“Incredibly good food.”

Description: http://www.sweetlulas.com/Its_All_Good.html
NY
“Incredibly good food.”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Great Brussels sprouts to start. Asparagus okay. Wedge salad good. The meal only got better from there. Coconut chicken was delicious. Salmon perfect and came with great rice. Angus cooked to perfection. Interesting and entertaining atmosphere. Only criticism is to echo what's already been said: the service is sometimes hit-or-miss. For these prices that should be as important as the food.

• Visited December 2013

Ocean City, New Jersey
“Rude and Unprofessional!”
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Had a birthday reservation for 10 guests, was seated upstairs and basically forgotten.... Waited 1hour for salad and was actually shorted 2 wedge salads. We were told they ran out! Lula was aloof and rude. She should be more humble and cater to her guests! We left after close to 2 hours never being served our entrees. Will not return!

Visited November 2013
3 Thank Billjensen107
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great food Great atomosphere and BYOB”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This was our first time here - I've heard about the place and wanted to try it before going to our show. Everyone there is very friendly and knows the menu. The salads are amazing! The brussel sprouts are to die for!! Overall it was a great meal and when we thought we were leaving - Lula the owner took to the mic and started singing!! I believe she did 4 songs and they were all fantastic - everyone was signing along with her as she roamed through the table...a few couple even got up to dance. What a fun time!! We will go back for sure!!!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank cha1962
Turnersville, New Jersey
“Fine Dining in Pitman, NJ”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Recently dined at Sweet Lula's after a friend told my husband and I of the delicious meal she enjoyed there. We made reservations for a Tuesday evening and so enjoyed our meal we returned two nights with friends of ours. Generally, I do not like Brussels sprouts but the ones prepared at Sweet Lula's were so unusual and tasty we ordered MORE! Our entrees included rack of lamb, breast of duck, steak and chicken Oscar! All were well prepared and tasty. Even though I could not finish my meal (took it home) couldn't pass up an opportunity to have a piece of Key Lime pie which was scrumptious. I was informed that all desserts are prepared on premises. What a surprise to have such fine dining experience in quiet Pitman, New Jersey!!

• Visited August 2013
United States
“The Man Can Cook!”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Anthony Asbury whipped up another outstanding meal for my wife and me recently and I would be remiss if I did not signal "props" to him and Lula! The meal was simply spectacular--in Pitman, NJ of all places! Opening with Chef's Brussels, parmesan encrusted Brussels pan-cooked spouts, of which we could not get enough! They were tender enough and not overburdened with the cheese and garlic. Caesar salad was crisp and fresh. For the main meal, my 14oz Black Angus NY Strip was exactly as I had ordered it (Medium) and was a match for any steak I have had (including Morton's) in a long time. My wife loved the Lobster Ravioli which she graciously shared with me. Wow! Also, we had a chocolate fudge cake for dessert that we HAD to share. It was enormous, but delicious!! Lula's is BYOB, so remember to bring your favorite wines and enjoy dining is a great small town location. The prices can run you a little high comparatively to other Pitman establishments, but that is because no others are set up as a finer dining experience (although you don't need a suit and tie to enjoy Lula's). And, the hosts are really welcoming and fun people. Anthony is a world-renown puppeteer, and Lula is a gem who can sing with the best!. Sweet Lula's is a great experience that we have enjoyed on numerous occasions! And, we will again!

• Visited May 2013

Been to Sweet Lula's? Share your experiences!