“A decent hotel for the price and location”

Days Inn Parsippany
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
New York City, New York
“A decent hotel for the price and location”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I needed a place in Parsippany on a short notice so I booked this hotel. I made sure to get a deluxe room so I was in the newer section of the hotel and it was exactly what I needed. Wifi coverage was great, breakfast was alright (waffle maker!) and staff were pretty friendly. Room was clean and shower worked well. It's close enough to Manhattan that driving there was pretty easy.

Room Tip: Get a deluxe room to be in the newer section of the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Brian K, General Manager at Days Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you, Ky, for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. It is a pleasure to hear that you had such a positive experience with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our Daybreak Breakfast and that our Deluxe Room met your expectations!

Your feed back is very important to us and helps us with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service to all of our guests.

We hope to see you soon and have the opportunity to serve you again. Best wishes!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel on the July 4th weekend. Overall...The room was not fancy but comfortable and clean. What my family and I enjoyed the most was the great service provided by the breakfast server, Douglas. That Sunday, we woke up late and the breakfast was closing. He still let us make waffles. We really appreciated that he kept asking us if we still want more milk, juice or fruit. Even though it passed the breakfast time, he still did the same for us! It's a great customer service!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Brian K, General Manager at Days Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you, Gia, for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. It is a pleasure to hear that you had such a positive experience with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our Daybreak Breakfast!

Bradenton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My husband and I stayed there for three nights from June 30, 2014 to July 3, 2014. We were in room 128 in the newer building.

We stay in the area because my medical specialist is there and I have to travel to NJ to get my treatments for my RSD.

We have stayed at other hotels in this area and this has been the best yet. The room was comfortable and clean. We checked in a bit early (about 1pm) and the employee checking us in was very friendly. She was very knowledgeable. I needed a room that didn't require walking far. I have a wheelchair which I sometimes use. I also have a cane which I mostly use. I have chronic pain and cannot walk up stairs.

The breakfast was very nice. My husband had a waffle and I had hot oatmeal with raisins and brown sugar. Yum! The only thought I had for the breakfast was that it would have been nice to have water available. I am not keen on juices but my husband had the orange and said it was good.

The housekeepers were also great. We needed more than the standard 2 towels and then gave us extras. I shower in the evening (after my treatment) and in the morning (before my next treatment) and my evening towel doesn't have a chance to dry.

The TV was also great. There were a good many channels including HGTV. The remote worked perfectly. The beds were very firm. I slept on pillows (there were plenty) placed under my body to cushion my joints. But again, I have a lot of pain issues. My husband didn't have a problem at all.

We bring a white noise machine with us whenever we travel which helps drown out any sound. We didn't notice a lot of noise though.

The microwave and fridge was perfect and allowed us to make a few of our own meals.

The only "problems" (which wasn't a big deal honestly) was that the shower was touchy. The pressure was great but we either got cold water or burning hot water. You barely had to touch it before it changed between the two.

We will stay here again. For this price range, this is a great hotel. Is it a 5-star resort? No. But it is clean and the employees are friendly. We didn't see a single bug.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mellissarose
Brian K, Supervisor at Days Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you, Melissa, for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. It is a pleasure to hear that you had such a positive experience with us.

Our Management Staff have also thought about adding water as an option for breakfast and are currently working on a way to fit it into our budget.

With regards to your shower, please accept our apologies. Our Maintenance Staff is currently looking into a quick, effective solution for this as it is not our first complaint regarding water temperature.

We hope to see you soon and have the opportunity to serve you again. Best wishes and get well soon!
Urbana, Ohio
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The new addition is very nice and clean, all modern rooms and interior entrance to rooms, the original rooms are older with out side entrances (cheaper rates too). There is also a Fuddruckers onsite and a McDonalds and gas station/convenience store within walking distance.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you, Scott, for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. It is a pleasure to hear that you had such a positive experience with us.

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

All I care about in a hotel is cleanliness and yes, it's very clean.
Mini fridge and microwave in the room which is great.
Receptionist was friendly and helpful.
I'm yet to check out the complimantry breakfast tomorrow.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Thank you, Rhodayna, for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. It is a pleasure to hear that you had such a positive experience with us. We hope you enjoyed our complimentary Daybreak Breakfast!