“Very enjoyable,”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2013

My wife and I went to Clove on Sunday afternoon just at 5pm, opening time, The owners were very gracious and helpful in explaining the menu. We ordered the sampler for two which was very enjoyable. In fact it was a little to rich for my taste as I am afflicted with gout when I eat too much protein. It was a nice evening out and I will likely return.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

After driving past Clove many times, we finally decided to try it and we enjoyed it. We ordered a few different items from the vegetarian menu and had them spiced to medium. The stand-outs were the vegetable samosas and the aboo ghobi. I have eaten at Devi in NYC (Michelin star) and so the "bar" for Indian food has been set pretty high for me! Clove is a good choice when I can't make the trip to NYC! The restaurant was very clean and the staff was friendly.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

My husband and I had the lunch buffet and everything was delicious, fresh and tasty! The service was excellent as well. We'll be going back with our children.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

I am new to central NJ, but its very rural, lots of farms etc. I recently moved from Washington DC with all the most amazing food at my fingertips. My wife and I love being out in the country but completely hated the fact we could only get Italian food and bagels.

When we found Clove on one of our random drives trying to half get lost half learn the area.

They are in my top 5 Indian restaurants ever! Food is delicous, service is excellent, and the restuarant is spotlessly clean.

I have only had dinner service at Clove, both eat in and take out and both have been great. They typically throw in a free dessert sample with the take out orders and I have not found one I dont like.

Definitely try clove if you are in the Phillipsburg area, you wont be dissapointed!

1  Thank jdrambo
Reviewed 7 May 2013

My wife and I went for dinner on a Saturday evening recently. We will be regular customers. We had the tammarind sauced chick pea and potato pancake appetizer ... nicely spiced with a slightly sour sauce. We ordered the chicken saag curry with spinach. This was an excellent change from the more traditional curry. We also had the okra dish and the lentil curry. Very good. The lentils deliciously covered the basamti rice. You could easily dine without eating any meat. My wife really enjoyed the naan which was freshly baked and charred in the tandori oven. Next time we will bring along a bottle of white wine. We were happy we ordered too much food. Our lunch at home the next day was just as good.

1  Thank GKSHLIKEY