“Well executed Hampton Inn, convenient”

Hampton Inn Pennsville
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Pennsville
Reviewed 24 June 2013

A well executed Hampton Inn - clean, quiet, comfortable, unpretentious. Easy access from interstate. Ridiculously easy walk to Applebee's, Cracker Barrel and some fast food. Outside pool area looked nice, though I did not use it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Hampton Inn Pennsville, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Hi James H,

We are glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time with us. Now that you know how easy Interstate access is, plus all of the dining options within walking distance of the Hampton Inn Pennsville, we hope that you come back and stay with us, but this time get to enjoy our beautiful outdoor pool!

Sunny Summer Travels to you!

Reviewed 23 June 2013

I decided to begin a recent long weekend with an overnight stay at the Hampton Inn in Pennsville, N.J. and it's a decision I'm glad I made. The hotel was immediately appealing from the outside. I was greeted by the desk clerk, a pleasant young lady, and we chatted about the recent changes to the lobby/breakfast area (which looks great by the way). My room was very clean - as was the rest of the hotel - and large. I really appreciated and enjoyed the recliner in the room. Many hotels don't realize the importance of having a comfortable chair in a room. Not everyone wants to sit in bed to read and watch television.

I slept very well and enjoyed an invigorating shower the next morning. The bathroom was a good size and had lots of counter space. I may have been traveling solo, but I appreciated the fact that I could spread out my toiletries and not have to be concerned they would get wet.

Breakfast (included with the price of room) was delicious. There was cold and hot cereal, fresh fruit, eggs, sausage, waffles ... lots of good stuff. I found a cozy little table, but there were several tables which accommodated families. Hotel employees were constantly checking to make sure there was plenty of food for their guests, and kept the breakfast area clean. I was certainly not hungry when I went back to my room.

Check-out was a breeze, and although i looked forward to the next leg of my trip, i hated to leave. I think that the next time I go away, I'll start AND end my trip at the Hampton Inn in Pennsville, N.J.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms on upper floors because they are generally quieter. My room at the Hampton Inn was n...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for staying with us, we're honored to receive your 5-star review! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the new look of our lobby. I'm happy you slept well in your spacious and comfortable guestroom, but am happy to report that we will be renovating our rooms this year as well, which we're really excited about. It's our pleasure to offer a large spread for our complimentary breakfast buffet, and I'm glad you saw the value in it. We're excited to be the first and last stop on your next trip, and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 12 June 2013

One stays at a Hampton expecting a level of service, a quality of facility that one gets accustomed to across the country. Clearly while the facility is at the Hampton standard, the operations leave something to be desired. Perhaps management is new... perhaps management is old... I'm not sure which, but time will tell if things get better - or worse.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Edmond B

Hi,

Firstly, thank you for your support to the Hampton Brand. It sounds like you travel often and are familiar with our brand standards.

In regards to your comment regarding our management, you are partially correct. Our ownership company has owned and managed that property for the past 14 years. We do have a new GM in place who we stand behind and support fully. If your recent stay was not up to par because of changes in operations, please know that we would like to do whatever is possible to make the situation right. Please email our General Manager at shawn.fair@hilton.com.

Hope to see you again, so that we can really WOW you!

Safe summer travels.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

What a wonderful place to stay. Very appealing , clean, The staff was wonderful, especially, Brandi, the desk clerk, always with a wonderful smile and a great personality , The best I have ever came across.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Hampton Inn Pennsville, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

We're so glad to hear that your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Pennsville was filled with hamptonality! I'll be sure to pass along your kind comments to Brandi, she will be extremely pleased that she made your stay a great one!

Reviewed 10 June 2013

I have stayed at a lot of hotels in NJ, this Hampton in is the best I have found. I had the best nights sleep in a long time and would highly recommend this hotel. All of the staff were extremely nice, and the location is perfect.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for choosing Hampton when you're on the road for business. We appreciate the great kudos, but more importantly, we're happy that we can provide a quiet place in a great location with great service where you sleep well and always enjoy the comfort of your stay.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

The room was clean , staff was friendly, the lobby looked great and we enjoyed our breakfast. Service was great as always and whenever we are in this general area we always stay at this Hampton in. Hampton is also our preferred stay in other areas.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I'm excited to hear that you enjoyed our new lobby! We enjoy the space just as much as our guests do. It's our pleasure to deliver great service and great amenities everyday so that our guests know what to expect when they stay with us. Thank you for your Hampton loyalty, we'll see you again soon I'm sure!

Reviewed 2 June 2013

We stayed here one nigh on our way up the east coast. It is conveniently located near the highway. We found the staff to be quite nice and helpful. The rooms were typical Hampton Inn - not large, but just right for our family of four. Clean, comfortable and just what we needed after a full day of traveling.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for spending the night with your family. We're glad you all got a comfortable and restful sleep in your standard Hampton guestroom after a long day of travel. We hope you'll visit again on your next family trip!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pennsville
Super 8 Pennsville/Wilmington
Comfort Inn & Suites Carney's Point
9 mi away
Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Bridgeport
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Swedesboro Logan Township

Been to Hampton Inn Pennsville? Share your experiences!