“Never again! From a 22 year Hilton Honors member.”
Review of Hilton Parsippany

Hilton Parsippany
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
GreenLeadersSilver level
Aptos, California
“Never again! From a 22 year Hilton Honors member.”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am a working corporate pilot and have approximately 10-15 hotel stays a month. I was in Parsippany for training at the CAE facility 2 miles from the Hilton.
The following is a copy of the review I sent Trip Advisor concerning my six night stay at the Hilton Parsippany New jersey:
I completed a six night stay at the Hilton Parsippany concluding April 2nd.

1. It took two trips and a phone call to the front desk to get the charges reduced to $179 from 189.00
I had to show to different reps at the from desk the email, from Hilton.com quoting $179 night price for my stay.
2. It took 10-15 minutes to get hot water in room 178 shower. Their maintenance man said it was normal.
3. When I complained about being awakened on two consecutive nights at 1:30 AM by a wedding party for over an hour. When I called the front desk, no action was TAKEN.
I guess I will staying at Marriott’s in the future.
Sincerely

Mark Gustavson
HH# 425905201

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Try a Marriott.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mark G
Jerry G, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Dear Mr. Gustavson
Thanks for the feedback. I apologize for the inconvenience, I am looking into the issues you raised, and since you provided your honors information we can continue our conversation off line and I will contact you directly by your profile information.

Jerry Galligan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We have stayed at the Parsippany -Hilton several times when we have to be in that part of New Jersey as they were dog friendly and house Ruth Chris Steak House, which was one of the point of the trip.
Unfortunately when we called to reserve this year we were told that they had a new manager who was dog unfriendly No dogs allowed.
Obviously this manager’s outlook spread to being unfriendly to warm rooms, hot water as and a responsive front desk.
It is absolutely incredible, when you call the front desk of a Hilton to say that the heat in the room does not work, on a cold March day, they tell you; well, the heat has been shut off for the season. Maintenance finally brought a space heater, as it was 30 degrees outside.
Then when not hot water would come into the room maintenance told us; well this is a low occupancy weekend and you are in the area furthest from the boiler, so we will run the water in the adjacent bathrooms to get you the water more quickly.
I imagine that a YMCA s more comfortable.
There was no heat anywhere in the hotel and we were cold for 2 days, even at dinner at Ruth Chris.
The unfriendliness also spread to our request for late check out. As we were staying for a very early dinner we asked if we could extend our 2 rooms for a late checkout but were told; not past 2. Dinner was at 4. We asked if we could extend until 4 if we paid for a half day; a common request. We were informed that that was fine but at the much higher Sunday night rate; not the weekend rate which we were paying.
My final word on the weekend: Never Again!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank venamo
Jerry G, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Dear Venamo;
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am dog friendly, unfortunatley most of our guests do not appear to be, and since we can not confine our "dog" rooms to a certain areas of the hotel many guests were reporting alergies so we had to balance the needs of a few guest against the comfort of many when the policy was revised last year. I apologize about the control issue with the heat/air conditioning. This winter's mild weather made it very difficult to ensure a comfortable setting for all guests all the time. With some days more like May and then others more like winter it was difficult to keep up with the weather as it is a several hours long process to move between heat and air conditioning. I can not tell from your review if you asked to speak with the manager on duty who I am sure could have been effective in resolving your issues on the spot, we are disappointed when a guest leaves frustrated and unsatisfied. Please feel free to give me a call so we can discuss your specific issues. I appreciate the feedback.
GM Hilton Parsippany

Travellers are raving about these Parsippany hotels

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 18 March 2012

This is the type of hotel class I would stay at if I would be paying out of my own pocket. Rooms are renovated, but some things were questionably omitted, like the doorknobs. In any case, I got upgraded on my one night stay, my room was giant, quiet and the bed was comfortable.
All I could really ask for. The company I work for did over pay, even for the upgraded room, but there were several conferences in the area and we all understand supply and demand.

As other reviewers have commented, you can use the main Hilton amenities for your stay.

The shining star in my stay was the front desk clerk. I stay in at least 4 hotels a month and by far, in all (I believe her name was Susanna) was the single best experience I have ever had from a desk clerk, checking in, and on going for my stay. She could not reach the housekeeping staff to verify that my room was ready so she ran up and checked herself. The taxi that I called was 30 mins late and any tine she had a free second, she called the company and even stood by me outside in the freezing cold without a jacket. I hope the management realizes what a jem they have on their hands! Thanks!

Room Tip: All are basically the same, no view in any room.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Jerry G, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Dear amtiza,
Thanks so much for taking the time from your busy day to compliment your stay at the Hilton/Hampton complex. Thanks so much for expressing your appreciation for the
services provided by Sussana. We are very lucky to have her on our team, she is so service oriented and dedicated. We know our guests have a choice when selecting their hotels and we know that it is through our dedicated team members that they will return. I hope we get to
meet the next time you are in the area so I can express my appreciation for your comments.
Thanks, and safe travels
VP/GM
Somerset, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Nothing spectacular, it was a decent stay. Breakfast was decent and the internet seemed a little slow. But beyond that, nothing really else to remember.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Fred C
Jerry G, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Dear FredC
Thank you so much for providing a review of the property, and was glad to see you thought your stay was "ok". I am truly only delighted when we exceed someone's expectations. Please call or send me an e-mail on what I could do to make your next stay even more comfortable and to exceed your expectations.
I appreciate the opportunity to be of service, and hope you will return again.
Jerry Galligan GM
jerry.galligan@hilton.com
cedar grove
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Stayed President's weekend 1 night. Hotel started off Great but Fell apart due to lack of concern over crowd and noise conditions. Pool was Not usable past 4 PM because a pool that holds 21 was overcrowded with at least 50 people and no room to even stand let alone swim. the Noise levels on the 4th flor 'HHonors' rooms was HORRIBLE - ZERO SoundProofing in these rooms. Guest running up/down halls and atrium and yelling, slaming doors . Calls to front desk were met with 'we're doing the best we can' -- pretty much its too bad its noisy. Young kids were not able to sleep past midnight and also wer shut out of using the POOL because of the overcrowding conditions. one group must have had over 70 people monopolized the Hotel.

Good you got some sales from this group as you now lose our business as long time Hilton members due to lack of control on this property and concern for all guests !

Room Tip: ALL ROOMS WILL BE NOISY AS THEY HAVE NO SOUND INSULATION. At least the front of the units. Hotel l...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank lmcs1
Dear IMCS1
Thank you for providing feedback from your stay on President's weekend. This hotel is the site for the largest chess tournement on the East Coast that weekend, and as you indicated the hotel was busy from this group which brings in competition from around the world and in all age groups from grammar school to professional adults. I am sorry that this made it difficult to enjoy the pool and other amenities. The hotel provided managers on duty and securtity around the clock and so I apologize that you still experienced this issue. Please feel free to give me a call so I can review the specifics of your stay.
Jerry Galligan GM
jerry.galligan@hilton.com
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Not a bad room and the bed was good. But the room was hot and the temp is not controled from the room.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear eelSeattle;
Thanks for your note regarding your recent stay. I apologize that the breakfast staff did not deliver the omellette you ordered in a timely manner. If you could use my e-mail address below to send me additional information I would appreciate that so we can make the improvements to that service. The Olive dining room is closed on the weekend, however Ruth's Chris Prime Steakhouse located in the Lobby, Splash Lounge located in the Atrium and Room service offers lunch and dinner on the weekends from 11am- 11pm; and Ruth Chris from 5pm-11pm. Thank you for your kind feedback about the rest of the hotel staff, it is a pleasure to be of service.
Jerry Galligan/GM jerry.galligan@hilton.com
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 9 February 2012

When I think of a Hilton, there are some basic expectations which come to mind. Besides a place to sleep, I expect a cafe-type restaurant. In fact, they do have one except they do not open it for dinner on weekends! Not even sure about lunch. I understand trying to control costs, especially since the hotel appeared basically empty. But disclose this information on the hotel's page of the Hilton website. They did serve a buffet breakfast which consisted of typical Hilton fare. And the manager offered an omelet, which I ordered...eggwhites with ham, tomatoes, mushrooms and green onions. Unfortunately, I had completely finished the other buffet items I had selected like fruit, danish, sausage, bacon, etc. long before the omelet arrived. Actually, since there were only two other tables being served, the waiters and assistants were already too busy tearing down the buffet to bring my food. I finally had to ask my waiter if they were hatching the eggs before he apologized, said the food had been waiting but he had not recalled it was for me when he had been walking past the omelet in the kitchen numerous times! Maybe it's good that they had not been open for dinner after all. So plan ahead and buy your own food from off property unless you are prepared to sit for dinner in their "Splash Lounge" or want to go to the pricey Ruth's Chris on property which they highly recommended :-) Aside from the "restaurant" personnel, the hotel staff were friendly and otherwise efficient. When I arrived to check-in, the process was seamless and fast. But maybe it was just because there were three employees on the desk...and no guests to check in. Perhaps they should move a few to their cafe and open it! I don't think it's specifically the fault of the owner(s)...probably their management company reducing costs to justify their existence. They definitely cut the cost related to having me as a guest...permanently. I will never return.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo