“Wonderful”

Point Pleasant Manor
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We had a great stay, location excellent, staff wonderful, pool great, also nice that they have a grill they sell for lunch time, very convient...room clean..I can not say enough for how great it was..Beach was around the corner..Boardwalk close..I will be back for sure..

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank Anderann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Had a great time. Location was nice and close to the beach. The room was spacious. The pool was lovely and clean. With all that said the service is what I found the most impressive. I had some great conversation and they were always smiling. Quick to lend a hand when needed. I haven't vacationed in a few years and this was a good one.

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank Nyguyalbany
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 June 2013

My girlfriend and I had a very Pleasant experience at the Point Pleasant Manor. This hotel is located within a few steps from the beach. The rooms are newly refurnished and very comfortable. Todd, the manager on duty, was very pleasant and very helpful throughout our stay. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a great place to stay at a cost-effective price, and enjoy the beach and Point Pleasant area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Jack W
Wall Township, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I was at the Manor during the off season for a few weeks and i found it to be very pleasant.The staff, maids and workers were very helpful, im an older gent and the staff seemed to go out of their way to make me comfortable. There was breakfast every morning and some mornings they would bring me bagels and cream cheese and coffee right to my room. Can't say enough about this place, clean, friendly, helpful. The owner used to tell me jokes all the time (clean ones) he is such a funny guy he made me feel so good always got me out of my slump The rates are very reasonable in the off season you should come here and relax.. I will return soon, hope they remember me.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank john e
Reviewed 31 May 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here only for a night and a day just as a little mini vacation together. The "driver" was extremely creepy and suspicious as had a disgusting, dirty van and was beyond rude. The staff wasnt their friendliest and the room was very dirty. The sheets had holes in them, loose strands of black hair, (I don't have black hair and neither does my boyfriend), most of the lamps didn't work, or were absolutely filthy. We caught about 5 bugs in our room. The bed overall wasn't bad, despite the sheets. The room smelled funny and the air conditioner barely worked. It's manageable for a night, but definitely not coming here again. They need to keep their hotel more clean and be friendlier if they want more business. When we first came here, there were no guests in the lobby, and I've only seen two other occupants staying here, otherwise no one was staying here and I can see why.

• Stayed May 2013
9 Thank Roxyfrost
Anthony G, Owner at Point Pleasant Manor, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
I think this review is simply not for our hotel. The reason I think it is incorrect is that the reviewer mentions that our driver is creepy and suspicious. We do not have a driver connected with our hotel, in any way shape or form. We do not provide transportation. Due to this major factual error please disregard this review as it cannot be true as it is written.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I wish I could give the PP Manor a better rating, but I have to base it on our stay there. Very friendly staff on check-in - not much available parking. The outdoor pool looked very nice but it was too cold out for us to use it. If the water was heated then it wasn't enough for that weather.

The problem was a lack of control of some of the partying guests in nearby rooms. We thought this was more of a quiet family motel, but that wasn't the case during our stay. Multiple rooms with doors open and outside gathering of young adults looking to party Memorial Day weekend. They were drinking and playing loud music until about 10 PM until it was time to go out. After that, peace and quiet until my wife and two kids were woken up simultaneously by blaring music shortly after 2 AM - the partyers were back for the night. Apparently after 2 AM the front desk leaves and does not answer the main phone when called, nor does it forward anywhere for emergencies. We found out later that there apparently was an emergency contact number posted on the front desk door somewhere but it wasn't very obvious or we would have called it. Instead we called the local police that came and asked the party to quiet down - they didn't - so another call to them and another visit seemed to finally do the trick. We were told in the morning that at that point security arrived to watch over the situation but we didn't witness any of this.

The problem is that there is clearly a gap in security that should be addressed for this type of situation - especially when on a holiday. The motel told us that they were quite aware that this is more likely to happen during these holiday weekends, but yet didn't seem well prepared for it. We were offered to call back for a future stay at a discounted rate, but we will likely not stay here again given our experience. The more appropriate concession would have been 1/2 off the room rate. It's simply not acceptable to pay $200 for a room when you are kept up at night calling the police in order to salvage some sleep.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank dccd14
Anthony G, Owner at Point Pleasant Manor, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
I apologize that you had a problem with the noise. Sometimes this can be a minor issue during the busy holiday weekends. Our office is open till 2am to report any issues. We have an emergency number posted as well after hours.

We also have an independent security guard on the premises after 2am who is available to handle these issue when they arise. In fact, he was there at the same time as the police came that evening. Both our security and the police determined that while there was noise it was not outrageous, but again I do apologize that the reviewer was disturbed.
Matawan, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 May 2013

It doesn't look like much pulling into the parking lot, but walking into the lobby totally changed your mind, a typical beach motel with a nice pool, but extra clean...The beds were ok, bathroom a bit small, but was manageable.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family