“Fun-Filled Afternoon”

Delaware River Railroad Excursions
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun-Filled Afternoon”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My son is all "Thomas" all day and night. He even talks to us in his "Thomas" or "James" or whichever train he is most into that day's voice. And if we don't address him as said train ... Well let's just say he let's it known we aren't doing it correctly. We attended the Day Out with Thomas last year and he had a blast! Looking forward to attending this year!!

1 Thank afrueholz

New Jersey
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great train experience for kids!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We did the Dinosaur Train ride last year, and my 3-year old had a blast! The train rides for about 20-25 minutes along the Delaware, with scenic views of the river on one side, and steep cliffs or lush forests on the other.
The ride ended at the Susquehanna Mine station, where we got off the train, and had one hour to enjoy the Nature Trackers Activity Area until the next train came to take us back (you could stay longer, since return trips were not booked by the hour). There were lots of activities for kids, all included in the ticket price: An inflatable obstacle course, face painting and temporary tattoos, a sandbox area where kids could dig for dinosaur bones, armed with shovels and brushes, a dinosaur show and more. There was also a snack bar and a small shopping area for show-related products.
My kid totally loved the trip, and by the look on their faces, all the other kids did too!
My full review is here: http://shorevacations.wordpress.com/2013/08/18/riding-the-dinosaur-train-along-the-delaware-river/

2 Thank chrisuletz
Vernon, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A nice ride along the Delaware”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I rode behind the steam engine on Fathers' Day. Fathers were able to ride free so I took my whole family. It was nice to have open window to hear the steam train. I was impressed that the NYSWT&HS is mostly of volunteers who run the trains. We also enjoyed watching a freight train while waiting for our train.. We had a very nice day.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Chris M
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Polar express, easter bunny train”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Great overall experience, if i were to do either of these again hands down POLAR EXPRESS is the ticket. Kids loved it people were great looking forward to a day out with thomas hopefully soon

Visited December 2013
2 Thank brian d
Belvidere, New Jersey
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fun for Thomas fans big and small!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

My daughter loves Thomas and this was a special treat for her. Even though it ended up to be the hottest day of the summer, she had a smile on her face all day. Lots of activities and fun for kids. Going again this year.

1 Thank KathiG727