“Good business location”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Reviewed 13 June 2014

As a Hilton HHonors member, I've stayed in many Embassy Suite properties across the country. This one was just OK.

I like the openness of the lobby, the vegetation, the fountains, and the birds. Overall it was quiet, just don't get a room on the side with 287 highway, as you can hear some noise from the traffic. The rooms were spacious and the bed was comfortable. They also provided me with more than two towels. Neutrogena was the bath amenities.

The managers reception in the evening was horrible. The food was only chips and salsa. And they gave you only one drink coupon. No other appetizers. The breakfast in the morning was basic - cereal, the hot food was mushy scrambled eggs, overdone sausage. Other Embassy Suites have other hot options such as omelets or eggs done the way you like them (so they are fresh).

Connecting to the internet was a pain. I had to literally go in to my settings and delete out and start over since it wouldn't connect or give me a log in screen, as is typical for any Hilton property. And at $12 a night per device, that is kind of steep (I get a few bucks, but over $10? Really?).

The Bistecca restaurant had a small menu. The chicken sandwich I had was good, and service was decent (it better have been since there was only myself and another table of two), but quite frankly there wasn't a lot that was priced on the lower end.

As a HHonors member, I got a special card key floor and two bottles of water.

This Embassy Suites is in a good location for local businesses if you're on a business trip, and I probably will stay here again for that reason and so I can collect more Hilton points, but that's about it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the back of the hotel that faces highway 287.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Isra S, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience during the Evening Reception. Unfortunately, New Jersey state law only allows us to give one drink during the reception. However, I will be forwarding your comments to the kitchen regarding the snacks and breakfast.

I do apologize about the charge for the Internet; we do, however, offer the Business Center (open 24 hours) in which you can use our computers complimentary.

I hope you do decide to give us another try!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Lovely clean hotel with interior courtyard with fountains and plant lined walkways. Excellent food and service. Room/suite was large and spacious with all the amenities I could hope for. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you so much for your great review! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed here on a family trip for one night and the hotel is in a great location with some shopping nearby if you forgot anything on your trip. The room was quiet even with two bus loads of teenagers in the hotel. I am a HH member and like that the higher floors are reserved for members by keycard access only on one end of the hotel. We arrived later in the evening but were greeted in a timely manner and and enjoyed a good nights sleep as well as a hearty breakfast the next morning. All in all a nice place to stay and relax.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

I am glad to hear you had a relaxing vacation! We would love to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Great hotel, good breakfast, clean rooms, and helpful staff. We booked this hotel as part of a wedding block. Everything was very nice and the wedding party was extremely satisfied. The staff welcomed us when we came in. The bill was accurate when we left. The only thing that would have made things better was free WiFi which cost $13 a day. Other than that things went very well for everyone attending the wedding.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I am glad you had a pleasurable stay! I do apologize for the charge for the internet, but we do offer the Business Center (which is open 24 hours) complimentary which has access to the internet.

We hope you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stay here only when I cannot get into the Hampton Inn on Rte 46 in Parsippany. The excercise room is large and well equipped. The breakfast is your typical Embassy offering and quite good for the overall price. Many of the rooms are dated. The bar has very poor service. They close early, even if there are paying customers in the bar (closing early). The restaurant service is horrible and the food is mediocore. If you use just the gym and have breakfast then a good hotel. If you need to eat at the hotel - just don't. Stayed 2 different trips in May for a total of 5 nights. I am a Hilton Diamond so I generally get better rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for 4th or 5th floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

I am sorry that you did not have a good experience at Bistecca. I will be addressing your comments with the restaurant team so that we can continually improve the experience that guests have at our property.

I appreciate your comments and they will definitely be taken into consideration in the future. Feel free to reach out to me if you do decide to give us another chance!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I just stayed at this Hotel for the second time. I have to say, it is a really nice place and they do go out of their way to make you comfortable, but what I find negative, is that they charge a lot for your stay and want you to pay extra for WiFi services. The wanted 13 bucks a day for use. To me, that is an insult. So in the future, during my next visit to the area in Sept, I will find a different place to stay that will give me that extra service, no more Embassy Suites...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Isra S, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Unfortunately, we do charge for wi-fi. However, we do offer the complimentary Business Center (open 24 hours) in which you can use our computers for free.

We do hope you give us another chance.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is one of the newest Embassy Suites I've stayed at in a very long time.

Five floors (the 4th & 5th floors are secure with Key Access). Rooms are very typical in layout, but very well furnished, comfortable and clean. Big Flat Screen in the living room and bedroom. Nice work desk with ample electricity

The Managers Reception is good. This is NJ so they say you can only have 1 cocktail for free. Snacks have consisted of pretzels, chips and salsa, popcorn. A few times I've seen some humus which was served with pretzels.

Breakfast is in Embassy Suites style, but very fresh and very plentiful. The cooked to order is always fast during the work week. Weekends are a little busier with lots of "Little People" but guess that's the nature of the property.

I'm always greeted with a smile and a wave, and called by name by a few of the staff members. I did have a minor service issue (because I'm a picky Diamond HHonors member), but it was resolved to my complete satisfaction by hotel leadership.

This has become my home for two weeks every month between now and the New Year, and glad to be here!

Room Tip: One of the things I love about the hotel is the light in the lobby that streams in from the Sky Ligh...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for staying loyal to our property! We appreciate you!