“My experiences at Radisson, Piscataway, NJ”

Radisson Piscataway
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Piscataway
New York City, New York
“My experiences at Radisson, Piscataway, NJ”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Every year since I want to say 2007 I think it is, for July 4th weekend, we go to Radisson in Piscataway for a convention. It is a private event and we rent out the entire hotel. OMG since the first year we got there.. Sunny and the entire staff/crew couldnt be nicer!!! They are friendly, polite, very accommodating, CLEAN, and ever so helpful. The entire hotel is clean, the beds are so comfy..Im sorry to see that this past July 4th, they got rid of the number beds and got all new beds for entire hotel.. I LOVED THAT NUMBER BED!! LOL Sunny rocks and so does his entire crew. We couldnt ask for a better place to stay. THANK YOU SUNNY & YOUR STAFF!!! Big hugs!!! PEGGY

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Sunny C, General Manager at Radisson Piscataway, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments. It is always our pleasure to do business with you and your group. We are looking foward to seeing you all in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Korean first
Bayside, New York
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The rooms were OK and the beds had a sleep number system (which I forgot to try ... I slept well so it didn't matter). I was happy that they had a fridge, a microwave and a Kurig coffee maker -- it might have been nice to get a few more coffee pods, however.

The internet was free, which I appreciated. There was no free breakfast. The breakfast buffet was so-so. They did offer fresh omelettes and the danishes were pretty good, but they forced us to pay cash for the buffet, which was really annoying. When I asked about this policy the employee was snotty and unapologetic. One of our party had to go hit the ATM machine in the lobby, which I'm sure is bringing in some nice fees for the hotel. What is the reasoning behind forcing people to pay cash? I doubt I'll eat breakfast there again if I come back. On the other hand, the dinner served in the bar area was actually pretty good, and the servers and bartenders were super nice. They took credit cards there. Breakfast staff--thumbs down. Dinner/bar staff--thumbs up.

The elevators were slow so I ended up walking up and down the stairs most of the time.

The pool and hot tub area. I only visited once during my stay. I placed my clothes and glasses on a chair along with a towel from the rack. I was in the hottub maybe 15 minutes max. Others were in the hottub and pool. I got out and rinsed off. As I was walking back around toward my chair, I see a staff member taking the unused towel off my chair, then taking ALL of the unused, clean towels from the rack and walking away, leaving me with no towel at all to dry off with. I grabbed my glasses and ran around the corner trying to find him but he was already gone. What a weird thing to do when there are people using the hottub and pool. I had to put on my shirt and shorts to get dry.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
We appreciate your comments and we are committed to the improvement of the overall satisfaction of our guests stay. We do offer hotel packages that include breakfast. Please contact our sales office for more information.
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

This weekend I attended a conference at this hotel. I had a great experience. But on 7/7/14 at 12:15 am I left the building to take my service animal out for a walk. Upon the-entering the building through the lobby I was stopped by the manager on duty. This man explained to me that I had to leave because dogs were not allowed in the hotel. When I explained that phoebe was a service animal, he said she was still not allowed to be in the hotel. I even offered to show him her ID (against the law to require) and he didn't budge. I had to explain to him in the public lobby of your hotel that I was disabled and that it was federal law that service animals be allowed regardless of hotel policy per federal law. He still said she had to leave. It wasn't until I explained that I had been registered all weekend before he let us pass.

Now, let me explain that I am a vendor and stay at THIS hotel SEVERAL times a year for events and conferences. I appreciate your willingness to open your doors to the events I attend. But I am appalled that your management staff is so ignorant to the laws included in the American Disabilities Act that it would open itself up to people with disabilities suing the hotel for discrimination. I am also extremely offended that a member of your management team would make me explain in a public area that I was disabled. Just because not all disabilities are visible does not mean they do not exist. I struggle on a daily basis to try to live my life as a non disabled person does and my service animal makes that a possibility. In addition to that, she is a medical alert dog and if I had a medical emergency, she is certainly more qualified than your manager to assist me.

I hope you take this opportunity to educate your staff to the laws pertaining to people with disabilities as well as providing them with some sensitivity training because this kind of interaction is unacceptable.

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Dekatzmeow
Sunny C, General Manager at Radisson Piscataway, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Ms, Dekatzmeow

Once again our sincere apologies for your inconvenience and we greatly appreciate your gracious response to me . We have retrained all our staff in light of your experience and we once again apologies .
We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations

Sunny

Travellers are raving about these Piscataway hotels

Kuwait, Al Kuwayt, Kuwait
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Hotel is good to stay. Breakfast is average. Room size & ambience is just good enough. Room is equipped with all basic amenities like coffee machine, TV, press, etc. Staff is courteous & helpful. Laundry facility is also available.

Room Tip: Hotel is located far away from NY city. So, people who come to visit NY for sightseeing may avoid th...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Prasanna1965
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I called to see if this Radisson had Sleep Numbers because I hurt my back and I have a sleep number bed at home. The person I talked to said they did have Sleep Number beds, great! I booked the room and was looking forward to my trip. When I arrived at the hotel it looked pretty run down on the outside and about it was pretty run down on the inside as well. I thought this is not like any oterh Radisson I've stayed in but so long as they had decent room and a good bed I could get by for a couple of nights. I checked in and proceeded to my room. When I got to the single elevator there was about 20 people standing there waiting to get on, after 10 minutes I was able to get on this small slow elevator and got up to my room. The first thing I noticed smell in the room but I thought I could get past that so I walked in and checked the bed, it was not a Sleep Number bed as promised, then I tried to get on the Internet to see if there were any other hotels close by I could switch to but their Internet service was so bad all the web site kept timing out. Finially I went down to the front desk and told the person at teh front desk I wanted to cancel my reservation becuase of they didn't have the Sleep Numbers beds as promised. He gave me the run around and would not check me out because I had to go through the travel agency to cancel the reservation. I went out to my car canceled the hotel and booked room at the Hilton which is way better. After all this they charged me $140 for a night stay at the hotel when I was there for only 20 minutes or so. Radisson, you just lost a customer.

Room Tip: Book you room at another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Radisson Piscataway, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel and your room during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Enjoyed my stay here during a recent business trip. The room was clean and spacious. Staff is absolutely wonderful. Everybody was so attentive to my needs and very friendly. Breakfast was so good, love that they have an omelette station. The bar and bar attendant was great as well. This place is busy and has lots of customers and I can definitely see why. Place is close too to a lot of restaurants. I will definitely come back whenever I am in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank KayeRon
East Bangor, PA
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I always stay at this hotel when I go to New Jersey. Just spent a night there last week and as always, great service, wonderful room, accomodating staff. Did not get to see Sunny, the general manager this last time. However, he and Ashraf, the chef make me feel so valued when I stay there. I love this hotel and they really do make my stays very special!!!

Room Tip: 5th floor is great. Upgrade to a business room. You won't be sorry.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Donna C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Piscataway
Embassy Suites by Hilton Piscataway - Somerset
Extended Stay America - Piscataway - Rutgers University
DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center
Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway
Holiday Inn South Plainfield - P...
#3 of 5 in South Plainfield
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Piscataway
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Pis...
#1 of 5 in South Plainfield
Residence Inn Somerset
Residence Inn Somerset
#5 of 16 in Somerset

Been to Radisson Piscataway? Share your experiences!