“Wonderful Place!”

Point Pleasant Manor
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I stayed at the Point Pleasant Manor last week with my husband and 5 year old daughter. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The pool is a great size, very clean with Cabanas around it. There is a lot of room on the deck area. Not like some place where you are on top of each other. The location was a block from a beautiful beach with a family type crowd. Jenkinson Boardwalk is about a 5 minute ride. You can also drive over to the Seaside Boardwalk which is about a 15 minute drive. The staff was wonderful. When booking the trip I mentioned the previous month’s special deal and I was given the same special deal even though it expired. The free continental breakfast poolside was a plus. Fresh bagels, donunts, crumb cake, juice and coffee. My family and I will defiantly be going back

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank lovetotravel4444

Reviewed 27 August 2012

I am a homeowner in Point Pleasant, we have heard the complaints but wanted to check it out for my parents and out of town guests...

Sadly, I cannot recommend this motel for the following reasons:

-Charged card the day we booked (strike 1)
-3 weeks prior to our stay, they Charged an undetermined (not sure what it will be) cancellation fee based on their discretion, NEVER INFORMED US before booking (Strike 2)
-Cannot credit my account back for the originally charged room for 1 month (Strike 3)

Point Pleasant has the best of the Jersey Shore, this business is not reflective of a stay in the area.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank clickalicia
Anthony G, Owner at Point Pleasant Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

I object to this review because the reviewer never stayed at our Hotel and is basing a review solely on our cancellation policy, in an attempt to get some form of "revenge". I will outline our summer cancellation policy for the readers clarification.

We do require a one night deposit to book a room during the summer. This is a common practice with seasonal Hotels. We have a two week cancellation policy. If you cancel prior to the two weeks you get a full and immediate refund. If you cancel after the two week period you may lose your deposit. However, when cancellation is unavoidable, we do try to work with guests on a case by case basis to find an amicable solution. This policy is very common in seasonal hotels and protects us from cancellations based solely on the weather.

This policy is very straightforward and most of our competitors have the same exact cancellation policy. We have been in the hotel business in Point Pleasant Beach since 1977 and our reputation is impeccable. This is a dishonest review, as the reviewer did not stay with us and therefore has no basis to review us at all. Please disregard this review.

Reviewed 24 August 2012

The rooms were immaculate. Very nice and up to date. The entire premise is very clean, including the pool. Todd at the front desk was very friendly and extremely accomodating. He made us feel very comfortable and well taken care of. My hubby and I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Kimb0k87
Reviewed 21 August 2012

That pic is not the right one I didn't realize this was the manor a yellow building?..... Todd is a verheard worker he is kind! respectful,and does his best to make sure your stay is great... He is a great cook you are lucky to have him on your staff... I am glad you are updating the colors in the rooms it makes the rooms more relaxing and stress free.. Unfortunately the couch beds are not comfortable they should be updated...putting floors in the rooms is a definite plus ..... The pool is great but chlorine should be added another time during the day to keep it clean... Parking should be limited pending on the room...all rooms should be smoke free if they aren't already you can tell when a smoker was smoking in a room

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Stacy C
Reviewed 18 August 2012

The hotel is right on highway 35, about a block from the beach and a 5 min. Drive to the Point Pleasant boardwalk. It's in the shape of an "H". The rooms in the front face a parking lot, the middle is the lobby and the rear has a nice clean built in pool. The room I had was by the parking lot and I did hear traffic. I requested a back room by the pool but they were sold out. The room was small but clean. It looked like they recently installed new floors and it had conservative decor. The bathroom was tiny and the door was difficult to open and close, it scratched the floor. They served a continental breakfast by the pool in the AM. It consisted of bagels, fresh baked goods from a local bakery and coffee, tea and juice. I went with my 11year old daughter for two nights. She wanted to go on the rides at the boardwalk and see the beach. It worked out fine. My husband has a difficult time getting off from work so I didn't want to spend a fortune for a hotel bill for a kids vacation. The people who ran the hotel were nice and it was easy to get around.

Room Tip: The rooms by the pool are in a better location then the rooms in the front by the parking lot, espec...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Bcabo
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I'm very shocked to read everyone's reviews. I am not picky at all but these rooms were horrible. Although it seemed clean, the mattress was so uncomfortable. I felt like I was sleeping on an air mattress. The decor was so old and ugly. The bathroom was very small and old, no bathtub which was very hard with kids, the handles were hanging off the wall, the shower spit out water and was pointed to the wall which made it even hard for my husband and I to shower. The door to the room didn't close all the way. What a mess. I would never stay there again or recommend it. I wasn't expecting a 5 star hotel but for $200 a night, I was expecting better than that. These owners seem to have no standards. The quality inn right down the block was much nicer and all brand new.

• Stayed: August 2012
5  Thank Jcosta226
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I live in NJ and if I want to go down the shore to escape this is the place to stay. Away from the noise and boardwalk crowd but family owned and operated. Going here for years, almost hesitate to comment because it is such a nice place. Clean, pool, value and staff are amazing. Just enjoyed a three night stay. Perfect, walk across the street (literally) to the beach and if not, enjoy the beautiful, clean, well kept pool and light snacks and meals. Will be returning again.

Room Tip: A king regular is sufficient for two.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple