“OK room, but Fire department Kept me awake half the night”

Hampton Inn Pennsville
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Pennsville
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Room was OK but the staff gives you a pack of popcorn when you check in. Bad idea as the idiots on my floor burnt the stuff and set off the smoke detector and smoked the place up. Of course the fire department came and everyone was slamming doors and running around. When I called the front desk and asked what was going on and would we need to evacuate they put me on hold. I hung up and they finally called me back and said stay put. When I checked out in the morning all I got was a mumbled sorry and after I mentioned they might want to re-think the popcorn thing she wanted to argue with me about what set off the smoke detectors... believe me I know what the hell burnt microwave popcorn smells like.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Hampton Inn Pennsville, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Hi Glenn, Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention and thank you for doing a good service in offering your suggestions to our front desk. We do give gifts upon arrival to some guests checking in, which is meant to be a wow or a kind thought of appreciation. We don't always give popcorn, sometimes, it's Oreo's or granola bars, but I'm sorry that this small token of appreciation had to keep you up all night. We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff. Again, we sincerely apologize for all of the inconveniences. We hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Another great visit! Great staff, clean rooms! Never disappoints us! I have been in the hotel business for 34 years and can be very critical. This hotel is wonderful. We stay here every year just for a little get away. Top notch in my book. Thanks again for a much needed mini-vacation! Looking forward to next years stay with you!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

We cannot thank you enough for staying with us again! It's nice to get feedback from others in the industry. We sincerely value your opinion. It's our pleasure to always deliver great service and cleanliness at affordable rates. Thank you so much for staying with us and for sharing your experience with our past and future guests. Here's to many more years of visits with you that we promise will be filled with hamptonality!

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Highly recommend this hotel, room, staff, breakfast was all a "10". Restaurants within walking distance, gas stations. Over the Del. Mem. Bridge is a casino, huge shopping mall and then the return back to the room was heavenly and soo comfortable & clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your 5 star review! We sincerely appreciate your kind comments and cannot wait to share them with the team! Great reviews validate our hard work. We love to hear when we put smiles on our guests faces and make them feel comfortable when they stay with us. Thank you for valuing the comfort and convenience that we provide, but most of all thank you for staying with us and sharing your kind comments with the Trip Advisor community.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

We only needed to the room for one night as we were passing through, and could’ve stayed at any of the hotels/motels in the area. I chose the Pennsville Township Hampton Inn, mostly to get HiltonHonors points, but also because I know that Hampton Inn stands for quality. This location was no exception. The room was quiet and comfortable. The bed was almost like sleeping at home. The breakfast was very good…lots of options. Check-in and check-out were hassle-free, with courteous attendants to ensure the stay was pleasant. Will defintely choose this hotel again, if ever in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Hampton Inn Pennsville, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hampton Inn Pennsville! We know how valuable those Hilton Honors Points are! At the Hampton Inn Pennsville we pride ourselves on award-winning and quality service because our guest deserve it. I'm glad you enjoyed your guestroom with the comfortable Hampton Bed Experience, our complimentary breakfast, and hassle-free check in and check out with a staff full of hamptonality!

Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

First I want to say we stayed here two weeks ago with no issue's. Upon check end the clerk said they did not have the non smoking double qe res we reserved and wanted us teo take a smoking double. Of course we refused, then she offered a king for more than the double. After some heated discussion we funally got the king at the same rate. All I have to say is that hilton honners will be getting a call in the morning. We've stayed in 14 Hampton inns in the last30 days and fet this kind of hassale.

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear Ben, Thank you for staying with us again. I completely understand the inconvenience you experienced upon checking in and I'm sorry for the frustration you felt. Although we could not get you into the room type you wanted, I'm glad that you were able to receive a fair rate for the room you stayed in. Thank you so much for your loyalty to the Hampton Brand and the Hilton Honors program. We never want to inconvenience our guests and hope that you can accept our sincerest apologies. If you have any other concerns or would like to speak to our General Manager please email him at Shawn.Fair@hilton.com.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 July 2013

There is no doubt that I would stay at this hotel again in the future. I also had friends staying that the same time and we all shared the same opinion of this hotel and it's employees. This is a very well maintained hotel. With an excellent, well-trained and personable staff. I have absolutely no reservations about recommending this hotel to friends and business associates.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Hampton Inn Pennsville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

We are more than pleased to hear that you and your friends had an enjoyable stay with us. Our staff enjoys meeting new people, so we love having big groups in house! Thank you for noting our attention to detail and upkeep. We are an older hotel, but do our best to renovate and make improvements as we go, to keep up with the flow of business. We believe our guests deserve updated and well kept spaces! We look forward to sharing your review with our award-winning staff and can't wait for your next visit!

Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

This hotel is clean, the staff is friendly and helpful if need be. We come to this hotel frequently when we visit wildwood and family In salem. I think it is a convienent location. Pool is clean and a good time. Staff is concerned about guests needs if there is a problem with something being not clean. Very nice complimentary breakfast ! We of course will be back next time we visit New Jersey :) thanks Hampton inn pennsville we had a wonderful experience

• Stayed: July 2013
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Hampton Inn Pennsville, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Thank you for coming back to visit us on your recent trip to the area, we always look forward to having you here. Thank you for noting our clean rooms, nice breakfast, great staff, and great location. And we're so happy you had some time to enjoy our outdoor pool! Great guests with hamptonality make it easy to provide over the top service. Thank you for your review, we sincerely appreciate your comments and look forward to your next trip to the NJ area!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pennsville
Super 8 Pennsville/Wilmington
Comfort Inn & Suites Carney's Point
9 mi away
Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Bridgeport
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Swedesboro Logan Township

Been to Hampton Inn Pennsville? Share your experiences!