“awesome food, slow service”

Griselda's Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 210 Restaurants in Paterson
Cuisines: Seafood, Peruvian
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Griselda's food is delicious. The servings are huge, but I couldn't stop myself from finishing my plate, because it was so tasty. Of course, I stuffed afterwards. My problem with this restaurant, is that you better bring someone spanish speaking with you, otherwise you will be lost. The few times I went there, our waitress spoke limited english and kind of hard to order. We did manage with little bit of effort from both sides and it was totally worth it. I would definitelly recommend it and hopefully I will have a chance to visit it again.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

This is the perfect place to go if you are looking for some authentic and seriously delicious Peruvian dishes. It's not the ideal place for a date unless your date wants some homestyle Peruvian food and is not worried about a restaurant with nice decor. The parking is not that great. If you find a place to park, it will most likely be at a meter.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

We were visiting Paterson Falls on a freezing cold day, and popped in here to get some hot food. We weren't familiar with most of the menu, so our waitress helped us out and gave us great recommendations. I got an amazing seafood soup, my companions got a paella and seafood cau cau. We had the chachi morada and also the purple corn pudding/rice pudding mix. The guys tried the cocktails too. Other patrons were making their suggestions to us as well--apparently I have to try the Cristal beer next time! It had a very local vibe, but everyone made us feel right at home--we will definitely be going back.

Reviewed 16 January 2013

Had lunch here with a friend. The selection is broad, food is wonderful and the servings are very generous, bordering on huge. Lots of families, informal atmosphere. Not inexpensive but well worth it.

Reviewed 24 October 2012

We were a little nervous when we walked into Griselda's for lunch - as tourists - because I have some food allergies and the diner-style atmosphere made me think I wouldn't be able to find anything on the menu to order. However, the first thing I noticed was that it was very clean, and the beautifully embroidered table-cloth under the glass-top said this was a place where the owners cared. The nearly all-Spanish menu meant we needed help deciding what to order, and I was glad, because when my son ordered pork fried rice, the waitress suggested I try the seafood fried rice. It came on a platter that could have fed two people. Piled high with crab, boiled shrimp, squid, and clams, it was fresh and excellent! My son really liked his pork fried rice and he’s very picky. My husband ordered a steak that came topped with two eggs, plantains, french fries and a little cucumber and lettuce (to make it not look so much like a "heart attack on a plate." He said his was good - but mine was definitely the best! Considering our trip to Paterson, NJ was followed by a few days in NYC eating at some of the city’s best restaurants… and I am still thinking about my lunch at Griselda’s… I think that says it all. It was restaurant and not diner prices - but well worth it. Will have to park elsewhere and walk.

1  Thank wendyscot