“Excellent food and excellent service”

Sam's Rialto Bar and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Sam's Rialto Bar and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$9 - US$13
Cuisines: American
Description: Welcome to Sam's Rialto Bar & Grill, we are located just 10 minutes outside of Atlantic City. As being one of the oldest southern restaurants in Atlantic City we take great pride in our food. No matter if you are getting Chicken, Crabs, Ribs, Breakfast, we hope to put a smile on your face.
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

I went there on my birthday and it was a great experience. The food was excellent. The waitress was very sweet. I had a great experience and would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves soul food as much as I do

4  Thank Darren4567

Reviewed 2 July 2013

My girlfriend and I are from Montreal and during our stay in Atlantic City, the hotel clerk suggested that we eat from Sam's Bar & Grill. We were, however, informed that if we were to order in, to do so at least an hour ahead of time because they can, at times, take long to deliver.

So instead we opted to drive there from the hotel (a quick 15min drive) and were unsure at first (the neighborhood seemed a bit dark and quiet). But once stepping inside the venue, you sense the "family atmosphere". That feeling of soul.

In Canada, we dont have the luxury of eating chicken and waffles so we both decided to give it a try (although my grielfriend had eaten some prior). A decision I shall NEVER regret. Took nearly half an hour to receive our plates, but it was DEFINITELY worth the wait. Humongous pieces of cripsy, freshly cooked chicken, married with a large tenderly toasted waffle, pregnant with whipped butter and thick rich syrup. A side of collard greens and succulent candied yams, the night was a SUCCESS.

I would ABSOLUTELY recommend this restaurant to out-of-towners. The service was hospitable, patient and very polite.

7  Thank Mr_FlipStar
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I was tired and didn't want to go out to dinner after a day of driving to the shore. We checked in to our room and noticed take out menus on the desk. I saw this one from Sam's. To my pleasant surprise it was a soul food place. They specialize in chicken and waffles but have ribs, catfish, salads, as well as crab cakes and tons of other food. Everything is homemade from the side dishes to the desserts.

We ordered a few things: beef short ribs, candied yams, corn bread, fries, caesar salad, side waffle (without chicken) and a piece of lemon coconut cake. The food came within 30 minutes and only cost $22!! Holy cow was their food excellent. My boyfriend was in heaven (he's Jamaican American) He couldn't stop talking about the ribs falling off of the bones. The portions were big too. I was surprised of how well the caesar salad dressing tasted because I am a caesar salad hound. I always order that salad and compare the dressings because I make my own dressing. The fries were crispy, that cake was so delicious, it almost tasted like a lemon meringue pie because of the frosting they made. My boyfriend stated that they were the best candied yams he ever had.

I will definitely order from this place again. I can't tell you about service or how the place looked because we had it delivered so I apologize for that but I can tell you one thing....MMMMMMM

6  Thank babs7262