to baby shower
Came back around 9 pm
Gave the kids a shower, no tub, nice sized bathroom actually, big actually
Bed was very comfy, sofabed as expected.
The room has ac , big windows, dresser, blow dryer, iron and ironing board.
The laundry was FREE cool huh
Oh and the soap in the bathroom was so nice, vegetable soap, smelled good and the shampoo and conditioner smelled just as good.
The free breakfast was ok good. Normal stuff, the big waffles, eggs, French toast sticks, coffee, OJ, AJ, yogurt, cereal, fruit etc.
Being in the first floor was good, I was able to run to breakfast buffet and make plates to bring back to the room. LOL people were looking at me like I was greedy. I let them know I had 3 lil monsters in my room and would not dare to bring them out here.
Check out was easy
Oh the pool
The pool looked dirty murky, but when I pulled a handful of it out , it was clean. It was probably the choices of tile color that gave the water an illusion of being dirty.
There was outdoor seating too with tables and umbrellas
They have a little "store" where yu can buy stuff , its way. Overpriced, I suggest , you buy what you need before you get there, especially since there is a fridges stove n microwave and dishes in the room.
Overall great place !

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Natalie M
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My husband, 4 year-old little girl, our family dog and myself stayed at Sonesta Parsippany for 5 nights at the end of May 2013. We were apartment hunting and in transition for my husband's work.
The suite was great. Nice comfy, clean it was literally like a mini 1 bedroom apartment. I liked the fact that at night my daughter could sleep in the bedroom with the door shut while my husband and I watched tv. The complimentary dinners were such a nice treat and the breakfast every morning was just as fabulous.

My daughter loved the pool and I loved the free laundry machines. :)

The staff was courteous,, professional and very helpful. The only con...I wish there were more Sonesta Suites throughout New Jersey...We had to sadly move hotels to something closer to husband's work in Bayonne.

We will definitely return to Sonesta.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank HarmonyIsle
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Stayed here four nights after flying in from Asia as part of a long trip. We took advantage of all this hotel had to offer - laundry room , lots of room to unpack and store our belongings, a very high quality breakfast, and a quiet and comfortable bedroom.

All of this for $75 a night on Hotwire made for the best travel bargain I've had over the course of the year.

There are some rough edges - strange smells in the elevators and corridors, one washing machine that wasn't working as well as the others, dingy hallway carpets and slow and noisy elevators. But none of these minor issues would keep me from recommending this place highly.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2013

My children and I stayed at the Sonesta for one night. We found it to be clean and comfortable, with mostly accommodating staff. I say mostly because on the plus side, they kindly came and unlocked the pool door for us (stuck closed and said it's been a problem). On the negative side, we asked for an additional blanket that we never got.

Check in was very smooth - fastest I've ever had. Bed was comfortable with nice linens. Breakfast was a decent buffet - much better than many in this class (hot food, nice selection of fruit, etc.). Dining area was small but clean. Pool area also small and clean; there is no hot tub and no indoor chaise lounges. The chairs are pretty uncomfortable. Lots of parking.

Regarding room amenities, the TV is old school but worked fine. Our queen studio had one vent for controlling temperature and it made the drapes billow out, so kind of a pain to use when the drapes are closed. Fridge and other kitchen items were clean.

The elevators were very clean and smell nice. There's only 2 that we could see, which causes a wait with 5 floors of rooms.

Room Tip: Priceline gave us a great deal.