“Bed bugs”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Phillipsburg
philippsburg,nj
“Bed bugs”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This hotel is infested with bed bugs the heaters are terrible. the manager is rude the bedding looks like it was never changed,it looked to me like bodily fluids on the sheets and the rooms smell like wet dog i highly recommend you do not stay here this place shoyld be condemned

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank chuck916
AYARSH, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
To claim we are infested with bedbugs is hurtful and impossible. We take bedbugs very seriously as well as the health department. We would not be in business if we were infested with bed bugs. If you did not enjoy your stay with us or we were simply not what you had hoped for, please do not show your disappointment by trying to hurt our business. We have a wonderful housekeeping director that checks our housekeeping team to make sure we have clean, quality rooms for our guests... and that everyone feels at home here. We are a new brand here at the property and are making improvements everyday to ensure happy guests. As you can tell by several other reviews, people are enjoying our customer service, rooms AND our coffee! We are sorry that we were not able to please you. Maybe one day you will want to give us another try.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Drummondville, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 6 January 2013

We should have gone to the next exit. The corridors reeked of cigarette smoke even in the no smoking sections. People partied all night(Wednesday), the yard was full of empties. The upstairs shower sounded like it was right in our room.Lost a nights sleep on our way to Florida.This completely ruined the good impression I had of Americas Best Value even the price was outrageous, over $100. for one bad night...

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Peter J

Travellers are raving about these Phillipsburg hotels

Phillipsburg, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 December 2012

My family and I were displaced due to hurricain Sandy. We have been staying at this hotel a few weeks now due to lack of other options. If it were not for us having small children, I would much rather sleep in my car than this hotel. None of them speak English well here if at all. The woman here that checks the rooms comes everyday after my kids eat, says the floor is disgusting, then calls DYFS on us. It is much more added stress than we need right now. I am not allowed to have a friend come say hi or visit past 10pm (because I may have a party in here with 4 young sleeping kids). We are not allowed to put bags of garbage outside our room. When I asked for a list of any other rules so we do not break them I was given attitude and told it's common sence. I am not sure how it is when I hear people running up and down the halls all hours of the night and everyone leaves their garbage outside their doors in the morning. I often walk down the hall and smell drugs and other smoke. I've seen cases of beer cans left out in front of people's doors in the mornings. It really is not a very good quality hotel. We were given a very small fridge that was very dirty. We had to ask several times for the fridge before they finally gave us one. The television in our room would not work but luckily we had our own and hooked it up. The internet goes out for days at a time and is very inconvenient since I do my college work online. Over-all I would not reccomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Chipmunk5369
Bloomsbury, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 November 2012

We spent two nights here during Hurricane Sandy. The property looked like the grass had not been moved in at least two months. Lobby was not all that clean and run down. There was a machine for hot chocolate, but for a fee of $1.00. Was charged the entire four nights' reservation on my credit card, with assurance I would be refunded if we did not use all four nights. They did bring a mini fridge and microwave as requested; however, the fridge was much smaller than normal hotel models and was "icky" dirty as was the microwave. I wiped down the entire room surfaces with Handi-Wipes and we took the bedspreads off the beds; ended up not sleeping under the covers. On check-out, there was no power, so it was understandable they could not process my refund right then; however, two weeks passed and I had to call and "jump through hoops" to get them to process the credit. This place served its purpose for being a sturdy building through Hurricane Sandy but I certainly would NOT recommend it. It has a local reputation of being a "rent by the hour" place and it certainly lived up to that reputation. Much of the staff did not speak English very well, if at all.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank TxYellowRose2012
Reviewed 29 September 2012 via mobile

Worth the money of you need an overnight stay at a reasonably priced hotel. I stayed there back in the day when it was another brand with a bad reputation and its obvious the current management cares about what they are up to.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank RespectIsEarned
Reviewed 24 September 2012

The room was clean & comfortable. Was also quiet despite the huge double glass sliding doors.

Coffee was EXCELLENT !! Breakfast could have been better (cold cereal & toast). When I asked if fruit was available, Rakesh (great employee) said they used to provide fruit, but it spoiled before customers used it.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank ICJesus
AYARSH, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 1 October 2012
Thank you for the review. We appreciate your comments. Management will try to provide a better breakfast in the future.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I'm traveling across country with my dog and staying in hotels and this one was very good! the staff where very friendly and helpfull. , the rooms and the bathroom where very clean. It was near exit of interstate.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phillipsburg
Days Inn Easton
Courtyard Bethlehem Lehigh Valley/I-78
The Lafayette Inn
The Lafayette Inn
#2 of 7 in Easton

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!