“Avoid this hotel!”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Parsippany Fairfield
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Mostly meets minimum requirement to just spend a night but if wireless in room is critical for your work, AVOID this hotel. Here's my experience just a week ago.

Wireless signal was present in my room, but I just could not get my iPad, iPhone or Android phone to log on successfully. Even the wall internet cable connection which I tried with a Macbook was intermittent and unusable. Called front-desk for help and it took a long time before some IT guy with very poor communication skills called back. He spent half a hour on the line with me directly me to try one thing after another, all to no avail. Then he said he would call me back ... turned out to be just an excuse to run away from a technical problem that was above his basic trouble-shooting ability. No call-back or help in any shape or form was given thereafter. Front-desk was completely useless - passing the buck to "some outsourced company" as if the hotel had nothing to do with this problem. Unbelievable incompetent!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Magaly B, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Parsippany Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey concerning your recent stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites in Parsippany New Jersey.
We apologize for the inconvenience with the WIFI connection, our hotel is in the process of expanding the band width and the strength of our connection.
Please accept our apologies for the less than satisfactory experience, we know that you are accustomed to staying in our brands all over the country, you must know how much we pride ourselves on our service and attention to detail. Please be assured that we have taken corrective measure to prevent such occurrences in the future.
We look forward to serving you again soon,

Magaly Barahona-Meza

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Clean room and what you would expect in terms of set-up. Appears to have been a relatively recent renovation. Sadly, there were a couple of things that were frustrating...1) a hair (and not from a head) on the sheets of one bed, 2) a shower drain that was painfully slow (no one likes to stand in 6" of water), 3) an air unit that was incredibly loud, and 4) wireless Internet that was too slow to allow me to connect to my work network. The last was a real frustration, in that it prevents me from making progress on a project.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Majorgal
Reviewed 27 July 2012

The hotel staff was nice enough and the rooms were clean with everything working fine. Can't say it is anything other then a good price for a good room. Also the area has a ton of great restaurants around so if your looking for a great dinner you will find it.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Steven B
Magaly B, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Parsippany Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

Dear Guest;
We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

Magaly Barahona - Meza

Reviewed 24 June 2012

I stayed here after a wedding recently and was very happy with the cleanliness of the rooms and that they looked brand new and had many updated amenities, We had an open bar that was so so it was a table with booze and 4 mini fridges stacked as the coolers. it was very unusual. I like the nice bathrooms and rooms but the thing that really made the night worse was the couch like pillows in the bed. I felt like i was sleeping on a throw pillow and they were about 2x2 and just so uncomfortable. I would stay again but def will be bringing my own pillow.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Parsippany Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2012

Dear dkrigs1029,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am pleased you liked the cleanliness and new amenities in your room. We are always happy to provide a consistently clean, comfortable and courteous place for our guests to stay. I am disappointed that our pillows were not comfortable. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 17 June 2012

The rooms were recently redone, there is free wireless Internet, and the hotel is clean - so the basis are covered. However, the lobby area is small, dark and dated, the exercise equipment is extremely loud and not well maintained, and the breakfast is mediocre.

For a one or two day business trip, where little time is spent in the room - this hotel serves that purpose at a very reasonable cost. For a longer stay or for vacation, I'd be disappointed.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review.
I would like to offer a sincere apology. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Magaly Barahona - Meza

Reviewed 16 June 2012

I was here for a week and enjoyed the stay with good breakfast and internet and that too complimentary. I would suggest this as a good hotel for family and business. Its close to basic shopping needs as there are many shopping spots around it. Food can be easily found in and around the hotel. The dinner/lunch buffet is not too expensive. The hotel is close to I78, I80 an I278. Ample parking. For first timer Indians there are Indian hotels and stores.

Recommended! Worth every dollar.

Room Tip: Book on priceline, hotwire for a good bargain.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Amit V

Magaly Barahona Meza

Reviewed 22 May 2012

Quick Check in , Very Nice Staff =] Hotel is very nice and well maintained , walking into the room felt like serenity decorated with nice cool colors very calming mood and welcoming

Location is good as well there is a cross walk right in front of the hotel to the shopping center where there is a verity of restaurants also fast food,gas station , and convenient stores

I'd stay here again most defiantly well worth the price there is alot of other hotels in the area but id rather pay the extra money to be treated well and sleep comfy

plus every morning there is a buffet for breakfast which is pretty good and alot to choose from ... free parking ... good internet connection ... in room safe ... fridge & microwave
= = > Ladies bath and body works products ! Loved my stay