“Hilton needs to examine what has gone wrong...”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
“Hilton needs to examine what has gone wrong...”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This was the single most disgusting hotel I have stayed in in the hundreds of hotels I have visited throughout the world. I was attending a hiring conference being held at this property so I had to, unfortunately, stay. Upon check-in there was one person working the front desk, and a short line. I had to wait over 10 minutes. Then, when I got to my room it was filthy. No, it was gross and disgusting. Crumbs, candy and gum on the floor. Stains on the carpeting. Stains on the wallpaper. Water and soap marks on the faucet handles as if they hadn't been cleaned. The most vile tub I've ever seen. And, the A/C barely worked throughout the hotel. My thermostat was set to 65 and never got below 71. Most of the time it hovered in the mid-70s. The best part was when I decided to grab a quick bite to eat. A piece of cake and a bottle of water via room service (don't judge): $25. Not joking. Wifi: $12. Exorbitant for a suburban hotel. I stuck with my LTE. The reviews of this property are spot on. It's a mess and deserves to be stripped of this normally strong Hilton brand. This was not an isolated instance. My colleagues, and the people I interviewed, experienced the same issues. Avoid at all costs!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
2 Thank Westchestertravel
Isra S, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
I am so sorry about your experience at our hotel. Your room being unclean is completely unacceptable on our end. I know you experienced various issues during your stay here, and they are all being addressed by management.

We hope that you give us and Hilton another chance in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Turkish first
Brooklyn, United States
Reviewed 15 July 2014

While resting in the luxurious room, hearing the cascading waterfall on the other side of the window. made me feel as if i left all my cares behind and traveled to the Caribbean islands. Unfortunately, my trip was a business trip and my family was unable to enjoy the experience with me, but would gladly do it again if they were game to leave NY to visit NJ for an island like experience in a family friendly setting.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Pine Bluff, Arkansas
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Just spent one night here last night. When service is really good, it should be commended. I called the hotel at 1030 pm on my way from the airport to ask them if the restraurant would still be open when I got there.... It wasn't but Lisa, the overnight desk person ( and maybe manager?) checked me in over the ph and helped me place a room service order AND timed the delivery so that it was waiting in my room as I checked in...hot pizza on the table, wine in the fridge. After a really un-fun travel day it was really refreshing to have someone go the extra mile to see that I had a hot meal and a cool glass after a long day. Yay Lisa!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review! We hope you visit us again soon!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The service was excellent, the staff were extremely nice. The atmosphere, with fountains and rivers in the lobby, was also nice, very peaceful. Regarding the room, the bed was comfortable and bathroom fine. But overall, the room felt grimey and in desperate need of a deep clean. The door handles, remote controls, hair dryer, and other surfaces just felt grimey. There were stains on the couch. The door of the fridge made me not want to put food inside it. Even the walls of the shower were visibly covered in soap scum. So, while the sink and toilet were clean and the bed was made nicely, the room was in desperate need of some disinfectant.

If I stay here again, I will put flip flops to wear in my room on my packing list.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Isra S, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
I am sorry about that- I will let housekeeping know!

I hope you visit us again soon!
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We came for the weekend. We really liked the place, the outdoor feel without the heat was great!!! Very relaxing to walk around. From friday night until saturday night the hotel staff and security kept coming to our rooms that our kids are noisy. We were taking care of our kids and they were under our supervision the entire time!!! My feeling is that this hotel is simply not kid friendly. So if you are considering this hotel, (which is beautiful in design) and are planning to come here with kids, this hotel is not for you.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Gr8ma
Thank you for your kind words about our building.

Please know that our staff should never be rude to your children! Being that we are a family-friendly hotel, we do try our best to accomodate all of our guests!

We hope that you do stay with us again in the future.
New Jersey
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Hotel staff was very friendly. Checkin was quick and easy. The atmosphere in an Embassy Suites makes you feel as if you are on vacation with the sounds of water in the lobby. Also, I just love all the rooms overlooking the lobby and the waterfalls. Rooms are comfortable and clean. Very pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

VIENNA VA
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel over the July 4th weekend while visiting friends in NJ and visiting NYC. Very nice hotel and close to NYC. The front desk and restaurant staff were very friendly and accommodating. The atrium is very expansive and bright. We had lunch at Bisteca when we first got there to watch the World Cup while the room was not ready and the food was fine. The morning breakfast includes all the necessary breakfast items and the staff was very efficient and quick to clean tables so there were many tables available. I went to the pool with our young son and it was nice, however, the pool walls and bottom need to be stripped down and repainted as there were paint chips everywhere on the floor. I took advantage of the fitness center and it had all the equipment that I would use and more. For the room, we stayed on the HHonors floor (i.e., 5th) and the beds were excellent and clean. The bathroom was clean but it needs a major renovation. For example, the coating in the bathtub has started to stripped and bubbling up. In addition, the wallpaper has started to peel and it does not look nice. We would stay at this hotel again and it would be an excellent resort if they start the renovations on the items above. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family