“This property has 2 buildings, a motel-like building and a...”

Days Inn Parsippany
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Susan C, Supervisor at Days Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Reviewed 25 December 2013

1  Thank Michael L

Reviewed 23 December 2013

1  Thank Jessica S

Reviewed 14 December 2013

It was my first time staying at this hotel. The room was a little bit small but it was clean and comfortable. Free wifi and breakfast were both included. During my stay, internet worked ok! I'm grateful that hotel staff, Duglas, was very helpful! He saw me moving my heavy luggage and helped me out. Next time, if I will go to NJ, I will still choose to stay at this hotel!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you, Iris, for taking the time to write this review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was able to assist you with your luggage.
Our goal is to provide the best customer service possible so your feedback is greatly appreciated.
We hope to have the chance to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed 9 December 2013

when first checked in at 1a.m the room was nasty hair all over the place, there was a big crack in the sealing about the stairs, the front desk wouldn't let me use the phone, the place is old! hallway carpet was nasty , the towels they had you could see through them old old old towels, when i got back home there was a $107.00 dollar charge and i called asked what that was for they said there was stain on the pillow case. Pillow case that cost $107 dollars wow *rip offs* ,i hope the use the $107 to buy some new towels

if you like to get ripped off this place is for you!

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 651newyork
Susan C, Supervisor at Days Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you for your staying with us and for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We appreciate guest feedback and use it improve our customer service and make our guests' stays as comfortable and pleasant as possible.
It is upsetting to hear that you had such a negative experience at our hotel.
Firstly, I do apologize on behalf of our housekeeping staff that you found hairs in the bathroom. It is not our hotel's policy to leave the rooms anything less than spotless. If you return for another stay, please let our Front Desk know next time, so that they may have the chance to move you to a more suitable room.
Secondly, regarding use of the Lobby telephone, I will remind our Front Desk agents that all guests are allowed access to the phone for Local out-going calls. However, all long-distance calls can be made from each individual room for an additional charge.
Thirdly, as we explained to you before, the $107.00 charge was not for 1 pillow case. The charges are related to 3 King-size bed sheets, 2 large bath towels, 1 King-size pillow case and 1 King-size mattress pad in your room that were stained with blood. Because of the blood stains, they were no longer usable and had to be discarded by our housekeeping staff. It is not our hotel's policy to reuse bloodied items as it poses a serious health hazard for our future guests.
If you would like to discuss this matter with me any further, you can contact me at 973-335-0200.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I had checked into a TERRIBLE hotel (Econolodge) not far from this one and the Days Inn saved me by being able to accommodate me so late at night. The only somewhat negative things I can say about this hotel is that the decor is outdated... in the room and in the public areas.. Also.. a few of the desk clerks probably need to be put in a different department or shuffled off to a new career. The young Asian lady and the 2 young Asian men I encountered were very helpful and pleasant. The older Asian man who was on Night Audit was asleep at the front desk one of the times I went to get change for the vending machine. The older lady wasn't bad but she wasn't really good either. Being a hotel GM, I know the challenges that a hotel can face and this property is doing the best with what they have. My sheets and towels were clean but old.. The room was spotless, everything worked properly, I actually had hot water in the shower with good water pressure and there is a FANTASTIC restaurant in their parking lot. Red Stone Tavern... I highly recommend it! Jennifer, Paul and William are awesome.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Susan C, Supervisor at Days Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be used to continue with our mission to make our guests' stays as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
I would like to apologize on behalf of the front-desk. It is not our hotel's policy to tolerate this type of behavior. I have personally spoken with the night auditor and front-desk agent. They have assured me that no future guests will have the same unpleasant experience.
Again, thank you for choosing the Days Inn of Parsippany. We hope to have the chance to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 4 December 2013