“Good as always”

Price range: US$15 - US$20
Garfield, New Jersey
“Good as always”
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Went here tonight for my Mom's birthday. This was the first time that I've been here that the place wasn't packed. I had a really good veal dish, and as always the portion was so huge I had enough left for another meal. Our waitress worked hard but it took a long time to get our meal, and the parking lot is really small so I don't know where you would park on a busy night.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank uncleyankeemike

Clifton, New Jersey
“Still great after all thees years....”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I don't know why but we have not been to E&V's for about 7 or 8 years. Decided to go back tonight and it was just as terrific as always. They didn't miss a beat. We ordered the house salad special which had roasted peppers, mozzarella and prosciutto, tomatoes, lettuce, artichoke hearts in an oil and vinegar dressing. While waiting for our dinners the waiter gave us a dish of potatoes and hot italian peppers on the house! Nice touch and they were very good. For our entree's, my wife and I had the shrimp Fra Diavalo over linguine. Hers was mild and mine extra spicy. The dishes came out looking and tasting just as we remembered. Lots of sauce which make reheating leftovers nice and moist... The Sangria is a bargain. We ordered the pitcher of Red Sangria for $15.00 and could only drink 3/4 of the pitcher.. Tasted great also... Definitely give them a try... Eduardo.. Check out my pics...

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank EduardoOfClifton
Paterson, New Jersey
“Lunch”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Very nice place. I have eaten lunch there several times. The daily lunch special are great and priced right. Only down fall they do not take credit cards.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Pammie1971
Lancaster, PA
“Much Food, Poor Quality”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

The place is a good reason to patronize a chain. The portions are very large and the prices are reasonable. The veal parmigiana was covered in mushy bread crumbs. The marinara sauce was not to my liking. Service was adequate. No credit cards were accepted.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Tasteful1974
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
“Poorly cooked pasta, aggressive salad, ghost waiters.”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Ordered the dish of the day (Tuesday) Linguine with seafood. The only thing missing was the carboard package from the linguine, served totally under cooked.
The poor excuse was that most of the clients like the pasta "al dente" obviously an opinion not good enough for a 71 years old Italian that learned to eat pasta before saying "Mama".
There is a difference between "raw" and "al dente".
The salad was served dripping water from the faucet and with so much vinegar that one day later I am still crying.
The service was so sporadic that I asked for the Payroll list to verify that my waiter was still working there.
This is the place for wannabe Italians, that call large uninspired portions a good meal, and willing to take what they serve you and pretend that they enjoy it. Stay away.
Huguito