“Nice atmosphere, good breakfast”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Booked 1 night for a business trip July 2014... ES doesn't disappoint. Room was spacious with separate sleeping area, 2 flat screen TVs, microwave, coffee maker, dining table for 4 and three sinks! Hot buffet breakfast offered omelettes to pancakes...fruits, breads, pastries, oatmeal, etc. You don't leave hungry.
Check in and check out were a breeze. Would stay again for next meeting.

Room Tip: Try to book on the 5th floor... it's the highest, which helps with the noise level of the palm s...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Andrea C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Good afternoon and thank you for reviewing our hotel. It is always a pleasure to read that we were able to fulfill your expectations and that you enjoy your stay with us. I also would like to thank you for appreciating our two-rooms spacious suite and our breakfast , which is free to every guest and on top of the buffet, features a cook to order station, where you can order omelettes, eggs, pancakes and so on.
Thank you for your loyalty and see you soon at the Embassy Suites Parsippany,
Kind regards,
Andrea Carnevale

Write a ReviewReviews (1,090)

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Very friendly staff, comfortable hotel, good location. I'll stay here again on my next trip to the Morristown area. The staff went out of their way to make sure I had a nice stay, and were welcoming. Breakfast was good as well, and the rooms were spacious and clean.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Andrea C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Robert,
thank you for the great review you wrote about us.
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the hotel, our breakfast and the fact that the Team made sure you had a great stay. These are the kind of comments that make us proud of what we do.
Thank you for taking the time to share these words with us.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back at the Embassy Suites Parsippany.
Kind regards,
Andrea Carnevale

Reviewed 17 July 2014

This was the best rated hotel in the area, seriously? We stayed at this location on July 7. We will never stay at the Embassy Suites Parsippany and as this is the 3rd location that has been terrible, we plan to scratch Embassy Suites off our list entirely. The hotel rooms are both filthy and in disrepair. The bathtub had a nasty dirt ring in it, a filthy bottom complete with someone's private parts hair. The tile floors had spots and bio-matter all over them. The glasses in the room had lip marks and spots-doubt they have seen a dishwasher recently. It seemed as if everything was chipped, cracked or peeling. There were wires hanging out of the broken clock and the ironing board stubbornly refused to stay standing. The AC didn't work well and took till 3 in the morning to get the room down from over 80 to 75 degrees.The internet speed was deplorable and we were charged for it even though our reservation said it was included. There were no regular coffees or sugar in the room showing that the staff didn't even care enough to replenish items. The breakfast was greasy and incorrectly cooked. The omelet person impatient and curt. I absolutely do not recommend this location and if this is the best in Parsippany, NJ, I would recommend skipping the city!

Room Tip: Stay away entirely!
1  Thank K. W
Isra S, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

I am so sorry you did not have a pleasant stay. Your comments will be shared with the housekeeping, engineering and breakfast departments. We appreciate your feedback as we contintually work on building our guest's satisfaction.

I hope that you do give us another chance, as we would love to have another opportunity to show you what we are capable of!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

This was the single most disgusting hotel I have stayed in in the hundreds of hotels I have visited throughout the world. I was attending a hiring conference being held at this property so I had to, unfortunately, stay. Upon check-in there was one person working the front desk, and a short line. I had to wait over 10 minutes. Then, when I got to my room it was filthy. No, it was gross and disgusting. Crumbs, candy and gum on the floor. Stains on the carpeting. Stains on the wallpaper. Water and soap marks on the faucet handles as if they hadn't been cleaned. The most vile tub I've ever seen. And, the A/C barely worked throughout the hotel. My thermostat was set to 65 and never got below 71. Most of the time it hovered in the mid-70s. The best part was when I decided to grab a quick bite to eat. A piece of cake and a bottle of water via room service (don't judge): $25. Not joking. Wifi: $12. Exorbitant for a suburban hotel. I stuck with my LTE. The reviews of this property are spot on. It's a mess and deserves to be stripped of this normally strong Hilton brand. This was not an isolated instance. My colleagues, and the people I interviewed, experienced the same issues. Avoid at all costs!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
3  Thank Westchestertravel
Isra S, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

I am so sorry about your experience at our hotel. Your room being unclean is completely unacceptable on our end. I know you experienced various issues during your stay here, and they are all being addressed by management.

We hope that you give us and Hilton another chance in the future.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

While resting in the luxurious room, hearing the cascading waterfall on the other side of the window. made me feel as if i left all my cares behind and traveled to the Caribbean islands. Unfortunately, my trip was a business trip and my family was unable to enjoy the experience with me, but would gladly do it again if they were game to leave NY to visit NJ for an island like experience in a family friendly setting.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Just spent one night here last night. When service is really good, it should be commended. I called the hotel at 1030 pm on my way from the airport to ask them if the restraurant would still be open when I got there.... It wasn't but Lisa, the overnight desk person ( and maybe manager?) checked me in over the ph and helped me place a room service order AND timed the delivery so that it was waiting in my room as I checked in...hot pizza on the table, wine in the fridge. After a really un-fun travel day it was really refreshing to have someone go the extra mile to see that I had a hot meal and a cool glass after a long day. Yay Lisa!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review! We hope you visit us again soon!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

The service was excellent, the staff were extremely nice. The atmosphere, with fountains and rivers in the lobby, was also nice, very peaceful. Regarding the room, the bed was comfortable and bathroom fine. But overall, the room felt grimey and in desperate need of a deep clean. The door handles, remote controls, hair dryer, and other surfaces just felt grimey. There were stains on the couch. The door of the fridge made me not want to put food inside it. Even the walls of the shower were visibly covered in soap scum. So, while the sink and toilet were clean and the bed was made nicely, the room was in desperate need of some disinfectant.

If I stay here again, I will put flip flops to wear in my room on my packing list.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Isra S, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

I am sorry about that- I will let housekeeping know!

I hope you visit us again soon!