“Not improving”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Parsippany Fairfield
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Reviewed 31 October 2013

The company for which I speak frequently books meeting space here. The meeting rooms are conveniently located off the front lobby and the folks who set up the meeting room are pleasant. Fanny, who fills the water pitchers, is very smart. She made sure there was extra glassware and was generous in putting a couple of pitchers on each table. The problem is that the hotel was pretty damaged during Hurricane Sandy and still has torn carpet, burned out bulbs, and a meeting room floor so warped that you'll be tripping. I also had to ask for a power cord with a ground plug, even though our banquet instructions specifically tell the hotel staff that there must be three prongs on the plug.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Magaly B, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Parsippany Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Hello Professordoctormom,

Thank you for expressing your concerns about your recent experience with our hotel.
Our hotel was one of the fortunate ones that did not suffer any damages from hurricane Sandy. We were the only hotel open in our area and I am proud to say that we able to accommodate a lot of families who lost their homes and suffered damages due to hurricane Sandy. I do want to apologize for the warped carpet, it should have been taped down to avoid anyone from tripping. I have addressed all of your concerns and issues with our sales team, Please rest assure that you will not have any problems on your next booking. All supplies needed for you to have a successful class will be purchased.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Parsippany Fairfield

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I checked into the hotel with a large student group, and was greeted by two very rude front desk staff (Teresa and Ryan). Considering the large size of the group, we asked the group to wait outside the hotel, while we sorted out room key allotment which was taking a while as we had a large group. The front desk staff got offended with our taking so long to distribute the room keys! i was very taken aback with their attitude toward us, especially when we ensured the group wait patiently outside the hotel, so that they was no commotion or noise in their lobby and other guests were not disturbed.
Also, when I asked them for a change in the breakfast time, i was rudely told it would not be possible. Even the wake-up calls requested for came 20 minutes post the time of request, and the excuse given to me was that it takes time to make calls to 20 rooms! I have never ever heard of such a ridiculous excuse in all my hotel stays (and I have stays in a great number of hotels!). All in all, a pathetic experience, and Holiday Inn needs to teach their staff to be more courteous. Very poor attitude towards hotel guests.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Magaly B, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Parsippany Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Hello Christinemassey,
Thank you for taking out the time to share your experience at your recent stay with us. Please let me assure you that I have spoken to both my front desk agents and they have expressed their concerns with your group. The night that your group was due to check in was one of our busiest nights as we were close to selling out the hotel. There were several groups to come in after yours and regular guest due to check in. The entrance to the hotel needs to be accessible for all of our guest to enter and exit the hotel without a problem. It is to my understanding that the kids came out of the bus and blocked the entrance area. I apologize if my staff seemed to come off rude to you, but please try to understand that the area needed to be cleared of all traffic. In reference to the wake up calls for your group in looking through the reports, they were only seconds apart from each call.
If you would like to further discuss these issues please feel free to give us a call.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 14 October 2013

everybody always jokes about everybody else's "points hotel", mine happens to be Holiday Inn express. No particular reason, just because I started that way decades ago. So I check in for a one night stay at the Holiday Inn Parsippany NJ. I had a meeting there the next morning.
The lady at the desk welcomes me and informs me that I have received an upgrade to the Presidential Suite!
Anybody who travels at all has to immediately say "WHAT?" A presidential suite at a Holiday Inn. Well let me be the first to inform you that yes, they have one and yes it is very very nice. Two rooms, huge bathroom, three TV's two work centers and a mini kitchen, all for the price of a regular room. WOW. What a nice surprise. I probably thanked the front desk 5 times including when I checked out.

For the rest. the room was clean and neat, well maintained. Heat and air were fine, a touch noisy, but nothing out of the usual for a Holiday Inn. Slept great that night. Lobby is fine, clean, neat, nothing to knock your socks off but fine for what it is. Staff was great, besides the upgrade I needed to know where the meeting was the next morning, they took care of that, and noticed my name on the program so recommended a wake up time for me and put in the call.
Meeting rooms, public bathrooms, refreshments were all quite good.

For a holiday inn in North Jersey, this place was absolutely great. If you have to be in the North Jersey area, ignore the fact that the facility is in the middle of about 5 different shopping centers and stay there, NICE professional staff makes it work.

1  Thank businesstraveler44
Magaly B, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Parsippany Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Hello Businesstraveler44,

A HUGE THANK YOU for giving us such an amazing commendation to our staff. It is feedback like yours that makes our hard work and efforts an example of how great we are. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade, we like to randomly introduce our guest to the different types of rooms in our hotel.
If you are ever in the area please do not hesitate to give us a call so that we can personally make reservations for you.

Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

I was planning to stay three nights for a business trip in the area. I checked out after one night. Although the room was clean, the bed was terrible. I slept a total of 3 hours. I was unable to keep the fan on air conditioning running continuously and the start stop fan also contributed to my near sleepless night. The only way to get sufficient water pressure in the shower was to use only hot water which was intolerable so I ended up just washing my hair in the sink. Hallways had dirty carpet and no air conditioning. Eggs at breakfast were cold. There has to be better choices in Parsippany.

• Stayed: September 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Parsippany Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear Maryann D,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced and for the room conditions that did not meet your expectations. Your comments have been documented and we are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 31 August 2013

staff was super friendly. hotel was o.k. although in desperate need of updating. it was showing a lot of wear and tear. breakfast was good. outdoor pool and patio was nice, although with all the traffic noise it was too loud to sit and enjoy.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Magaly B, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Parsippany Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Hello bn8638,

Thank You for sharing your experience on your recent stay with the Holiday Inn & Suites located in Parsippany. It is feedback like yours that help us better our service, our hotel strives to accommodate all of our guests the best way possible.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

The hotel is quite good for the price you pay! The rooms are pretty new, and the breakfast is good. Hotel has own parking. You get good quality for the price you pay! The bathroom could be a bit better.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Magaly B, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Parsippany Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Hello Valdothebird,

Thank you for taking out the time to give us a great review on your recent stay, your comments are greatly appreciated it.
Hope to see you soon!!

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Last year, I stayed five days at this property. It was dirty, the restaurant had closed and groups of youth soccer teams kept coming and leaving the hotel. It was simply awful. Recently, I stayed 20 miles away at a nice Holiday Inn Express just to avoid this place. I guess people in the NJ area are used to dirty, noisy places or are related to the owners of the place.

Room Tip: Select another hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Magaly B, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Parsippany Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Hello Mr. Thomas F,

Wow!! so it's been a whole year since you were last at our property, I am sorry that you feel that way about New Jersey and its people.
In the past year our hotel has opened up our newly renovated PURE restaurant, serving sushi, seafood and steaks. Our PURE restaurant has been recognized in several of our local newspapers and magazines for its extraordinary one of a kind taste and their ambiance.
A couple of changes to our rooms have been made, our pillows have been changed to a bigger size and the cleanliness of our rooms comes close to being impeccable.
The Holiday Inn & Suites - Parsippany New jersey would love the opportunity to welcome you back and give us another try.

Hope to see you soon!!!