“So-So - Needs Refreshing”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Parsippany Fairfield
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We stayed at this property one recent weekend. It is a little run down, but we found our room to be clean and comfortable. The price was great for the area, and our room was bug-free, although it smelled of mothballs. Also, our A/C unit started making horrible noises in the middle of the night, so we shut it off. One of our keycards kept malfunctioning, but the desk kept trying to reprogram it rather than replacing it. Not much sense in this.

We noted what appeared to be a nice pool and tables with chairs in a green outdoor area in the center of the building, but we were unable to use it due to rain.

The attached restaurant is in the midst of a management change and remodel, so I will not comment on it at this time.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 July 2011

This hotel has TERRIBLE wireless. As a business traveler, I like to get some work done in the evening but their wireless degraded rapidly around 8:00 and was useless to me. Also, as the hotel is right next to the interstate, I was awakened by trucks several times during my stay. Breakfast was free and good, the front desk staff was ok but snippy when I needed my access card redone due it not working.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 July 2011

The manager is the most rude loudmouth ever and it goes downhill from there.
We booked for a group of 37 people and gave them thousands of dollars of business. The front desk staff was rude and yelling at all my guests. They refused to put paper in the "business center" so that we could print out directions. We asked for paper and got attittude from the women behind the desk.. It was a nightmare. The front desk staff were yelling at other guests as well, and I mean yelling loud and obnoxious. Totally the worst experience
The assistant manager and sales people are no help and do not take care of the guests at all. If the staff is rude, dont bother the manager. instead of correcting the employee, he along with his staff will yell at the guests and make excuses for the employees lies and laziness. Totally incompetent management and staff. They refuse to provide shuttle service to the kmart across the street.even though the driver was on property. and their website says they have shuttle service. This is not a three star property by a long shot. It is in fact barely one star. Lots of bugs. Carpet in hallways is filthy. place smells and the housekeeping staff has an attitude and doesnt bother to change linens etc. The food is overpriced. The worst holiday inn I have ever stayed at. Will not be back. the wifi in the room doesn't work.. Staff is only interested in gossiping, visiting with one another and smoking......they constantly go out for a smoke or are not behind the desk ... Too bad one of the franchise people from corporate have not taken care of these issues. I dont think anyone of the people from our group will even look at another holiday inn.

Room Tip: There are no best rooms here. The staff will lie to you and tell you they have no other rooms if you...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank 29786Traveler
Reviewed 5 July 2011

I have never experienced such rude hotel service in my life. We came to this hotel in a group of 40 people from Canada on July 1-3 and we left knowing that we would never even think about staying at this place ever again. The receptionist was a rude woman who obviously did not care about her customers. At check out, she charged us for breakfast for every single person even though our leader specified that not everyone would be eating breakfast; we got ripped off. We all asked to speak to the manager but they were not available. We were not happy because the receptionist was giving us attitude. Even man who was not part of our group was trying to get help from her as well and she started yelling at him. I don't know what kind of service this was. We were not treated like people, we were treated like animals, all 40 of us. They have definitely lost 40 of our people and our families. It was definitely the worst hotel service that we've ever seen.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank CathyA92
Reviewed 11 June 2011

I have stayed here a few times over the last year and with each visit I am reassured that my choice to stay at this location was the right one. Every staff member I encounter from the moment I check in, to walking in the hallways, and checking out, I am always greeted with a smile and a genuine hello.

The rooms are newly renovated, spacious, and CLEAN!!! I had forgotten some toiletries and called down to the Front Desk. Jonathan answered and offered to have them sent to the room with the Houseman. I also stopped by the Front Desk to ask about restaurant recommendations, to which Jonathan named many and suggested that I could take the hotel shuttle. He was very friendly and helpful.

It had snowed the night prior and when I realized I needed to clean off my car with the snow brush I did not have, I ask the woman at the Front Desk if they had anything I could use. She kindly let me borrow her own personal snow brush, which I feel was true hospitality!

The continental breakfast they had in the morning was an added bonus. The variety of food was appealing and the quality far surpassed that of other hotels I have stayed at.

Check out was easy and I was given my full cash deposit back. I used a debit card for payment, so instead of having a hold on my account for incidentals they suggested I could leave a cash deposit. It worked out better.

This hotel is a unique find. The brand name is often connotated with basic accommodations, but this hotel is the one exception! A great value for the accommodations and service you receive.

Room Tip: Call ahead to ask for early check in, no guarantee
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2011

I stay here all the time now. It is less than half the price of most area hotels, conveniently located off of route 80 on 46. The hotel provides free breakfast from 6:30am-9:30am - the breakfast is actually good unlike most free breakfasts. There is a huge choice of hot and cold cereals, fruit, pastries, breads and rolls, eggs, bacon, sausage, and french toast, all freshly cooked. The free wifi is a huge plus - this is one of the few hotels that offer free wifi. The bathroom is large, the flat screen tv is brand new along with all of the furniture, and the rooms are quiet. The only thing this hotel doesn't have that the big expensive hotels have is a fancy lobby. Take my advice - I stay in Parsippany every week - and I now stay at the Holiday Inn every week - and I'm not even paying - my company is.

Room Tip: Call ahead to confirm a King Bed
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Yankeefan084
Reviewed 11 April 2011

I am a hotel snob to some degree. Stayed here and was quite surprised! No hair in the bathtub or sink, no gross stains in the bathtubs, clean and comfortable rooms - very updated; no grandma furniture; nice LCD TV, near IHOP and Dunkin Donuts - ;))
You will not believe the gross-ness at the other BIG name hotels in the area I have stayed in the last few months for 30% more money. This is definitely a find if youre having to stay in this area. You can be in Manhattan in 45 min from here. Down side --> no free internet.

Room Tip: highest floor please.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business