“Good Appartments”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
“Good Appartments”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Quite rooms and hotel nearby the Bayer Headoffice. With separate kind of living room well suited for longer business stays. Pool needs renovation since paint is getting loose in the pool. Interesting interior and good breakfast - but be avare that at 9 sharp every food ist removed immidiatly! Hotel surronded by roads and highways.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Andrea C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Franz,
thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and I thank you for highlighting the convenience of the hotel location and spacious suites we offer to every guest. As far as breakfast serving time, from Monday to Friday we usually have guests on business who tend to leave the hotel early in the morning to go to work. That's why breakfast opens from 6am to 9am, even if we leave the coffee machine out after that to grab a coffee to go for later risers. During the weekends when we mainly have leisure guests, breakfast is served from 7am to 10.30 am, giving the opportunity to our guests to sleep a little longer and at the same time, having the opportunity to enjoy breakfast.
Once again, I want to thank you for being our guest and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back.
Kind regards,
Andrea Carnevale

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My boyfriend was sent here for work conferences for two weeks, so I ended up going to stay with him for three nights. I thought the hotel was very clean, and very quiet. They cleaned the room every day, and the common areas were always clean as well. There are quite a few rooms but you never hear voice; Probably because of the open design with the rooms on the perimeter. There was rarely anyone in the pool and it is open until 12AM. They have a decent sized gym that is generally pretty empty as well. It is about 15 minutes from the mall and there a few good restaurants close; Eccola was our favorite for a reasonably priced, decent meal. The complimentary breakfast and coffee was not too great, but comparable to most hotels. One of the mornings there was a large organization staying and we couldn't find seating for breakfast, but we grabbed stuff to go to the room and it was no big deal. The staff are friendly and quick to accommodate guests. The room was large and had a refrigerator, microwave, sink and cabinetry. It was pretty perfect for us because we did not plan on doing any sort of cooking. I am generally picky about hotels and was nervous about it before I went, but I can honestly say It felt cleaner than many places we have stayed and I got a good nights sleep. Two televisions in each room (one in the bedroom, one in the living room). Overall positive experience.

Room Tip: We had a corner room at the south end of the hotel and could not hear a sound.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrea C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Guest,
thank you for writing such a detailed review about your stay with us.
We are glad that you joined your boyfriend while he was here for a conference and had the opportunity to enjoy our services. I would also like to thank you for mentioning the cleanliness of the hotel, as our Executive Housekeeper Aparna is constantly striving to deliver spotless suites and impeccably clean public areas to our Guests.
Looking forward to welcoming you again and thank you for staying with us.
Best regards,
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My family stayed one night. Saturday was very busy, a lot of kids and a Saturday night function in one of the banquet halls. The hotel is showing signs of aging. Kids in hallways unattended, crumbs of food all over. In the hotels defense they booked a slew of families this weekend.

Room: We stayed in room 369. The pull out couch had a spring come out through the mattress and it scratched my daughter. It was after 9:00 pm. I was tired, so I just stuck it back through the hole and covered it with the mattress pad. Also the bathroom had peeling/cracking in the bathtub and it was not clean. I should have taken a shower with my flip flops on. I have stayed here several times years ago and it was much better, I was a little disappointed.

Pool: Went to the pool and was happy to see a pool attended, however very rude male in the pool. He kept splashing my daughters on purpose and tried to pull them in. After 10 minutes I left with my family.

Breakfast: Went down for breakfast at 9:15 am and happy to see plenty of seats still available, even though hotel was booked. The omelet and coffee was the best thing. Pancakes were extremely hard. Maybe because they were sitting too long, I don't know. We ate enough not to starve on the 2.5 hour trip back home

Overall: I love Embassy Suites. I was disappointed but probably would give this location another try. Saturdays in any hotel are busy, but this was extreme this past Saturday. The rooms are showing signs of aging, at least the bathroom. Between the crowds of guest and the room problems, I was more disappointed by the room issues.

Room Tip: Room away from elevator are quieter
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Andrea C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Guest,
thank you for choosing our hotel and for sharing your experience with us. We really appreciate your detailed post which I'll definitely review with my team and take the corrective actions. Not as an excuse but as you correctly mentioned, the hotel was fully booked the weekend you stayed with us and we tried to get organized as best as possible in order to deliver the Embassy experience that we are well known for.
Please accept my apologies if the room was not in perfect conditions and it affected your overall stay.
On the other hand, I appreciate the fact that you enjoyed our cook to order omelet and freshly brewed coffee. I will also review the pancake preparation with our chef Peter.
I thank you for giving us another chance and I am looking forward to welcoming you again at our hotel.

Leeds, New York
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Very nice hotel. Clean and great for families. Nice indoor swimming pool and hot tub. As always cook to order breakfast excellent. Close to restaurants. Short drive into NYC or to the 3 airports--35 minutes.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Isra S, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review! We are glad that you and your family enjoyed your time at our hotel since we do pride ourselves on being family-friendly. I have sent your positive remarks to our staff in the breakfast area as well.I am glad that you found our location very convenient- NYC and the airports are just a hop, skip, and a jump away!

I hope that we do see you again in the future!

Isra Shaikh
Front Office Supervisor
morristown, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

we had a wonderful experience for my daughters birthday. she had 3 of her friends sleepover. everything was exceptional. the presidential suite was amazing. so clean. the birthday package was perfect from evening reception pizza cake pool breakfast etc. highly recommend.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Isra S, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you so much for your review- we hope to see you again soon!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed in this hotel for two nights and were quite dissatisfied with the A/C and the very noisy atmosphere. The A/C was to cold in one room and to hot in the other. People constantly slamming doors all hours of the night. The staff was to busy talking on the telephone instead of working with the customers standing at the front desk. I would not recommend this hotel. Not a very good experience.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrea C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time reviewing our hotel. I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the air conditioning and noisy corridors. We had a problem with one chiller that we promptly fixed and now operating at 100%. I have shared your review with my executive team to ensure that this is not a problem in the future. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.
Thank you for being our guest.
Best regards,
Norcross, Georgia
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My stay at this ES was a huge disappointment. I was unable to enjoy any of the amenities or get a good night sleep due to the amount of noise from a very large group of guests that had booked the majority of the hotel. The children of these guests were allowed to run around unsupervised until late into the night. The group of guest were disrespectful to the property and other guests.
I was also very surprised how dirty the bath tub was. It appeared as if it had not been cleaned in several months.
No possibility of returning to this one.

Room Tip: My tip is to book at a different hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Isra S, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
I am so sorry that you did not have a pleasant stay! The hotel has been working diligently on trying to manage the larger groups that stay at the hotel. I will make sure to let our security team know the issues that you had during your stay.

I also apologize for the state of your bathtub. We take all of our guests comments very seriously and use them to improve guest experience. Please feel free to reach out to me anytime if you would like to discuss your stay further.

We hope you do decide to give us another chance in the future!