“Not a good deal!”

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Pleasantville
Washington, DC
“Not a good deal!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

This hotel is not worth the money!

We paid 125/night for a weekend in the summer. Right down the street are the Econo Lodge and Rodeway Inn, both are cheaper and could not be worse. The front desk staff was rude and acted like they were doing you a favor by checking you in. Then when our room keys stopped working, they scolded us for keeping them too close to our wallet. I guess the desk clerk was upset we were interrupting his cigarette break.

The hallways smell awful, I don’t even know what the smell was; Bologna?

The room itself was big. That is the only positive.

There were two double beds, my husband is 6'2 and I'm 5'0 and we couldn't sleep in the bed together. The room was falling apart, paint and plaster chipping off the walls. The bathroom looked like dirt had just been painted over and over. The floors were dirty inside the hallway and out.

Finally, the hotel is not convenient to the Beach or AC.

Honestly, I am not insistent on a top of the line hotel, and I am ok getting what I pay for, but this was bad and not all that cheap! Maybe if you can get it for $50/night it would be a better deal.

1 Thank Lea032809
ramadawestatlantic, Webmaster at Ramada West Atlantic City, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you commenting, and I’m very sorry that you didn’t find your stay with us to be a good value. Still, we’re always changing and improving -- and your comments will be valuable to us as we refurbish the hotel. I apologize that we could not meet your needs on this occasion and would welcome you back. We’re getting better and better every day.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
New Holland, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

The hotel isn't beautiful but all I cared about was having a place to stay. I read a lot of review's before we stayed so I took my own blankets sheets and cleaning supplies. I didn't need to use them though because the room and sheets were spotless. The blanket is horrible not sure what its made from but didn't feel like any fabric I have ever seen. Thank god I took my own blanket to use because otherwise I would of froze with the bed being right in front of the ac. The breakfast was not worth going to just two waffle irons and some fruit. The staff was very friendly and went above and beyond for the things I asked for. All in all it was an OK experience.

• Stayed August 2014
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is by far the worst place ever, first of all we had booked 6 rooms for night got there a little early begged them to check in early because we had kids ... they kept us waiting until half hour before check in claiming that they are "cleaning rooms", cafeteria next to the lobby smelled disgusting anyways we get to the rooms there are no towels and they said they will bring towels later, rooms smelled funny, coffee machine was dusty and gross, microwave smelled like febreeze which is gross to have such chemical in a place where u put food, there is smoking rooms which is weird coz we all thought that smoking in rooms was banned ... next morning some of us checked out before others and rudely the front desk asked why are you staying in the lobby if u checked out already .... overall horrible horrible horrible experience and would not recommend to an enemy.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marwa G
Dear Guest,

I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your needs. All I can do is apologize to you that you were not satisfied when so many others are. We take pride in this hotel and satisfy hundreds every month. We’re also working to make this property nicer than ever before, and we improve with each passing day. I hope you will eventually try us again and see us with new eyes.

Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Pleasantville hotels

Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

OMG i'm not even sure where to start. When we first got there and checked out the room we were shocked. The bathroom door could not lock due to the guts on the door were completely gutted out. They said they would change our room but than did't have any open room and that they would fix it right away, we stayed for 5 nights and it was never fixed. The bath tub did not hold water, there was a hole in the faucet area of the tub. the toilet paper holder was so close to the floor it was kind of funny, the bathroom itself was very dirty there was dirt caked in the corners. It was Bad! By the one bed there was a pile of dog food left from another tenant. There was a huge stair on the ceiling that was disturbing. If you book a double room they will not provide a microwave! This was a big deal to us because we had cooked a few meals prior to our trip and planned on using the microwave. The room did not have any trash bags and when we asked the maid for some she said the hotel doesn't provide them. The wifi did not reach our room. The pool area does not have a bathroom near by nor does it provide towels. and the breakfast only has 2 waffle makers as their hot food. I was very unhappy with our stay!

Room Tip: go to another hotel
1 Thank Mindy H
Dear Guest,

Thanks for the comments. We will use them as we change and improve. I apologize that we failed to meet your needs when so many others we satisfied during that same time period. We’re proud to be associated with the Ramada name and take pride in serving customers like you. I’m truly sorry that we failed you in this case, however.

Cairo Na
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

At arrival I was told that one of the 2 rooms I booked was cancelled until I showed them the confirmation letter, the room was smelly, the blankets were old and torn. The guy at the front office was not honest, when I asked to change the room to another decent one in the main building he claimed that no rooms were available. After a few minutes a couple arrived and he gave them a room in the main building even at a lower rate

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry we could not change your booking because other rooms were reserved for other guests who booked them in advance. When rooms are available, we’re always happy to make changes to accommodate guests in any way we can. We take real pride in this hotel and the service we provide, and I apologize that could not satisfy you.

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasantville
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City
#6 of 50 in Atlantic City
3.5 of 5 bubbles 7,623 reviews
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City

Been to Ramada West Atlantic City? Share your experiences!