“Excellent Athletic Facilities” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Plainsboro
New York
“Excellent Athletic Facilities”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

I stayed here for one night with a group of friends and we made good use of the hotel's extensive athletic facilities, though the tennis courts were closed for renovations. The front desk staff was accommodating and very welcoming.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CrownePlazaPrinceton, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Princeton - Conference Center, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Parec02,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, Crowne Plaza Princeton. We are pleased to hear you had such a great time during your recent stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed utilizing our facilities.

We pride ourselves on exceptional customer services, and glad you felt welcomed by our staff. Thank you for staying with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We attended a family party and this was the hotel everyone stayed at. We spent 2 nights. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful with restaurant suggestions, etc. Our first floor room was nice and spacious and appeared to be very clean. AC worked well.

Only true complaint is we were gone from about 12:30 until 4:00 and our room was never serviced. No time to complain time to get dressed for the party we were attending. Did stop at the front desk to tell them the room wasn't cleaned and to get coffee pod for the morning as we had an early plane to catch. I hope my experience was a fluke.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Princeton - Conference Center, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear rmsails,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. It is lovely to hear you liked the room you received and found the front desk staff helpful. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We have taken note of your comments regarding the housekeeping and will forward these to the appropriated department for review. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Dunedin, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I spent eight nights there during the Special Olympics USA Games. The room overlooked the woods and jogging path, the room was clean spacious, the staff was wonderful and accommodating. The location is quiet yet one exit from Princeton Univ. and train station. Restaurants in area are plentiful once you find them.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Judy B123,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, Crowne Plaza Princeton. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us while you were here with the Special Olympics USA Games. Our rooms are spacious, as it gives our guest the much needed room they need when traveling. Our staff is always striving to make our guest feel welcomed.
We appreciate you letting us know we have accomplished that.

We are located 10 minutes from Princeton University, and many local attractions. Our restaurant, the Forrestal Grille, is conveniently located on the first floor of the hotel. Thanks again for your kind words.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Everything about the hotel is wonderful. The hotel is connected to a huge convention center and features racquetball and basketball courts. The pool is larger than most hotel pools and the restaurant featured very customer service oriented staff. I would have given the hotel a 5 but the frint desk staff were not as accommodating. The hotel was booked to capacity, however I requested a late checkout and was told no. In all my years of traveling I have never been told I couldnt extend my checkout the extra hour.

Despite the fro t desk, I will be going back. The hotel is clean and is just a high standard hotel. Also breakfast is 16 pp. Its worth it

Elevators need to be updated..they are a bit scary

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Kesh G,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, Crowne Plaza Princeton. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the use of our large pool. I am sorry the front desk disappointed you by not extending a late check out to you. Please feel free to contact me at 609-936-4200 to assist you with your future reservations. We value your feedback, as it helps us to improve. Thanks again for your comments.
Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Folks, I am booked to stay here. But have yet to do so.

I was reviewing this site. And found the following response from management to a single negative review and was mightily impressed by the honesty of the team that manages this property......

"Please know that we are retraining our associates so we disappoint others."

Management team, I hope you were not successful in your endeavors.

We look forward to a better experience with two rooms booked on July 20th.......... All upgrades most appreciated.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AJNJ-Roaming
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Princeton - Conference Center, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear AJNJ-Roaming,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of certain areas that may require attention. We assure you that the staff strives to ensure every guest has an enjoyable stay with us and provide an environment of comfort as well as value.

Again, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. If there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Garfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I was at the hotel for 4th of July weekend with my family. We had several rooms at the hotel. It was very busy with families for the long holiday weekend. The staff was super friendly and always greeting you when you passed them despite the hotel being so busy. Their manager on duty Saturday morning Rich was extremely helpful and friendly and so was their evening manager. My family wouldn't stop raving about the hotel. My kids absolutely loved their pool, so much that they preferred to stay in the pool instead of going to Sesame Place. And the men in our family loved the game tables near the bar. So much that they stayed up super late having drinks and playing. The hotel had something for everyone. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CrownePlazaPrinceton, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Princeton - Conference Center, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Jassbat28,

Thank you for the 5 star review! It was such a pleasure to host you and yours for the 4th of July weekend. We are delighted to hear that each and every employee that you encountered was friendly and accommodating. We are certainly proud of the staff that we have here at the Crowne Plaza Princeton, and we will definitely share your sentiments with them. It sounds like you had the opportunity to enjoy some of the wonderful amenities that we have to offer, such as the heated indoor pool and Flight, our martini and wine lounge. When your travels bring you back to Princeton, we would be honored to serve you once more.
Boise, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I am just a regular guy, who needed a room for his family, and used a service that doesn't tell you what the hotel is until after booking. When I booked, I was impressed with the reviews and recommendations, and Crowne Plaza sounded pretty good. When we pulled up there, the lobby area was spectacular - very impressive. However, we got to the room they gave us, and it was not impressive. There was minor damage throughout, cups and glasses were missing, and when my son tried the shower, it was broken, to the point that it was shooting water all over the bathroom floor. When I told the front desk, they asked "would you like another room?" I said yes, and they required me to give up my old keys before they would reissue new ones. Just in case I was trying to get a free room I guess? So we had to keep the door open and make sure we got all of our stuff out of the old room and hopefully didn't forget anything. When we got to the new room, the Alarm clock, coffee cups, and glasses were missing. Overall, I just didn't think the room was worth what we paid even getting a very low rate. Also, the first morning we forgot to put the do not disturb sign on, and the housekeeping lady gave my wife attitude. I will say the next day the housekeeping staff I ran into were much nicer.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Hans C
CrownePlazaPrinceton, Complex Director of Sales & Marketing at Crowne Plaza Princeton - Conference Center, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Hansel C,

Thanks for taking time to review the hotel…so sorry we disappointed you a couple of times. As you mention…our other reviews are impressive. It seems that we simply dropped the ball and I apologize for that. Please know that we are retraining our associates so we disappoint others. If you and your family return to the area we certainly hope will allow us an opportunity to show you just how good our hospitality really is.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainsboro
Holiday Inn Express Princeton Southeast
#3 of 15 in Princeton
Princeton Marriott at Forrestal
Homewood Suites by Hilton Princeton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton

Been to Crowne Plaza Princeton - Conference Center? Share your experiences!