“LATE TO THE WEDDING /NO EARLY CHECK IN”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
VIRGINIA, United States
“LATE TO THE WEDDING /NO EARLY CHECK IN”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

don't book your stay the same day as the wedding because the rooms will not be ready until the wedding starts. make sure each reservationist communicates with each other so you don't have to sound like a parrot. get all your group keys upon arrival or you will burn more miles than on a treadmill going back and forth to the front desk

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Isra S, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
I am sorry that your room was not ready for an early checkin! However, we do not guarantee early checkins being that if we were busy the night before it is impossible for a room to be availble prior to checkin time.

If rooms were available earlier, we would have done what we could to accommodate you, but unfortunately we were unable to help you in this situation. I am sorry for any inconveniences this may have caused.

I hope that you still will consider us in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Turkish first
Pompton Plains, United States
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I highly recommend Embassy Suites for your stay. The service is excellent. The restaurant food was excellent. The suite was clean and well furnished. A full breakfast was included, along with an evening drink. It was great.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you so much for your review! We hope to see you soon!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed here on work travel and would not likely stay here again. The hotel recently had some decent renovations, but the bathrooms (the shower/tub) are pretty rough. Also, it was not clearned well. A lot of hair all over the bathroom floor, there was a very dirty rag left in the bathroom just under the counter and I also had to have maintance called to come and unclog the bathroom shower drain after it backed up on my feet in the shower. FULLY CLOGGED with hair. So gross.... Room was HOT even on the coldest setting, but they front desk did provide me with a fan. (That being said, "I am not a fan..." ) and will not be returning. ick.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
I am so sorry that you did not have a good stay! We know how important it is to our guests that our rooms are clean. What you are describing is compleletely unacceptable and is not the norm of our hotel!

Please reach out to me if you plan on staying with us again in the future. I hope you do decide to give us another chance!
Buffalo
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed here in mid-may for a long weekend. It was a rough weekend in Parsippany, it was really warm and there were intermittent power outages. Unfortunately, this caused the air conditioning to fail in the hotel and it was very uncomfortable, however, the management never told us that the air would never come on they just keep taking our complaints and told us that they would check on it. We were supposed to get a suite with two queen size beds, the front desk insisted that we did have two Queen size beds, but they were the smallest Queen size beds we had ever seen-more like young prince size. The hotel itself was very clean and housekeeping was very friendly and so were the front desk people. But the bar tender and the hostess at the bar were outright rude. We had a group of about 6 people at the bar that had VERY few patrons-first the bartender told us that we could not stay at the bar because he needed the area that we were standing in to be clear-huh?- okay so we went to a table in the absolutely deserted (except for two young children in wet bathing suits)-bar area and bought a few rounds (at about 65.00 a round)-just then something blew and the power went out again, we were sitting there in the dark laughing and enjoying our drinks when the hostess came around with a strong flashlight-we thought she was going to apologize for the power loss, or offer to give us her flashlight or even check on our welfare, but no....she shined her flashlight on the middle of the table where my aunt had put a box of homemade cookies, and told us that we could not eat them in the bar!!! Really? I believe that she was the hostess for the restaurant-which is why we choose to dine elsewhere. I do have to say that front desk did give us a discount because of the air conditioning problem, and it was greatly appreciated.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
I am sorry to hear about the problems you experienced at the bar/restaurant! There is no reason for anyone of the staff to be rude to you. I will be looking into which employee treated you unfairly and will address the issue with them.

We do not have any rooms with Queen beds in the hotel; we only have rooms with two Double-sized beds or one King-sized bed. I am sorry that this was not communicated to you!

Please reach out to me if you are in the area. We hope that you will give our property another chance.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My family checked in on a Friday night to attend a Bat Mitzvah in the area the next morning. My husband used HHonors points for our room, so our suite was on a key card level.
I understand how a property designed to accommodate business travelers Monday-Friday would want to increase its weekend business. This property ran in-house marketing that suggested patrons consider it for a weekend birthday or pool party. Considering how much less expensive this Parsippany property would be compared to a comparable party in nearby NYC, it made lots of sense.
What it also did was create a cadre of screaming Mimies throughout the property, running through the lobby, acting insanely at the pool, and charging through the breakfast area with no manners. I realize the parents were responsible for the kids' behavior, and not the hotel management, but it would have been nice if the efficient and friendly wait staff at breakfast had been empowered/instructed to gently give verbal correction to the kids.
Our suite was fine, and when I asked for one extra set of towels, I was provided with three. The mattress in the bedroom felt great. I had to sleep without a pillow as I could not determine if the pillows were down or "down alternative," and I simply wanted to get to sleep rather than have to wait for someone to deliver a foam pillow.
We were placed on the side of the property that abutted Rt. 287, but I didn't even realize this until the next morning when I opened the curtains.
Breakfast was great, with omelets made to order and pancakes off the griddle. If you ordered an omelet, the wait staff offered you bacon and home fries right from the grill rather than making you go to the buffet to get these items as you omelet got cold.
The managers reception was a disappointment with only chips and salsa offered with our drinks.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. I apologize about the children at the breakfast area- I will be encouraging the staff to step in to try and help with the children!

I also do apologize for the long wait for a foam pillow- you should never have to sleep without a pillow!

As for the Evening Reception- I will be forwarding your comments to the kitchen!

I hope you do stay with us again in the future. Feel free to reach out to me anytime.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Have stayed many times. Functional and clean standard extended stay type rooms. I personally don't care for the water-themed atrium because it makes the otherwise airy open area smell like a swimming pool. Friendly employees but front desk can get backed up.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review! We will be taking your comments into consideration so that we can improve our guest's experience.

Hope to see you again soon!
California
Reviewed 13 June 2014

As a Hilton HHonors member, I've stayed in many Embassy Suite properties across the country. This one was just OK.

I like the openness of the lobby, the vegetation, the fountains, and the birds. Overall it was quiet, just don't get a room on the side with 287 highway, as you can hear some noise from the traffic. The rooms were spacious and the bed was comfortable. They also provided me with more than two towels. Neutrogena was the bath amenities.

The managers reception in the evening was horrible. The food was only chips and salsa. And they gave you only one drink coupon. No other appetizers. The breakfast in the morning was basic - cereal, the hot food was mushy scrambled eggs, overdone sausage. Other Embassy Suites have other hot options such as omelets or eggs done the way you like them (so they are fresh).

Connecting to the internet was a pain. I had to literally go in to my settings and delete out and start over since it wouldn't connect or give me a log in screen, as is typical for any Hilton property. And at $12 a night per device, that is kind of steep (I get a few bucks, but over $10? Really?).

The Bistecca restaurant had a small menu. The chicken sandwich I had was good, and service was decent (it better have been since there was only myself and another table of two), but quite frankly there wasn't a lot that was priced on the lower end.

As a HHonors member, I got a special card key floor and two bottles of water.

This Embassy Suites is in a good location for local businesses if you're on a business trip, and I probably will stay here again for that reason and so I can collect more Hilton points, but that's about it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the back of the hotel that faces highway 287.