“Above and beyond”

Sonesta ES Suites Parsippany
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I am pleased to share my experience with the Sonesta ES Suites Parsippany hotel! I was travelling for business for 10 days and did not want to leave. The employees are what make this hotel special and different from other hotels I've stayed with.

The Front Desk employees are knowledgeable of the area, friendly, and fulfill any requests with a sense of urgency and a "can-do" attitude. After long days of work and travel, the Front Desk always made me feel welcome and taken care of.

I was very impressed with the presentation of my room; it is clear the Housekeeping department takes pride in what they do. The room was spotless and inviting - soft sheets and plump down pillows that I wish I had at home. I had never slept so well! The room included everything I could possibly need and more - kitchen, stove tops, full refrigerator, pots/pans, toaster, work space, plenty of towels, etc. (not to mention the free high speed internet and HBO!).

Breakfast is offered each morning with a wide variety of healthy options. I had the chance to enjoy the evening socials as well which are Tues-Thurs and offer a great dinner, beer/wine, and a smiling Kitchen staff! The evening socials were a nice opportunity for me to relax and interact with other guests.

I used the hotel’s shuttle van which is offered during the week and driven by the hotel's Maintenance team. The drivers were prompt, smiling, and engaged the guests in conversation.

Lastly, I frequently saw the Management team interact with guests throughout the day to provide further assistance or to establish relationships. This is something I believe differentiates Sonesta ES Suites Parsippany from other hotels – all employees are engaged and willing to create a positive, consistently enjoyable guest experience. Needless to say I will be back again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Vanessa S, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you for making the Sonesta ES Suites Parsippany your hotel of choice. It is a pleasure to know that your experience was consistent and met your expectations. I will be sure to share your review with the rest of my team. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I am a frequent traveler and stay in a large variety of hotel chains. The Sonesta ES Suites in Parsippany NJ, by far, rates at the top on my list. No it is not the Waldorf Astoria (prestigious hotel in NY) but the staff at the Sonesta are among the most prestigious of those I have dealt with. I get to stay at the Sonesta in Parsippany frequently and realize that the entire staff conducts themselves with the same professional, courteous, kind, caring attitude that is exuded from the General Manager Chris P. On each visit I am impressed by something new. Three recent examples are ...Front Desk bubbly personality blonde girl (forgot your name so sorry) who also assists and serves drinks at the evening meal/social time brings her smile and friendly demeanor to work EVERY day, she actually remembered my birthday and went out of her way to wish me Happy Birthday on the actual day (when we were all snowed in). The ladies who keep up with the food preparation and replenishing are always looking to please and make it a point to acknowledge you with a smile and hello. Last but certainly NOT least, Chris P, the General Manager is a role model for the entire staff. He is "present" in every aspect of the hotel with the results being that the rooms are among the absolute cleanest and most comfortable (on a consistent basis), the staff who follows the lead set by Chris go out of their way to make you welcome and feel like part of the family and Chris himself is a unique manager who demonstrates by example. In a recent snow storm (that was covered by ice after the snow) Chris P was out in the parking lot clearing the snow from peoples cars, telling you to go inside stay warm and enjoy the complimentary breakfast !!! This is absolutely unheard of at other hotels where you are lucky to have a path cleared to walk to your car. I can go on with many other examples of fine service but PLEASE know you will have a great experience if you select the Sonesta ES Suites in Parsippany to stay during your next visit to Parsippany NJ. This place is truly an Excellent value for the money with the friendliest staff in town !! THANKS ALL!!! - Tony P.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Christopher P, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your experience here at the Sonesta ES Suites. Our staff is among the finest I’ve ever had a chance to work with and they take pride in what they deliver. It’s the little Everyday Surprises that our guests find most memorable and I’m glad we had a chance to make one for you. We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Thank you sonesta staff forr making my stay in parsippany for a boring work trip so great! I will be back! From the pretty Blonde bubbly manager pouring drinks (and even remembering my birthday) to the quiet put smiling and knowledage front desk agent checking me in, to the breatfast ladies that always have a smile on there faces! The hotel is very clean eventhroughout the salt continuously coming in with the snow.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone & I will be back!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for staying with us and writing about your experience. I am happy that we were able to make your trip more enjoyable and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We traveled 10 hours to see a sick relative. This hotel was well reviewed and seemed like a good value. We were not disappointed at all. The property exceeded our expectations in just about every aspect... One constructive criticism would be: update the TVs in the room... I think that would bump up my rating to a full 5 stars. Complimentary breakfast was a great value - delicious, plenty and many options... I would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: January 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Sonesta ES Suites. Sorry that you were here under such circumstances. It’s nice to hear that our staff lived up to your expectations. Next time you travel through the area, please come in to see us. We’re planning full scope renovations and every aspect of the rooms will be updated, including the TV’s.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I can't say enough nice things about this place. I'm an RCI gold member and this place was better than many of their properties I have stayed in. Bed was so soft and comfortable. Down pillows. Clean, modern bathroom area. Even nice bottles of shampoo, conditioner and body lotion.Plenty of room to move around. Pulling up the entrance and front lobby area are very inviting. It was early January and they had a nice gas fire going in the lobby. The breakfast area was large with plenty of tables. The breakfast buffet had so much. Hash, eggs, lots of fresh fruit, french toast sticks, pastry, yogurt, breads, warm corn muffins, cold cereal, hot oatmeal with toppings like raisins, nuts and cinnamon. Even strawberries and whipped cream for the waffles. It is pet friendly which I need. I am in the pet industry and many times have to travel with show dogs. I had looked at on line sites but for some reason ended up calling them instead. It was actually a lower price over the phone than posted on kayak.com. Matter of fact for how great this place was, I could not believe how cheap it was especially for a Saturday night. I travel a number of times a year and I will definitely look for this hotel chain. Can't say enough nice things about my experience there. ie needed a phone charger and the night clerk lent me his to use for the night to charge my phone! When I mentioned I had booked with a dog, he asked if I wanted to be moved to a ground floor room to make it easier. Stay here and you should not be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Sonesta ES Suites. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed the amenities we offer and I’m even more grateful that you will be looking to stay with our brand during your next travels. Please bring your dog; we just love our 4 legged friends!

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights with my husband and two children over the Thanksgiving holiday. We had the 2 king bedroom suite. Plenty of room for all of us. Kitchenette was stocked and beds were very comfortable with nice fluffy pillows. Bathrooms were very clean as was the rest of the suite. Very polite desk workers and staff in breakfast area. Breakfast was adequate with eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, fruit, yogurt, waffles, bagels, toast, cereal, oatmeal etc. Would definitely recommend this to anyone staying in the area. We can't wait to go back. This will def be our home in NJ on every trip we make from now on. Loved it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Sonesta ES Suites. The Two-Bedroom, Two-Bathroom suite is the perfect choice for families. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed our amenities and that you have your new home away from home! We look forward to having you as our guests on your next trip through New Jersey.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

the rooms were clean as well as the common areas. staff friendly and helpful. breakfast better than most.
lots of restaurants in the area. some delivered which was convenient. kitchenette well stocked.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Christopher P, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

I appreciate you taking time out of your day to share your experience with others. Thank you for the nice review. I hope you have a chance to stay with us again!