“Definitely A Castle!”

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Definitely A Castle!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

We stayed for a few days Aug 25-26 and could not be happier with the facilities. The building actually looks like a castle. Located seemingly in the middle of nowhere, you entered the building and the entire area is modern, clean and bright. The pool is small with a hot tub. There is an outdoor pool, but we needed to exit the indoor pool (which is dumb). The gym is excellent, plenty of exercise machines that were clean and very modern that included a TV on the display panel and a Racketball/Squash court.

Rooms itself were a fairly good size and clean. The TV included a 41" screen, but you need to bring HDMI or RCA plugs to watch your own movies, no DVD player. The Room has a door to share space to connect with the next higher number suite. WiFi is available throughout the facilities, they have excellent computers with oversized monitors in the lobby.

Beautiful hotel overall, you won't regret staying at this location.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Scott B, Director of Sales at Sheraton Parsippany Hotel, responded to this review, 31 August 2012
Dear StaleyLam -

Positive feedback like yours is what we hope to get from every guest! We are very proud of our recently renovated hotel and fitness center. It sounds like you had a chance to enjoy many of our facilities, and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed them. Your comment regarding the HDMI cables is something we will certainly look in to feasibility of providing. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Parsippany when you next visit our area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

We arrive at the hotel a little before shabbos(Jewish sabbath) Everything seemed great then small issues happen. We asked for a non adjoining room. The front desk clerk assured us it was not. It turned out it was.(strike one) Then we called down to switch rooms they said no problem and would be right up. No one came. After 20 minutes we went down only to find out the person who told us someone would be right up, never informed the staff to move us. After 30 minutes we were finally moved. We asked for a small table so we could eat our kosher meals in the room. We practically had to beg for one, but this did happen in a timely manner.Then we asked them to make the lock shabbos compliant(make it a old fashion keyed lock) No one came and being shabbos we couldn't call down, so we were basically trapped in the room because we couldn't leave at will. We could have had the front desk let us in the room, but that would have been a pain. Anyhow the next day I walked down the stairs and finnally had someone fix the lock. The room was nice and spacious. Everything was very nice. There happen to be davening (religious services) in the hotel which was great being I did not have to walk 30 minutes to the nearest shul(synagogue )I would stay there again, but I wish they would do what they say in a timely manner. I stay at a hotel to be pampered , not have to beg for hotel amenities.

Room Tip: mezzanine(second floor) is were davening was and looks like would be in the future
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
I truly appreciate your taking the time and effort to share your comments with Starwood customer services regarding your stay at our hotel. I would also like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and less than ideal performance from our team that you experienced during your stay with us.

Your feedback is most valuable to help us improve, and please know that I take your comments very seriously. I have addressed the specific issues that you have raised with the appropriate members of our staff, ensuring that others do not experience these shortcomings.

I also want to assure you that your experience is not typical of our hotel, nor any other Sheraton Hotel. As guest satisfaction is of paramount importance to us, please contact our Director of Rooms, Sean J, at 973-560-5405 if there is anything else that we may do to assist you. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to demonstrate our true warm hospitality
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

We are frequent visitors to Walt Disney World, and my daughter refers to as the castle. When we approached, she called the hotel a castle. This got her quite excited. This property has it all! We booked this stay using online bidding and got an incredible deal. Parking was easy, our check-in was incredibly efficient, and our room did not disappoint. The front desk staff signed us up for Sheraton frequent visitor club, which provided us free internet for the stay, arranged for housekeeping to make-up the sofa bed for my daughter, and acquired a small container of milk for my daughter before bedtime.

This hotel was easy to get to and there were several dining opportunities to satisfy any diet and appetite. The pool was actually part of a health club, which, open to the public, provided indoor and outdoor pools with lap lanes, a sauna, full fitness area, zumba classes, and racquetball courts. Lifeguards were on duty and they provided warm towels to use for drying off. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor and enjoyed a quiet evening.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Scott B, Director of Sales at Sheraton Parsippany Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Dear whpiman -

We are thrilled to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the little "castle" that we call the Sheraton Parsippany. Thank you for your kind remarks regarding our facility and staff. We are very proud of our renovated facility and are happy to hear that you enjoyed it as well. We look forward to welcoming you back our “castle” soon!
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

I was excited to try this Sheraton because it has an outdoor pool and because of its castle shaped design. This pace was a madhouse. Granted, I was staying on a Friday night, but still...madhouse.

At check in I asked the attendant if there were any suites available for members that were platinum with Starwood. The guy looked at me like I was speaking Mandarin and said "oh naw those are booked separately and are $400 a night"--SPG's rules suggest otherwise. No big deal. I was in a regular room on the club lounge floor.

The room had been renovated recently and was very comfortable. No complaints there. On to the club lounge. I understand why hotels close club lounges on the weekends. The poor lounge attendant deserves a vacation for dealing with the vultures. I've never seen people so greedy. Definitely dominated by specific ethnicity, kids were taking anything that wasn't nailed down. I saw one child take 8 sandwiches off the platter (obviously he wasn't going to eat them) and walk over to his father--"Look father, I got 8 sandwiches...I did good, right father?" The dad replied "Yes son, you did well." I thought I was on an episode of Punk'd. The door to the stairwell stayed propped open with pool towels so that non-paying guests could enjoy the lounge for free. I commented to the lounge attendant about the ridiculousness and she gave me breakfast vouchers for the restaurant downstairs. Decent buffet, it was good to get out of the scavenging. This hotel is bleeding money in the lounge thefts.

Then to the outdoor pool. Most NYC area hotels don't have outdoor pools. Sheraton Parsippany's pool is run by a private health club. Again, madhouse. I was greeted at the entrance by a non uniformed staff member standing next to a towel bin. I wasn't sure if she worked there or not and made the mistake of asking. "If I didn't work here do you think I'd be standing here," said the billy goat. Welcome to New Jersey. Getting a chair is a complete nightmare. I feel sorry for the people that pay to use the health club/pool. Sheraton should definitely rethink their arrangement with Atlantis Health Club. Disaster.

I've noticed before that Sheraton Parsippany has rates as low as $75. This is a steal. Parking is free and the room was renovated. I would only consider staying here again if it were a weekday. The whole ordeal was a headache. 3 stars.

Room Tip: No good views around the hotel--stairwell doors remain propped open and the lounge isn't monitor...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Sheraton_Parsippany, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Parsippany Hotel, responded to this review, 23 August 2012
Dear InNYfromGA -

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. While it seems that you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms and other features of our hotel, we would love to have the opportunity to discuss some of the other aspects of your experience in further detail. Our number one objective is to welcome you back to our hotel, so please feel free to contact me in the Executive Office at 973.560.5110.
MI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

I stayed here on 4 occasions in 2011 and I think I have a combined 8 hours of sleep from those nights.
The hotel is old. The bathrooms are small. Ther was a 2" wide dusst ring around the room where the vacuums woulnd't reach. The heater/ AC unit was ridiculously loud. The restaurant was a complete disappointment...bar food at it's worst. And when I asked to have my folio emailed to me, it never arrived...any of the times I requested it at the front desk. I always had to call back.

On a bright note, I complained on my 3rd stay, got 10k starpoints for my inconvenience, and was promised a better room on my next stay. That didn't happen so after my 4th stay, I switched to the Sheraton Mahwah (in spite of the 30+ mile inconvenience).

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank bvalentine002
Dear bvalentine002 -

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your stays with us last year. Our hotel just completed a renovation of our Living Room, Lobby, guestrooms, and guest corridors in May 2012. Sheraton’s goal is to ensure that all of our guests are taken care of while staying at our hotels and we would love to have the opportunity to welcome you back to experience our new product. Please feel free to contact me in the Executive Office at 973.560.5110 to discuss this further.
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

My husband and I and our two small children stayed at the Sheraton Parsippany for one night as we passed through the area. We thoroughly enjoyed our club level room and found the hotel at large to be updated and nicely appointed. The pool/workout areas were superior to others we have experienced in similarly rated hotels. Our one mild complaint, if we had one, was that the pool was closed for swim lessons from 6 - 7pm (Mondays thru Thursdays) and we didn't know this until we entered the pool area. Our room exhibited new furnishings and carpet and the bathroom was nice and clean. We visited the club lounge in the evening and the following morning. In the evening we made use of the Starbucks coffee machine and the computer station. In the morning, a nice complimentary breakfast was served and we were exceptionally blessed to be waited upon by a very gracious and accomodating Irish lady "Mary", who anticipated our childrens needs in a similar fashion to a waiter at a high-end restaurant. My son cried when we left and kept asking if we could go back to the "castle" again. We hope to return soon!

Dear browneyedgirl001 -

We are so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay in our recently renovated "Castle"! Thank you for your kind words about Mary in the Club Lounge. Our team works so hard and there is nothing better than getting recognized for that, and we look forward to passing on the word to her! We truly appreciate you taking the time to post your wonderful comments, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Castle again in the future!
The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

Rooms on exec floor are roomy and comfortable. Clean with good beds and windows that open. Exec lounge is small but very nice. Had a problem with shower in fist room so they moved me and made sure everything was ok.
Staff professional and friendly. Will certainly go back.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the exec floor as it seems these rooms have been renovated
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Sheraton_Parsippany, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Parsippany Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments. Our entire hotel has been recently renovated including the Lobby, Living Room, Guest Rooms, Club Level, and Club Lounge. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel, especially the room you had on our Club Level. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!