“Top contender at a lower rate”

Radisson Piscataway
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Piscataway
New York, NY
“Top contender at a lower rate”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Among the five to ten hotels within a short drive of Rutgers University (which I visited on business), I chose the Radisson based on the lower price, compared to Embassy Suites, and its connection to a large, reliable chain. I was not disappointed, although one would not compare it to a luxurious business hotel, e.g., a Mandarin Oriental, in any way. On making the reservation via the 800 number I was appropriately transferred to the actual hotel on asking detailed questions about its distance from Rutgers (less than 10 minutes). On arriving, I was upgraded to a suite (number 502) which is essentially a double room with generous sitting area and king bed with an attractive, low-lying glass-paneled divider between the two. This is the type of room to get, if available, if you will do any eating, drinking or meeting in the room; there is also a long dining table that can hold six people. Meeting facilities are plentiful on the entry floor and were in constant use during my overnight stay although the hotel did not feel crowded or "overused." Kitchen and dining staff were accommodating when I asked for a lunch that could be served immediately. I had a Greek salad and was out of the dining room within fifteen minutes due to the press of work. All facilities, including a large and deserted health club and pool (where one can do short laps if needed) were above average and clean, although not luxurious. But for $99 I am not complaining, and was very satisfied with service overall. See pics for an idea of bath and mini-bar in-the-room.

Room Tip: If suites are available, they are by far the nicest type of room--essentially double-sized--and wort...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I cannot even give them a rating better than 1 for anything. I was sleeping and someone was trying to enter my room at 12 am. Even worse, when I told the staff they shoved it off and did not even help me. The staff is so rude and the rooms are unsafe.

• Stayed May 2014
Sunny C, General Manager at Radisson Piscataway, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Ms. Minnie K,
We are sincerely sorry that you had been inconvenienced so late at night, I can assure you that someone had probably forgot their room number as there are never thefts or other dangers at the hotel. The staff does take look into every issue that the guest brings to our attention and we resolve the issues to the best of our ability. Again, I can assure you that this was a human error and not a threat to your safety. If I can be of any other assistance, please reach out to me.
Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Travellers are raving about these Piscataway hotels

Dallas
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Only drawback was not many food options nearby, you have to drive a few miles. Other than that hotel is good, clean & spacious. Breakfast is included so that's a plus. Staff and service was good. Close to highway.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Sunny C, General Manager at Radisson Piscataway, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Icarus81
Thank you for your review. We strive at the Radisson to make our business and leisure guests feel comfortable. We offer a convenience store inside the hotel as well as a restaurant and lounge stocked with a full bar. We offer room service, complimentary Internet and even business printing! We are prepared to accommodate you in all of your travel needs right here on site.
Thank you again and please come back to see us!
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The hotel is very good - huge rooms, well maintained and good staff and all the necessities that you expect from Radisson. Clean well ventilated rooms - Good Internet connectivity - Nice bathrooms etc. The breakfast was also good though simple.
However the Hotel is located in an Industrial area and there is nothing for atleast a couple of iles around. And one needs to have a car to even go to a grocery shop. For visitors from outside of US - it would be tough.
But the advantage is - the Hotel provides a shuttle drop and pick up to the nearby offices.

Room Tip: You need to have a car.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Jagadish B,
We are glad that you took the time to write a nice review about our hotel. We are pleased to see that our efforts have been providing such wonderful feedback. We are aware that there are not many restaurant options on our street; however we have a wonderful restaurant that serves all meals as well as some ethnic and vegetarian choices. Please ask the next time you are here about other food options. Thank you again.
Hamilton, NJ
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We were already on the road & found this hotel via my GPS on my phone. They are off the beaten path & there really isn't anything else around. Except another hotel & 287.
I called ahead to check rates, the girl was VERY friendly & gave us the AAA rate even tho I forgot my card.

The room was VERY comfortable & clean, we got a good nights rest & got to relax a bit.
The breakfast was good but my only complaint is that there was confusion w/ the front desk. I had asked at check in if our breakfast was included & I was PRETTY sure the girl said it was, however the next morning, we were informed it was not. And I did not feel it was worth $12 per person. They did end up giving us the free breakfast, so kudos on the great customer service but in the future I will be more careful about finding out the details.

PLENTY of parking, there is an indoor pool & I think I saw a fitness center. The room had a mini fridge & microwave as well as a large TV & a desk. I would def. stay here again if I ever needed to stay in the area.

Room Tip: there is no view so any room is fine.rooms seem to be dry, put a cup of water on the heater & th...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sunny C, General Manager at Radisson Piscataway, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Natrona, It is our pleasure to accommodate you. We are delighted that you felt comfortable and you would return to the property. We strive for 100% customer satisfaction and we are confident that we can provide you a great stay every time you come. We look forward to seeing you again.
Andresy, France
Reviewed 8 March 2014

This hotel is right next to the office that I was visiting so was ideal location wise, but I was rather concerned by some of the comments that I had seen - but I needn't have worried at all.

The room was large, well equipped, very comfortable bed, easy and efficient temperature control, good sized well equipped bathroom.

The staff were polite and helpful and the breakfast buffet was good.

I'd be quite happy to stay here if I need to visit our Piscataway office again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Sunny C, General Manager at Radisson Piscataway, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Andy D,
On behalf of the Radisson Hotel we would like to thank you for your contribution on trip advisor. We strive for 100% Guest Satisfaction and it is guests like you that allow us to feel confident in our product and services. We are looking forward to your continued patronage and we will continue to provide you with outstanding products and services.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 28 December 2013

After driving several hours in frigid temperatures I was given a room at the far end of the hotel. The room temperature was 63 degrees. The ac/heat unit would not turn on manually or with the wall thermostat. Maintenance had to be called to come in and trip the switch underneath the unit. None of the light fixtures nor the sleep number beds were plugged in. The high speed wifi was faster from the adjacent Embassy Suites hotel than this one. The highlight of the stay was the complimentary breakfast...cold scrambled eggs, western potatoes and ham on the breakfast bar. The hot water, coffee and toast (which I toasted myself) were the warmest items on the menu. Do not make the mistake I made...choose another hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Juan W
Sunny C, General Manager at Radisson Piscataway, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Juan W,

We appreciate your feedback. The comments you shared with us are not the norm at our Hotel and we make every effort to make sure our guests enjoy their stay.

In an effort to "go green", all of our electric appliances are now energy efficient. Therefore, our air conditioning/heating units are made to only be on when someone is in the sleeping room. We would like you to return and we can make sure that your room prior to arrival is much more to your liking (based on the weather).

We did not receive any complaints about our breakfast buffet from you or any of our other guests regarding the temperature of the food on the day you were here.

We would like you to come back and stay with us and give us another chance to prove to you that our service and quality is much better than this last stay for you. Please contact our Sales Department directly for your reservation. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Piscataway
Embassy Suites by Hilton Piscataway - Somerset
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#8 of 16 in Somerset
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Piscataway
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Pis...
#1 of 5 in South Plainfield

Been to Radisson Piscataway? Share your experiences!