“Beautiful, Clean and Very Quiet”
Review of Surfside Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Point Pleasant Beach
Surfside Motel
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My husband and I stay here every year and absolutely love it. The Jersey Shore is filled with party hotels that are dirty and noisy. This is more like a beautiful Bed & Breakfast in the heart of Point Pleasant. The owners/staff are very attentive and accommodating. I highly recommend!

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor have been remodeled and are beautiful!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Surfside Motel has been our home away from home ever since we moved from NJ and return each time for a visit. It is not only the rooms that come under perfection but it is the owners. Barbara has been my friend ever since the first time we arrived as well as her sons. Whenever we came down for a family reunion or school reunion I would ALWAYS advise everyone to stay there. At the beginning of this year my husband died and Sandy ruined my chance to stay there.
Can you believe that Barbara sent me a letter apologizing for not being able to accommodate me? Apparently she saw the obit. in the newspaper. That is the epitomy of hospitality. I am so happy that they are back and I will see them soon. I own The Edge Of Thyme B&B and know what perfection is. Eva Mae Musgrave

Room Tip: I like being near the office. I have never been bothered by noise.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We were here for my parents' vow renewal ceremony on the beach. The woman was very friendly and accommodated our early arrival. The rooms were clean and updated. I loved the soaps. It was comfortable and in a good area. This seems to be a family run business. What I didn't like was the customer experience. You feel as if you are a guest in their home and they are not shy about letting you know what the rules are. There are signs posted all over the rooms. No visitors, no smoking on the property, no one under 25 can stay. They wouldn't let my 24 year old sister stay with her 28 year old boyfriend. Upon check in we had to show our drivers licenses and were questioned why our ct licenses looked different from each other. They wouldn't let my aunt sleep in my other aunts room. She got a hotel across the street for half the price. It's a nice place, but not accommodating to anything outside their box.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank ciacovelli
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This was a great place to stay. The staff were very welcoming and helpful.
The only negative is I would have loved to have a coffee machine in the room.
The location was perfect for a family wedding gathering.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Honestly the best part of this motel is the new heated pool. The jets with warm water are really great. We had a pretty big room with a mini-fridge. The bed was as hard as a rock and the bathroom had a tiny shower stall barely big enough to turn around in. It was clean and they make a huge deal about no smoking on the property and really look down on anyone who smokes, even if you go off the property to smoke. The managers look at you as though you are about to steal something. I guess they only want elderly people who they feel they can trust to stay here. For the price it's not really worth it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank redheadvixen24
Reviewed 11 September 2013

My husband and I have been going to this motel for the last six years. We have never had a bad experience. The owner and staff are the most friendly people you would ever like to meet. The rooms are always so well kept that you can eat off the floor! We recommend that if you want a friendly, peaceful and spotless experience, this is the place to go.

Mr. and Mrs. P.

Room Tip: Any room is great!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

hotel was very clean no smoking rooms in rooms or within 20 feet of building
a walk to beach but for teenagers and husbands that want to fish or go out on fishing boats it is perfect . they give you beach passes for each day including last day you can stay and use pool and use rest room . strict about rules have seen them ask people to leave and I think that was a very good thing!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family