My expectations for a hotel room are pretty low. After all, you don't usually spend more than one night there. That being said, this location did not meet my expectations. 1. I expect that my hotel room should have a place to plug in my laptop. No, I don't mean internet, I mean a place to plug in the power. The only available power receptacles were in the bathroom, near the refrigerator near the bathroom, and behind the TV. Pretty much useless if I wanted to sit in bed and use my laptop (as the closest receptacles to the bed were behind the bed - inaccessible). 2. The room had very few electrical outlets in general. I don't drink coffee, but I wouldn't really have been able to use the in room coffee machine because it wasn't plugged in. Reason why it wasn't plugged in? The closest electrical outlet was 6 feet away behind the TV (the coffee machine was on the business desk - where it usually is in these kinds of hotels). Kind of pointless to have a coffee maker when I need to plug it in near or inside the bathroom. 3. I expect that the warm water in the shower should be consistent. I'm not a long shower taker; 5-10 minutes max. During that time I had to adjust the shower at least 4 or 5 times because it would either get really hot or really cold randomly. 4. I expect that a non-smoking room should not smell like cigarettes. Every piece of my clothing (not that I had many) came out smelling like cigarettes after I left. That's unacceptable. 5. The climate control should be automatic. At over $100 per night, I think that I should be able to set the desired temperature and the room should be able to hold somewhere near that temperature. The climate control unit in my room had 3 settings: Hot/Cold/Off. Seeing as it was freezing outside when I was at the location, I left the heat on. That was a mistake because it never went off and I woke up to it being in the upper 70's in the room. Not only was that a waste of electricity for the hotel, it was also unnecessarily warm. We've had automatic climate control since the for at least 20 years - it's time to get with the times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ramada West Atlantic City hotel near Boardwalk Hall is at the doorstep of fantastic, fun-filled activities. Free parking makes it easy to enjoy all the area has to offer. Check in on the news with a free copy of USA Today while you enjoy free hot continental breakfast. Unwind on the sundeck or take a refreshing swim in our outdoor pool. Check email and plan your day with free Wi-Fi Internet access. Our pet-friendly Atlantic City West hotel offers rooms with microwaves and refrigerators. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Priceline, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada West Atlantic City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Atlantic City West Hotel Pleasantville
- Atlantic City Ramada
- Ramada West Atlantic City Jersey Shore, NJ - Pleasantville