“Needs serious updating”

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Pleasantville
Dillsburg
“Needs serious updating”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

My expectations for a hotel room are pretty low. After all, you don't usually spend more than one night there. That being said, this location did not meet my expectations. 1. I expect that my hotel room should have a place to plug in my laptop. No, I don't mean internet, I mean a place to plug in the power. The only available power receptacles were in the bathroom, near the refrigerator near the bathroom, and behind the TV. Pretty much useless if I wanted to sit in bed and use my laptop (as the closest receptacles to the bed were behind the bed - inaccessible). 2. The room had very few electrical outlets in general. I don't drink coffee, but I wouldn't really have been able to use the in room coffee machine because it wasn't plugged in. Reason why it wasn't plugged in? The closest electrical outlet was 6 feet away behind the TV (the coffee machine was on the business desk - where it usually is in these kinds of hotels). Kind of pointless to have a coffee maker when I need to plug it in near or inside the bathroom. 3. I expect that the warm water in the shower should be consistent. I'm not a long shower taker; 5-10 minutes max. During that time I had to adjust the shower at least 4 or 5 times because it would either get really hot or really cold randomly. 4. I expect that a non-smoking room should not smell like cigarettes. Every piece of my clothing (not that I had many) came out smelling like cigarettes after I left. That's unacceptable. 5. The climate control should be automatic. At over $100 per night, I think that I should be able to set the desired temperature and the room should be able to hold somewhere near that temperature. The climate control unit in my room had 3 settings: Hot/Cold/Off. Seeing as it was freezing outside when I was at the location, I left the heat on. That was a mistake because it never went off and I woke up to it being in the upper 70's in the room. Not only was that a waste of electricity for the hotel, it was also unnecessarily warm. We've had automatic climate control since the for at least 20 years - it's time to get with the times.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank Jason S
ramadawestatlantic, Webmaster at Ramada West Atlantic City, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking time to offer your comments about the hotel. I appreciate your effort. I apologize that there were maintenance issues with the room that made your stay less than 100 percent favorable. Our goal is complete customer satisfaction, and I can see from the tone of your comments that you weren’t completely satisfied. If there are unresolved issues from your stay, please contact me directly. I take all comments seriously as I consider how to continually improve this property.

Hotel Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Newark
Reviewed 26 November 2013

It was a very nice stay for what we wanted to do i recommend this as a place to stay it was very affordable and very close to all the casinos and restaurants

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasantville
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City
#7 of 50 in Atlantic City
3.5 of 5 bubbles 7,875 reviews
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City

Been to Ramada West Atlantic City? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada West Atlantic City

Property: Ramada West Atlantic City
Address: 8037 Black Horse Pike, Pleasantville, NJ 08232-2854
Region: United States > New Jersey > Jersey Shore > Pleasantville
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Pleasantville
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Ramada West Atlantic City 2*
Ramada West Atlantic City hotel near Boardwalk Hall is at the doorstep of fantastic, fun-filled activities. Free parking makes it easy to enjoy all the area has to offer. Check in on the news with a free copy of USA Today while you enjoy free hot continental breakfast. Unwind on the sundeck or take a refreshing swim in our outdoor pool. Check email and plan your day with free Wi-Fi Internet access. Our pet-friendly Atlantic City West hotel offers rooms with microwaves and refrigerators. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Priceline, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada West Atlantic City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Atlantic City West Hotel Pleasantville