“Clean- met our needs”
Review of Point Beach Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Point Pleasant Beach
Point Beach Motel
New Jersey
“Clean- met our needs”
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Arrived on a Saturday and they let us check in early which was nice- were helpful with suggesting a place to go to dinner off of the boardwalk- was very close to the boardwalk which was helpful-
We did use the pool- which was nice but it had a sticky blue substance around the edges that got on my skin-didn't care for that....
Saturday night was a bit more rowdy- one of the guests set off a fire alarm because they were smoking in their hotel room - Sunday night was VERY quiet-
No toiletries provided except for small bars of soap and no hair dryer- Make sure you bring them if you need them!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ekb1979

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 August 2010

Nothing is cheap on the Jersey shore in the heart of the summer. The question is what kind of accommodations you're going to get for your money. Generally, if you spend top dollar you'll have a good experience. If you're trying to keep the cost down you will still end up spending a lot. The risk is that too often you'll wind up in a real dive that makes what you saved a foolish decision. The Point Beach offered competitive pricing in a great location and I was happy to find the accommodations were clean, comfortable and convenient. The staff was friendly and we enjoyed our stay. Hope to stay here again!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank JK_n_PA
phoenixville, pa
Reviewed 23 August 2010

The location is great - I don't think you can find a place closer to Jenkinson's pier. Parking is free and very easy considering the lot across the street charges $25. The room was clean and I didn't wake up with back pain from the beds. The pool area was well kept. They even offer free wifi. We stayed there 2 years ago and if we go back to Point Pleasant I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank pbeasley
Middletown, New York
Reviewed 9 August 2010

We just got back from staying at this motel and I would recommend this motel to anyone. Yes you do have to pay for parking but if you find a place to park on the street, you can avoid the $10 a day fee. We chose to park in the lot and the location is so great, we didn't need to move our car for three days. Everything is in walking distance. When we first arrived, I had requested a room on the first floor and there was not one available. I was upset as my husband has a medical issue which makes it hard for him to climb stairs. Once Ashley arrived, who was a relative to the owner, she made a point to assign us to a room on the first floor. She gave us an efficiency which was much larger, for the same price as a regular room. The staff is terrific, including Valerie and Micheal the breakfast cook. The grounds are well maintained and there is no rift raft here. The pool and the rooms were very clean. A shout out goes to the cleaning staff as they work very hard. There are lots of bbq grills and tables and chairs to use around the side of the pool, but we didn't notice any one using them. It was a shame because it really was nice. We would have, but since it was only the two of us, we ate out everyday. Next time I come back with family, I would definitely utilize this area. I suggested putting a tiki bar back there, maybe that would get some use. LOL....all in all, the trip was fabulous and I can not thank the staff enough for making our trip enjoyable. We will be visiting your motel again, and I will recommend this to friends as well.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mud24
Bloomfield, NJ
Reviewed 25 July 2010

My husband and I just returned from a great weekend at the Point Beach motel. Quiet, relaxing and all around enjoyable. Right across the street from the boardwalk and amusement park, but there isn't much noise to be heard in the rooms. The staff was great, very friendly. If there is one criticism that I could give i'd say the rooms need to be just a little cleaner..I dropped somthing behind the dresser and I found some items that other guests have dropped behind the dresser. Other than that it was fantastic, relaxing, and a much needed weekend trip away.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
NYC
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Overall this motel is a good deal for the price. I was nervous heading there thinking it was going to be a dump, but it was what I expected = outdated but clean seaside motel. Pros = very clean pool, nice staff, unbeatable location, free beach passes w/ room, free parking, wi-fi. Cons = dated bathroom (tub/shower is old), old comforters, small rooms, no frills, overall musty feel.
We picked this place b/c we didn't want to stay a whole week and it's hard to find a house rental for just a few nights. At first sight I was a bit uncomfortable, but after a day we enjoyed it. We even decided to stay an extra night. But after 3 nights, I wanted to leave. If you're used to staying at hotels like Embassy suites, Marriotts, or Hiltons then you'll probably be disappointed in this place. But it really is a great location - it's literally across the street from the beach & Jenkinon's Amusement Park. We barely used the car. And for $189/night, it's not so bad. Honestly, we won't be returning to this motel ever, but if you're single/couple I would give it a try if you don't want to rent a house for a full week.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank NYCfamily0f4
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 June 2010

My husband and are two young children stayed here and was dissapointed at the size of the rooms, and the general upkeep of the grounds. The rooms were not as clean as some of the other places I have stayed. For the money we paid we could of been in a m uch nicer motel. In addition, the staff was not friendly and not willing to go the extra mile for us when we complained about the room not being clean.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family