“Hidden Gem”

Cuisines: American
New York City, New York
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Sugar + Sunshine Bakery was a wonderful surprise. These are some of the best cupcakes I have ever tasted, and I have really tasted them all!! This is a true hidden gem!

Look for an upcoming review in detail on my blog that covers NY and Princeton:

• Visited August 2013
Thank Karen Marie-The... M

• Korean first
Lewes, Delaware
“Wish they were near my home”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Sugar + Sunshine is a taste delight hidden away in the Plainsboro Village Center. My wife and I stumbled upon it while looking for a breakfast alternative to the Princeton Marriott in the Forrestal office park complex.

The shop is a treasure trove of wonderful baked goods and things to drink with them. There seems to be a cupcake craze, at least on the East Coast, and S+S is a place to indulge it. There are more than a dozen varieties of very appealing looking iced cupcakes at $2.50 each. There are also assorted croissants, muffins, bagels, cinnamon rolls, brownies, cookies, mini tarts, on and on. My wife and I each chose one of their cranberry mini loaves, a small (4 inch diameter?) freshly baked bread loaf. Delicious, and only $2. Everything is freshly baked, natural ingredients and no preservatives.

I had a cup of very good coffee. My wife had a hot chocolate which was made from scratch from real chocolate and fresh milk, steamed when ordered (only $3).

The counter staff was very pleasant and willing to take the time to answer questions about the offerings. Interestingly, when I asked the woman if they had a tip jar, she replied with a pleasant smile that they don't accept tips.

If we lived in the Plainsboro area, my wife and I would be very regular breakfast and snack customers of Sugar + Sunshine.

• Visited June 2013