“Treated like a King”

Sheraton Parsippany Hotel
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I travel frequently for work. The Sheraton Parsippany (the locals call it "The Towers") is a great hotel. First, it looks like an English castle and sits next to a small lake. The rooms have been updated recently and are very nice. Bed was amazing with high-end linens. LOVED the work out facility. Club level was nice and amenities in line with expectations, but nothing remarkable.

Came here on bus trip. Had to stay separate from team as the other hotel was full. I was the lucky one. The front-desk clerk was extremely professional and welcoming. All personnel were very helpful and attentive, without being instrusive. All in all a great place and centrally located to the crowded Morristown / Parsippany 298 area of NJ.

Room Tip: Avoid the north end as it is close to I-80. All other rooms would be good.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Marshall B
Justin D, VIP coordinator at Sheraton Parsippany Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Hello Marshall B,

Thanks for a great review. We appreciate your recommendation and hope to see you return when you come back to our area.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed here with many problems. I paid for the club lounge and it was bad.

1) Bedsheets were unclean with hair on it
2) Large religious group at hotel were rude. They asked me to turn their lights on and when I did not they cursed me.
3) beds uncomfortable
4) Club breakfast had excessive buttery eggs with unpalatable greasy sausage links which made me sick.
5) dogs allowed in hotel. Maids need to clean better. My allergies were horrendous during my stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lee k
Justin D, VIP coordinator at Sheraton Parsippany Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Hello lee k,

Thank you for your review. I'm very sorry to hear of your negative experience. We do pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our hotel and I'm sorry to hear we fell short in regards to your room. I do apologize regarding our guests' behavior during your stay with us and I'm sorry if it created a negative perception of our hotel. We do have security on site so feel free to report that should that occur again.

With regard to the club food, I'm sorry to read that it was not up to your liking and your comments will be shared with our food and beverage team. We are a pet friendly hotel so I'm sorry it interfered with your allergies. We do ensure we clean rooms that have had a pet in it as thoroughly as possible and I'm sorry we did not to ensure a positive room experience.

If you'd like to discuss your experience further, feel free to connect with me at Justin.Drezner@sheraton.com. I look forward to assisting you should you contact me.

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

By far the worst sheraton I have stayed in. Booked two rooms. When I arrived the man at the front desk was very nice. But I could not understand him very well. After asking for two rooms that join I was told I get what I get. Once we got to our rooms the wife does her normal bed Checks for bed beds and such. No bed bugs but very dirty sheets on the lower sections. This is a 4 star hotel ? i would expect when you stay there wifi would be free not 9.99 a night . WiFi is free almost everywhere you go now time to get with the times management. Also I had such a late. Check in you would think they would not bother me with the do not disturb sign out. But of course the cleaning lady was banging on my door at 830 in the morning and when I opened the door she just stared at me and said something in a different language and walked away. Again worst stay of any sheraton ever maybe time to to start staying at hiltons.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank shawnuphold
Justin D, VIP Coordinator at Sheraton Parsippany Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Hello shawnuphold,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. I am very sorry we were not able to provide connecting rooms. These types of requests, while we do our best to accommodate, are based on availability at time of check-in. Unfortunately, we were sold out the evening you arrived and we only have a limited number of connecting rooms. Had we had connecting rooms available, we would have been more than happy to do so. I do apologize regarding the housekeeping team knocking on your door so early in the morning. That's something that can corrected by our housekeeping leadership. I would love to talk with you further as we want our guests to have a great experience when they stay with us. If you'd like to connect with me, my email is Justin.Drezner@sheraton.com.

Thank you again and we hope this experience won't deter you from giving us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The Sheraton Parsippany is a wonderful hotel with a great staff i highly recommend as a first choice hotel when traveling to that part of new jersey keep up the good job guys.i would just love to see the members of the gym/pool have a little bit more courtesy to the hotel guests when using the facilities.

Room Tip: Ask for the concierge level when booking
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jackmass1
Justin D, VIP coordinator at Sheraton Parsippany Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Hello Jackmass1,

Thanks for a great review. We certainly appreciate it and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed at the Sheraton Parsippany after our wedding and both the staff and the service were exceptional. The hotel is gorgeous and our room was extremely well designed. They thought of EVERYTHING! We will definitely return soon!!!

Melanie Jackson (Turner)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mel J

Hello Mel J,

Thank you for a great review and validating our customer service. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

In five years, we've attended an annual conference and have now stayed 5 weekends at this hotel. I've reviewed them before, but as we just checked out last Friday, I feel compelled to write another. First, let me say the hotel lobby is well appointed, and the in and outdoor pool areas are very adequate. The grounds grounds in the rear of the hotel are decent as well, with a large pond surrounded by a walking path, if you want to take a scenic stroll.

The problems I have with this Sheraton is the charges for everything! Wi-fi is $9.99/day. There's no mini fridge in the room, a standard in most hotels, but they'll gladly supply one for $15.00/day, There's a coffee machine in the room, but they charge you $4.00 if you drink the two spring waters! We've stayed on the club floor previously. You pay more, but they provide a complimentary breakfast and evening spread during the week. There's no free breakfast, not even continental if you're not a club floor customer! I might also add that another perk of the club floor rooms were the jacuzzi tubs, but during their "renovation" they removed all jetted tubs : (. Sounds like a downgrade to me, because what they've replaced them seem much more shallow.

Yes, the customer service is above par, but this Sheraton seems to be a bit money hungry for lack of better words, which is probably also why the SPG offers don't apply here : (

I'm sorry, I just expect more for the money. Every room should have a mini fridge and microwave as standard features, not paid upgrades. And the wifi should also be complimentary! We actually didn't stay the entire weekend and stayed next door at the Hyatt House for the duration instead. My advice, consider the Hyatt House. You get much more for you money!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Nasihah
Justin D, VIP Coordinator at Sheraton Parsippany Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Hello Nasihah,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am glad you enjoyed some aspects of your stay. I am very sorry you felt "nickle" and "dimed". We do offer complimentary wi-fi in the lobby and at the Link@Sheraton. Guests on the club floor are also provided complimentary internet access.

While we do not offer complimentary continental breakfast to all guests, we do provide the option of booking a rate that has breakfast included. Perhaps on your next visit, you may want to look into those rates.

Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

My daughter and I stayed at this Sheraton en route to NYC where she was moving for a job. We decided to stay there because of its close proximity to NYC and the fact that I could park my rented cargo van outside. We checked in at about 11:30 pm and were given a very nice room on the Club floor. The beds were very comfortable, the bathroom adequate, and the breakfast buffet on the Club floor was very nice. Two things kept me from giving the hotel an excellent rating. First, the $10 per night charge for WiFi is ridiculous. I have stayed in many equal or lesser hotels and have had free WiFi (including the Sheraton in Syracuse on the way home). Very cheap move by management that leaves a bad taste. Second, also on the cheap side, not being part of the Starwood 2nd Quarter promotion was a head scratcher.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Justin D, VIP coordinator at Sheraton Parsippany Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Hello SlickToronto,

My congrats to your daughter on landing a new job. We hope she finds success with that. I'm glad to read you had a comfortable stay. For the purpose of clarity, any guest who stays on the club floor gets complimentary wi-fi. If you could tell me what room you were in and the name on the reservation, I can check and see if you were incorrectly charged for it. My contact information is justin.drezner@sheraton.com. If there is anything else I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,