“not what I expected”

Ramada West Atlantic City
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Pleasantville

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Paramus, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed at the Ramada a month ago for one night with my sister. The price was great!. We had a late arrival around 2 A.M. which was not a problem. Our room was dirty and freezing. It took around 3 hours for the heat to go on. We had to sleep in our clothes and a scarf since we didn't want to touch anything. I don't think anyone cleans. It was so unsanitized that we couldn't wait to leave. We never even stayed for our complimentary breakfast. They should be ashamed of themselves. I have to say that we still did not get what we paid for. I wish we stayed at one of the casinos instead even though we would have paid well over $400 since it was a Saturday night.

Room Tip: I cannot imagine any room being good
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
ramadawestatlantic, Webmaster at Ramada West Atlantic City, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments which we will use to help us improve for future guests. I apologize if you experienced any housekeeping lapses during your stay with us. We are unaware of any issues with our heating units, so it may not have been set properly for your needs. In any case, I sincerely apologize for any ways in which we fell short during your stay. Please try us again if you visit Atlantic City again.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I stayed at the ramada for this pass valentines weekend 2/14/2014-2/16/2014 and I must say the Hotel is actually Ok for the price you pay. Pro's about this hotel is alot for one the room is cheap , you can't go wrong with a cheap room when your on a budget. 2 The rooms are really Big , clean and tidy usually when you get cheap hotels like this the rooms be either tight and or dirty but Not the Ramada me and my girlfriend was actually suprise about how big the ro was huge beds with huge clean bathrooms with a tv stand , flat screen Tv with internet with recliner couches and mirrors in your room. 3 The ramada serves free breakfast from 6am -10am and the free breakfast is actually good they have a variety of stuff from waffles, eggs, sausages, to fruit, to bagels to cerel . They have coffee makers , Tea Makers, & even a Orange juice And Cranberry juice fountain . However The cons of this hotel is what makes me give the Ramada a Lower rating than what They deserve , for starters the ramada offers A free shuttle bus that will take you into Atlantic City and Pick you up for free & that sounds fine ; but in my 3 days and two nights staying there I Saw the bus One time . The shuttle bus was about 15 mins late, and it didn't even come in the hotels complex the bus stayed outside the complex for about a Minute then drove off before me and my girlfriend could even get there. 2 The free bus service Has schelude time It doesn't start running until about 3 which I feel is kinda late because its actually alot to do in atlantic city like shop and the bus stops running around 12 which is kinda early because again theirs alot to do in atlantic city . Ramada also has a Car service that will take you anywhere in Atlantic City for the small fee of 5 dollars a person , which can seem like a grand Idea but Its only ONE CAR!!! for the whole Hotel let that sink into your brain ONE SERVICE CAR for a Big hotel that means when you persnally need the service van its a chance that you won't get it because It maybe picking up somebody else , There were times where I got the Ramada service car in no time at all but most the times I was told the car would Take 45mins to a hour to come , so without the free bus service or the Ramada Cab service Your stuck paying for cabs which are complete RIP OFFS! 30 dollars for a cab .

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank Michael M
ramadawestatlantic, Webmaster at Ramada West Atlantic City, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. They will help us improve. I apologize for any ways in which we fell short of exceeding your expectations. While we do indeed provide courtesy transportation, it’s just that: a courtesy. We make every effort to keep things running smoothly and on schedule but you are ultimately responsible for your own transportation needs. We try to help out as much as we can. I’m sure you understand that.

Dillsburg
Reviewed 21 January 2014

My expectations for a hotel room are pretty low. After all, you don't usually spend more than one night there. That being said, this location did not meet my expectations. 1. I expect that my hotel room should have a place to plug in my laptop. No, I don't mean internet, I mean a place to plug in the power. The only available power receptacles were in the bathroom, near the refrigerator near the bathroom, and behind the TV. Pretty much useless if I wanted to sit in bed and use my laptop (as the closest receptacles to the bed were behind the bed - inaccessible). 2. The room had very few electrical outlets in general. I don't drink coffee, but I wouldn't really have been able to use the in room coffee machine because it wasn't plugged in. Reason why it wasn't plugged in? The closest electrical outlet was 6 feet away behind the TV (the coffee machine was on the business desk - where it usually is in these kinds of hotels). Kind of pointless to have a coffee maker when I need to plug it in near or inside the bathroom. 3. I expect that the warm water in the shower should be consistent. I'm not a long shower taker; 5-10 minutes max. During that time I had to adjust the shower at least 4 or 5 times because it would either get really hot or really cold randomly. 4. I expect that a non-smoking room should not smell like cigarettes. Every piece of my clothing (not that I had many) came out smelling like cigarettes after I left. That's unacceptable. 5. The climate control should be automatic. At over $100 per night, I think that I should be able to set the desired temperature and the room should be able to hold somewhere near that temperature. The climate control unit in my room had 3 settings: Hot/Cold/Off. Seeing as it was freezing outside when I was at the location, I left the heat on. That was a mistake because it never went off and I woke up to it being in the upper 70's in the room. Not only was that a waste of electricity for the hotel, it was also unnecessarily warm. We've had automatic climate control since the for at least 20 years - it's time to get with the times.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank Jason S
ramadawestatlantic, Webmaster at Ramada West Atlantic City, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking time to offer your comments about the hotel. I appreciate your effort. I apologize that there were maintenance issues with the room that made your stay less than 100 percent favorable. Our goal is complete customer satisfaction, and I can see from the tone of your comments that you weren’t completely satisfied. If there are unresolved issues from your stay, please contact me directly. I take all comments seriously as I consider how to continually improve this property.

Hotel Manager.

Travellers are raving about these Pleasantville hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasantville
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City
Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel
Howard Johnson Inn Atlantic City
Howard Johnson Inn Atlantic City
#15 of 49 in Atlantic City

Been to Ramada West Atlantic City? Share your experiences!