See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 September 2016

The location is perfect, close to Atlantic City Casinos but not too close to all the hustle and noises.
The room is newly furnished. Very nice set-up considering the price level. The TV is a flat screen, not too big but has HBO.
Very good impression about the staff - they are really really friendly. I travel often, and I would say that the staff in this hotel definitely deserve a big hug when you check out.

Room Tip: Talk to the front desk, they are very friendly.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Men loitering outside on the front of the property. The room was musty and the A/C (if you could call it that) made a horrendous noise ALL NIGHT. My skin crawled all night, didn't sleep because it felt like something was biting me. We didn't even unpack, glad I only had to spend one night here.

Dirty floors, holes in the curtains. What looked like prostitutes sitting on the front steps at night when we returned, lots of young people playing loud music, yelling and cursing.

And if that wasn't enough the few staff we interacted with were rude and condescending. Absolutely WILL NOT STAY HERE EVER AGAIN.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank RobinC0501
Reviewed 21 August 2016

The room was musty. We had the air conditioner on high for all three days of our stay and it barely kept the room cool. The furnishings in the room were out dated and worn out in appearance. Somebody, please update this hotel. Surprised that " Howard Johnson's " would put their name on this slum !

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank F89TLdavids
Reviewed 19 August 2016

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2016

This was a terrible 5 day stay. 1-the room smelled of mold and mildew and when I asked to change rooms because of it, the next room was even worse, 2-this HJ is located on Black Horse Pike which is isolated; thank goodness a restaurant is connected next door which was very good by the way (you can take the local bus into Atlantic City which runs all day and night) & 3-I hate it when a hotel has less than 150 tv channels to choose from. This one had about 15 channels and 2 of them were Spanish, 1 HBO which saved me & Fox News plus 2 sports channels, etc. When you are isolated like that, you need at least alot of tv channels to choose from. In fact, I saw a couple of people who were outside by the pool on their computers watching movies!!!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo