“Discusting. This place needs to be shut down.”

Ramada West Atlantic City
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Pleasantville
“Discusting. This place needs to be shut down.”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed here from June 20th to June 22nd. First off, I booked a king sized bed and received instead a room with two double beds. When we got into the room, I noticed the room had a musty smell and was very hot. The ac dial was broken off but eventually started working. When I woke up on Saturday morning I had five bug bites. This place has a severe amount of bed bugs and cockroaches. Unfortunately, we did have to stay two nights due to money issues. I now have over 10 bug bites. I booked through hotels.com. The only positive things about this place is the affordable atlantic city shuttle and the breakfast is decent. Please never stay here unless you enjoy being itchy and in pain for your whole stay! I'm definitely reporting this!!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amy R
ramadawestatlantic, Webmaster at Ramada West Atlantic City, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Guest,

While I’m terribly sorry that some maintenance and other issues detracted from your stay, I must strongly and adamantly reject any suggestion of an insect problem in this hotel. We take such matters serious and are certain our rooms are clean, comfortable and insect-free. The insect bites you got were probably from a local park or other attraction. In any case, I apologize for any ways we fell short of your total satisfaction.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My husband and I checked into the room on Saturday June 14. We went to see a show and out to dinner. Upon our return and much to our surprise we entered the room to find flying ants everywhere. They were crawling up the walls and were on the sheets and pillows. We packed up and went to the front desk to tell him what happened. He sent a man to inspect the room and he told the man at the desk that there most definitely were flying ants. We asked for a refund and we were then given a card with the managers name and we were told to call in the morning. We booked our stay through Expedia . I contacted them and they are going to handle the situation. We were told that we will receive a refund. I know one thing for sure, I will never stay at that Ramada again!

Room Tip: Do not stay here, unless you don't mind flying ants crawling on you when you go to sleep!
Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
ramadawestatlantic, Webmaster at Ramada West Atlantic City, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. While we reject the idea that we have any sort of insect problem at this hotel, we sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet your needs on this occasion. I’m glad your third-party booking agent is arranging the refund you deserve since you didn’t stay with us. We satisfy hundreds of people every month, but we understand that we can’t satisfy everyone.

Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Pleasantville hotels

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I booked through expedia an figured the ramada is usually a great place to sleep. Boy was I wrong. My mom who is 79 had problems breathing. The air conditioner wasn't worked to full potential an the room smelled musty. Than I woke up around 2 am to use the bathroom an what do I see roach fully grown. How great. So I reported it an got refunded. But my advice to you. DONT STAY HERE!!! Trust me don't waste your time or money. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. While we cannot stand for the allegation that there is an insect problem at this hotel or that there is any other kind of unhealthy condition, I’m pleased that you asked for and received a full refund if you were less than satisfied in any way. We strive for complete satisfaction and will do whatever it takes to make that happen.

New York
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The photos on the internet were terribly misleading. We were looking for an inexpensive hotel for an overnight in Atlantic City, and Ramada is ususally a pretty good name in hotel chains. NOT THIS ONE. Let's start with the trash behind the main building in the parking lot... old mattresses and tires included... our room with a view of the water was a joke, thought for sure we'd get stuck in the elevator getting there, there were water stains on the ceiling and walls, the door looked like the room had been broken into, the doors had been taken off the entertainment center, the bottom of the tub was black, the chair was all stained, the blankets had holes, there were little hairs in the sheets... need I go on?? I didn't expect a 5-star hotel, but this was truly ridiculous and disgusting, but when we got to our room at 2am we really had nowhere else to go. Not to mention, they were already cleaning up the nasty continental breakfast when we went downstairs a half an hour before it was suppsoed to be over. We complained, they promised to make it right. As of now (more than a month later), I still haven't heard anything back from Ramada in terms of refunding my money. So I will be calling them AGAIN to complain. :/

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank so much for commenting. If there are any outstanding issues from your stay, please contact me directly. I’m terribly sorry that your experience with us did not meet your expectations. We satisfy hundreds of people each month, but we strive to satisfy all customers. I hope you will try us again when in the area again. We’re changing and improving to serve guests like you better.

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasantville
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City
#6 of 50 in Atlantic City
3.5 of 5 bubbles 7,884 reviews
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City

Been to Ramada West Atlantic City? Share your experiences!