“You get what you pay for”

Ramada West Atlantic City
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Pleasantville
middletown
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We booked this hotel because they allowed pets (for a fee) and its proximity to a nearby dog beach. At $41.00 a night we didn't expect much. Rooms (at least where they allow pets) are extremely run down and not very clean. The hotel front desk staff was not friendly or helpful (bad job choice for someone in the hospitality industry) and acted like we were inconveniencing them when we were checking in. The free breakfast was subpar to other similar hotels we have stayed at. Probably would not stay there again.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lkjson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Where do I even begin... Stayed Sunday-Wednesday great prices is what sold me...lesson learned? Room smelt like mildew and chemicals. Bed sheets were disgusting with small pieces of hair and stains. Blanket had what appeared to be some sort of food stain... extremely unsettling. Beds are horrible woke up with back and shoulder pain (strange for someone as active as myself)Front desk staff consists of teenagers and a few adults. Absolutely clueless and unprofessional they look bored and unhappy with their jobs...In our 3 day stay our room had not been cleaned once... even to the point where we had to go to the front desk to get more towels,toilet paper,etc and of course complain. Cleaning staff would blast music and stand around talking to each other in the hallways (walls are paper thin) so I am not surprised nothing got done. Frustrated,I went to the front desk to get 4 new towels to share with my husband.... The girl at the front desk said we could only have two because we were checking out the following day. Isn't the customer always right? I needed new towels our room had not been cleaned at all! I will never be returning... did I mention our bathroom light flickered and the air conditioning machine is extremely loud and dusty? and just so you feel really safe the doors to the building don't lock....happy travels!This Ramada chain should be ashamed.

Room Tip: traveling to atlantic city?.....lets face it the actions on the boardwalk. spending a little extra c...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank em r

Travellers are raving about these Pleasantville hotels

Reviewed 21 August 2012

Booked for a 6 day stay thru getaroom
Com. Had a great stay. Staff was very friendly and accomadating. Romm was clean. Pool was nice. Breakfast was ehhh. The only thing needs to be improved. Locationis great

• Stayed August 2012
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 August 2012

We booked an exterior room not knowing the difference. We had booked a non smoking room, we entered the room and it reeked of smoke and smelled like it never had fresh air in it at all..Very stale smelling. My husband who has asthma started wheezing just standing inside the door. We went to the front desk and they sent us to another room to look at...it wasn't as bad but still had an odor. Room was very dated, dark and grimy feeling. Someone had left the ironing board up and it was dirty and worn as well. Bedspread was on crooked. We went back to front desk and told them there was no way my husband could stay in those rooms and they cancelled our reservation for us and told us to call Hotels.com to get our refund. I am thankful we got our full refund. I don't know how other building was it appeared newer. Pool looked nice! Front desk is poorly staffed. Felt sorry for young lady working desk. Line of people with complaints the whole time I was at the desk waiting in line. Left and found another hotel, as I was checking into new hotel saw some of the same people from the Ramada that had left as well trying to get a room . Should have heeded the reviews! Gas card was enticing.... wasn't worth it in the end...

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank eagle88sb
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We came to NJ for my sons USCG basic training graduation in Cape May! Not being familiar with NJ we book with Ramada as we have stayed at Ramada Inns before. We were ok with having to drive a little bit to get to Cape May. I am definately not impressed with the cleanliness or lack of with our room or the Hotel itself. The office is clean so that is misleading, first thing I went to the state report on bed bugs to see if the hotel has ever had reports (by law all companies have to report). No reports filed second I lifted the bed to make sure, moved the pictures to see if cock roaches came out. Nope no cock roaches thank god. No outlets but (3) 1 in the bathroom 2 in the living area. Fridge didn't work (a new one dropped off) while ironing the iron turned off we had to unplug and plug back in. The outlet behind the desk was hanging out of the wall ( see pictures) and the floors were not vacuumed. It it wasn't for being out $160.00 and can't afford to pay for another room we would have left. Thank goodness there were no bugs because we would have left. I would not stay here again! The reason we stayed even after reading the reviews is because my sister called and talked to Gloria and she was very certain that they take pride in cleanliness hmmm I'd hate to see if they didn't take pride ugh! Lesson learned! I hope others complain and they start fixing up the place.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Taralauze
Bronx, New York
Reviewed 14 August 2012

In over 4 years, we have been at this particular Ramada about 6 times, we just love it! The staff is very friendly and very pacient, always with a smile and very polite. As a family of 5, everything is perfect for us; good location, not too far or not too close from the beach and casinos; prices are very affordable; delicious continental breakfast; swimming pool; clean and very organized. Ramada, honestly, is one of the best hotels we've ever stayed at. I would most defenitley recomend it.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Dumfries, Virginia
Reviewed 13 August 2012

This couldn’t be a Ramada, very, very disappointed. The check in clerk was extremely helpful, he made sure that my family stayed on one floor and out of the three rooms we needed two of the rooms with Wi-FI. Well, the Wi-Fi it didn’t start working until check out time (Sunday). My nice got stuck in the bathroom (door was cracked), the bathroom toilet did not work properly before and after it was repaired. The rooms smelled, (I travel with cleaning supplies), no trash bags in cans, the bed shirt was ripped , dry pee behind the toilet , requested to be cleaned (didn’t happen). At the end of the hallway, windows with no screens were left open (with stoppers), but a small kid could fall out. I was told that the Manager could not be reach on his day off and there wasn’t an Assistant Manager. Left my name and number to be given to the Manager , (no call), called on Tuesday, he wouldn’t be in until 11:00 (no call); Called corporate. I would never stay in this hotel again TERRIBLE!!!!

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Shirley T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasantville
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City
#6 of 50 in Atlantic City
3.5 of 5 bubbles 7,929 reviews
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City

Been to Ramada West Atlantic City? Share your experiences!