“Great value, comfortable stay!”

Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Pleasantville
York, PA
“Great value, comfortable stay!”
Reviewed 17 November 2011

My husband and I were planning a weekend getaway to Atlantic City with another couple. We checked out several hotels along the boardwalk. Most places were very expensive with bad reviews. Fortunately I found the Comfort Inn and Suites on Blackhorse Pike. From check-in to check-out we experienced great customer service. Our request for adjoining rooms was granted. The staff at the front desk were always very friendly and courteous. Our room was spacious, very clean with updated decor. The king sized bed was comfortable and included several fluffy pillows. Our room included toiletries, a coffee pot and a flat screen TV. We were very impressed. We had a great view of a small beach which included a gazebo. It would have been nice to enjoy a glass of wine and watch the sunset from the gazebo but the weather was not cooperative. That evening we went to the Tropicana via a free shuttle service that the hotel provided. There were several pick- up times to choose from. It took us about 15 minutes to get to the Trop- the shuttle stopped at 3 additional hotels on the way. The last pick-up to bring us back to the hotel was at 2:30am. What a great service! The next morning we enjoyed a great hot breakfast which was included in our stay. Hot coffee, fresh fruit and yogurt, a make your own waffle station,eggs, milk and varied juices. I will definitely stay here again. We enjoyed our stay at this budget friendly hotel!

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank GTKarol

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I actually came across this selection as an alternative using hotels.com....I wanted to make sure my location for my birthday yesterday was close to the the casino. I found out there's a shuttle that takes you to casino and back.. I love the fact that the hotel served breakfast so I wouldn't have to drive out and spend more money. The room was definitely clean and the staff is friendly..In addition to that, the check-in & check-out process was fast and efficient.. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank bcarlisle84
Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Stayed one night in this hotel while visiting Atlantic City. It is a little old, but clean and comfortable with friendly front desk staff. The bay view rooms are incredible, the breakfast was yummy, and the price was reasonable. We didn't use it, but there was a shuttle available to the casinos.

Room Tip: Bay view room is a must!!!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
PA
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We stayed here for a concert at the Borgata. Checking in was not a problem and the rooms were clean and nice. We had a little trouble with the inroom safe but someone from the front desk came up to help us. The room had a nice view of the bay. The hotel has a shuttle bus that will take you to the tropicana in atlantic city. Then you can take the jitney bus to other hotels. Only problem is that the shuttle to return does not run all night, so we had to get a cab back, which they overcharge since its outside the city and is late at night. The hotel had told me the cab should only cost about 20 dollars, we were charged 40 by the yellow cabs. When I mentioned it to the hotel desk person, they said that they have a company that they use which charges the proper prices and don't overcharge. I had wished the hotel desk guy that checked us in would have told us to use their cab service since I had asked about prices. Overall the extra for the cab was still cheaper than staying at a hotel in the city. So a great value. Breakfast in morning is good as well with a lot of hot food (not just donuts and coffee).

• Stayed September 2011
Georgian Bay
Reviewed 28 October 2011

We stayed here for one night to visit Atlantic City. Hotel is about 10mins drive away from heart of the Boardwalk of Atlantic City. Parking at the hotel is free and they do have a shuttle on Friday, Saturday. Local bus stops close by as well and told it cost $2.10 to ride the bus to the Boardwalk. WARNING for GPS users..address doesn't match location...the TomTom GPS takes you to a place about 1/4 mile up the road but no really biggie...you can almost see the sign. Check-in / Check-out was uneventful and staff was very friendly. The street the motel is located on has many older strip motels.

The hotel has a great little boardwalk out back on the water with gazebo's and a bit of sandy beach area. I think it would be awesome for a summer time extended stay. I also like that fact that you could open the room window wide and listen to the water if you wanted to.

Only thing I found odd was that the doors to the rooms swung outwards into the hallway...it was handy when leaving the room with suitcase in tow but not sure I totally like the idea.

They have 24hr coffee station, work station and fitness facility. Continental breakfast was excellent with nice selection and well stocked...scrambled eggs, sausage, bagels, waffles etc...the blueberry waffle choice was a nice change from the regular plain. The breakfast area was quite large.

Room was nice, clean and quiet.

I would not hesitate staying here again...price is great, location is good and just drive and park in Atlantic City. You can park at the Hilton for $10 or get a players card and it is $5.00. I found the Hilton was a good spot for parking as it is at one end of the boardwalk so you can walk up and back along the boardwalk.

HardRock Cafe has $4.00 draft beer which makes for a great pit-stop (and Wifi) and Johnny Rocket's near the House of Blues makes an awesome burger.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the water side.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sybock
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 October 2011

Stay on bay side and enjoy the view of windsurfers on Lakes Bay. Well kept and staff is very accomodating. Very close to Atlantic city without all the nonsense. Beautiful sunset, free breakfast and copy of WSJ...what more can you ask for.

Room Tip: Pay a few bucks more for upper level on the bay side.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Newark
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I have stayed at the Comfort Inn a few times already, but I just recently stayed there in October and I had such a relaxing time. I sat out in the back near the bay it was beautiful, my Daughter and her friend enjoyed it as well. i would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasantville
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
Garden State Inn
Garden State Inn
#3 of 25 in Absecon

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City? Share your experiences!